What are you listening to at the moment?

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
The Shape of Pointless Reunion Album to Come.

I'm sure the crux of the band's essence could only be experienced if you were there in Umea during the early 90s. I'm quite sure this album is not going to be anything like their previous works in content or magnitude. It's easy for one to write this off just like any band coming back from glory days in the 90s, but I personally am curious and would like to give it a chance at least, even if I end up severely disappointed. I guess I'm still like a kid in that respect, and also like a hypocritical capitalist in that sense too. I enjoy feeding into hype and relish in hoping something like this with old bands could be good. The human heart is complex and we must forgive ourselves for it

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Soukaigi Soundtrack.
I was doing some cleaning and found my Square Vocal Collection #1, which has this on it:

TERRIBLE game.
Great soundtrack.

Also, pretty hard to find 320kbps MP3s for it.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm sure the crux of the band's essence could only be experienced if you were there in Umea during the early 90s. I'm quite sure this album is not going to be anything like their previous works in content or magnitude. It's easy for one to write this off just like any band coming back from glory days in the 90s, but I personally am curious and would like to give it a chance at least, even if I end up severely disappointed. I guess I'm still like a kid in that respect, and also like a hypocritical capitalist in that sense too. I enjoy feeding into hype and relish in hoping something like this with old bands could be good. The human heart is complex and we must forgive ourselves for it

Yeah to be honest I was hoping they would not make any new music. Creating one of the greatest albums ever and immediately breaking up is a great legend. Doing one more world tour a decade later to do that album justice and meet their fans was cool. And I wish they left it at that.

Granted, they said that the idea of destroying that legend is what motivated them to make a new album. I at least wish it were self produced and that Jon were still in the band.

I used to not listen to follow up albums after an amazing record. And there is literally no way they're going to top Shape. But I'll still listen. I just wish I could have the mentality of "they made something amazing once, they won't top it and there's nothing wrong with that" but a small sense of resentment will probably be in the back of my mind.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I've been really appreciating the Ketsui soundtrack. I never realized how fucking rockin' the boss music is. Evac Industries (stage 5 music) is also really fucking good.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I was just listening to "The Shape of Punk to Come" yesterday... Which happens to be one of my favorite albums, which I also first heard after they broke up (kinda obvious, with a song on there called "Refused are Fuckin Dead"). So even if this album sucks ass, (and it should be at the very least mediocre) I would just love to see them in concert... That would be one I would have to jump into the mosh pit for and get banged up. Hardcore punk mosh pits are the only fun ones.

Anyone hear the new Faith No More album yet? Not too bad, only listened to it a few times. I really wish there more songs though.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I saw them for their 'reunion' in 2012, was an amazing show, seriously. They even brought out Lou Koller of SOIA and played a couple of their songs.

qurao

n00b
I rarely ever recommend music to people, but I stumbled on this song and I think it's freakin' amazing. It has the right amount of weirdness and it combines different styles in an enjoyable way.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
been listening to soundgarden-black hole sun. haven't heard that song in ages and was really happy to find it and hear it again. the music video for it is pretty creepy but an awesome song