What are you listening to at the moment?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm doing my yearly attempt to appreciate Jawbreaker. They're iconic, but I just don't get it. I think their sound is pretty straightforward. Maybe they were great for their time and you just had to be there to still appreciate them today.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah I'm not huge on Jawbreaker. Though I've listened to more 24 hour revenge therapy than dear you.

I was listening to this earlier today. Jawbreaker reminded me of it, even though they don't sound like them.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm doing my yearly attempt to appreciate Jawbreaker. They're iconic, but I just don't get it. I think their sound is pretty straightforward. Maybe they were great for their time and you just had to be there to still appreciate them today.

A) Millennial MASShole
B) It's all about the lyrics

fake

15 Year Member
A) Millennial MASShole
B) It's all about the lyrics

Ah, OK. See, I like music that has good lyrics, good musicianship, and good composition. Good to have someone around who appreciates only one dimension of music to clear things up.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
They're iconic, but I just don't get it. I think their sound is pretty straightforward.
Ah, OK. See, I like music that has good lyrics, good musicianship, and good composition. Good to have someone around who appreciates only one dimension of music to clear things up.

fake

15 Year Member

:lolz: You boner. My complaint is that they aren't, to me, a multifaceted band. You respond by arguing that they are a one-dimensional band ("it's all about the lyrics"), and then back up your claim with my own complaint about their one-dimensionality? Maybe you're just tired. Go play some Jaguar and unwind.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Agree with you guys about Jawbreaker, they have some great songs but I just can't sit through a whole album without getting bored. Always preferred Jets to Brazil musically and lyrically, Perfecting Loneliness manages to be both sad and groovy. Great album.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
There is really nothing better than cocaine and booze

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
This band should have been massive.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:D REPLAY!
FREE! - ft deeizm [djmarky & makoto]
Spoiler:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amwNnxCUa4
shout out to gummy.
you're doing a bang up 'job' m8, keep @ it...LOL! :p

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
On cd earlier (compilation w/ leave me alone tracks)

+

This on repeat. I loved this band in high school, VERY AHEAD OF THEIR TIME

geise

Mickey's Coach
Loved this band for a long time. Christian Vander is one of my favorite drummers. Song gets nuts about 8 min in.

@ASID: I love that Creation is Crucifixion. First I've heard of them. Also always have enjoyed listening to S.O.B.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
@ASID: I love that Creation is Crucifixion. First I've heard of them.

Cool, I'm glad. I definitely recommend hearing more of their material. They were from pittsburgh and existed from like 1997 to 2001? The music, ahead of it's time, and their conceptual/lyrical themes we certainly ahead of it's time too.

Last edited:

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:glee:
Annie [nighthawk, torrent project, PFS]
Spoiler:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LuRyAQObh8&start_radio=1&list=RD_LuRyAQObh8
]

always worth a replay! :D