What are you listening to at the moment?

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Been listening a lot to this one lately:

1964419214_1999998613_white_stripes.jpg

great album imo

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Its out already?

Ive been listening to Demon Days and stuff. I need to get the new Beck album even though it isnt as good (or at least everyone says it isnt).

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Its out already?

Ive been listening to Demon Days and stuff. I need to get the new Beck album even though it isnt as good (or at least everyone says it isnt).

It's been out for over week or so :)

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
For the last day and a half I kept "Pearl's Girl" by Underworld on repeat, but just recently I changed for
f91086t69vp.jpg

Robbie Williams - Escapology

...and there's still a ton of stuff I've been looking to buy that I haven't gotten around to yet
:loco:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Not much, well atleast not any albums just some new singles and what not. Mostly southern rap. No one in particular, Master P, Three 6 Mafia, Mike Jones mainly.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
@ the moment (in particular) I am listening to Adagio for Strings and plan to be listening to my collection of 33's of the Time Life Collection of Mozart and Beethoven that once beloned to my paretns but they gave me years ago. Lately I've been trying to cool my jets a bit on things. And I've always loved Classical/Orchestral/Instrumental music over all other forms. Most of my friends throughout the years do not understand this side of me, but oh well. It's the universal language and powerfull. I'm not snobby enough like some of my more aristocratic cousins to know what song is what in "A Minor" and yaddie yadda, yadda... but I know what I like when I hear it.

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Lately just been setting my iPod to shuffle and playing random shit while driving, everything to Pink Floyd, Bowie, and Queen to Ludacris, NIN, Tool, and Gorillaz so nothing inparticular.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Beethoven Symphanies 1-5
Dre Dre - The Chronic
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Erasure - Pop!
Spandau Ballet - Gold - the best of
Method Man - tical (and not fucking tical 0 :very_ang: )
Fountains of Wayne - Staceys mom
Man Parrish - hip hop, be bop, dont stop \\o

meh thats about it I guess.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Mercenary X99 said:
@ the moment (in particular) I am listening to Adagio for Strings and plan to be listening to my collection of 33's of the Time Life Collection of Mozart and Beethoven that once beloned to my paretns but they gave me years ago. Lately I've been trying to cool my jets a bit on things. And I've always loved Classical/Orchestral/Instrumental music over all other forms. Most of my friends throughout the years do not understand this side of me, but oh well. It's the universal language and powerfull. I'm not snobby enough like some of my more aristocratic cousins to know what song is what in "A Minor" and yaddie yadda, yadda... but I know what I like when I hear it.

MERCENARY X99

Classical music is usually just named for what type of music / arrangement and key it is in anyway, so the names are confusing.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I've been shuffling my Interpol (both albums, live tracks, and b-sides) and Kent albums (both English releases)

and I've been playing Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister, I'm not sure if I really like the song that much, I think seeing Will Ferrell play the cowbell has lodged the song in my head now

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Had on a bit of:

James Blunt
Jem
My Chemical Romance
Snow Patrol
Bruce Springsteen
Jimmy Eat World

You gotta check out James Blunt, he's awesome.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Mercenary X99 said:
plan to be listening to my collection of 33's of the Time Life Collection of Mozart and Beethoven

I also have that collection.

As of late I have been listening to:

Kool Keith: Sex Style
Lyrics Born: Same Shit diffrent Day
Aesop Rock: All Albums
Necro: The Pre-Fix for Death (meh)
Cake: Comfort Eagle
Dopestyle 1231
DJ Q-Bert: Wave Twisters
RJD2: All Albums
Stones Throw Rec./ Peanut Butter Wolf: Jukebox 45's
DJ Krush: Jaku,Ryu-Ga

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
in flames (colony, soundtrack to your escape) :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

tool (lateralus) - i listened to it last night for the first time in almost 3 months...it's still one of the best records ever.

nin (with teeth) - seeing as i'm having trouble with my own teeth\gums right now, this cd has given me a mental mind fuck. i like the music, and the beats...but, trent....you gotta stop being so negative about everything.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Autolux - Future Perfect (so amazing... actually it's playing while I type this)
The Arm - s/t
This Microwave World - Red States (Mostly just for "The Hours" :D)
Yatsura - Pulpo/We are...
Malkmus... still, and Pavement as well

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
roker said:
I've been shuffling my Interpol (both albums, live tracks, and b-sides) and Kent albums (both English releases)

and I've been playing Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister, I'm not sure if I really like the song that much, I think seeing Will Ferrell play the cowbell has lodged the song in my head now

|
|
V

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
I listen to mainly hawaiian music, some reggae, and r+b.

R&B:
Boyz II Men, 112, Babyface, Sade, Jodeci, Brian McKnight

Hawaiian/Reggae:
(I'd be surprised if anyone knew these)
The Sunday Manoa, Hapa, Keali`i Reichel, Ka'au Crater Boys, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Sean Naauao

The new Jack Johnson has been in heavy rotation since it was released too.
B0007GAEVW.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Sizzla,
Akira the don,
Narstie,
Bruza,
Bashy
G-Unit (Beg for mercy)
Gorrilaz,
N.W.A
E-Z-E

But most of all, Kanye West: The Freshmen Adjustment
Fuckin awwwwesome, Ace tracks on it-
Yeah (Self Conscious)
Wack Niggaz {Whit Talib}
Out of yo mind
Livin' in a movie
Drop dead Gorgeous
Wow {Whit GLC}
Hey Mama

Keep the receipt {Whit ODB}
Thru Tha Wire Freestyle
(Albums very very worth checkin)

Bold = Superace tracks

Rubber Johnny

Banned
haaahahahahahahah i cant stop laughing at 50 Cent. ahahHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway,
I took a 4 1/2 hour drive the other day and I had a chance to really listen to Get Behind Me Satan and I really like Blue Orchid and the beginning half of the cd. About half way through my eyes glaze over and everything just becomes background music as none of it really stands out. I'd have to say I like their first few albums much more but what can you do about musical atrophy, it happens whether or not you want it to.

Anyway, new stuff in the playlist this week so far:
DJ Food - Kaleidoscope, Jazz Breaks vol. 4 & 5, A Recipe for Disaster.

The new Thievery Corporation album, it's on my mp3 player as I ganked it from my friends comp while I was visiting. IMO they sound like the new Groove Armada, kinda. I kept getting mental flashbacks of Vertigo while listening to this album.

Ninja Tune Urban Renewal Program. This is pretty sweet. Starts off Prefuse 73, ends on Themselves. What more could you want?

Lemon Jelly - self titled, lost horizons, '64 - '95. If you don't know about Lemon Jelly go get some. NOW.

edit: Batmat Begins OST as of a minute ago.

Last edited: