What are you listening to at the moment?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Some old Eric Kloss albums. I remember how long it took me till I realized his condition and how little it mattered afterwards. An overlooked jam for sure.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Sonic Youth fucking rock! Here are a couple of my favorites from them. If you haven't seen them live, fucking do it.

Been listening to some John Frusciante solo stuff lately.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Been playing the Scott Pilgrim movie soundtrack, great selection of tracks and talent. Highlights for me are Black Sheep by Metric and Sleazy Bed Track by the Bluetones

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
nice. i love those albums. frusciante was the king of his own genre and added a lot to the red hot chilli peppers. i wish he goes back to his roots one day.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
nice. i love those albums. frusciante was the king of his own genre and added a lot to the red hot chilli peppers. i wish he goes back to his roots one day.

I wish he would too. His electronic stuff is not so great IMO.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese dream

Haven't listened to this in years, found the cd in a box when I was doing spring cleaning. I get weird teenage flashbacks from making out with my girlfriend to this album.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member

Haven't listened to this in years, found the cd in a box when I was doing spring cleaning. I get weird teenage flashbacks from making out with my girlfriend to this album.

Nice! Smashing Pumpkins are pretty awesome. I heard they're getting back together for a reunion tour. I wouldn't mind seeing them, but not for what it would probably cost. The first concert I ever went to was to see them for the Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness tour. It was the weekend before my first year in high school. Met my first girlfriend the following week (who also was at the same concert), so that album (Mellon Collie) has the same effect on me.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

Hummer is the highlight for me on this album

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I can't get enough of this version. I feel the emotional attachment is stronger than the Sinead O Connor version. Not sure if thats because hes no longer with us or if its just Prince being Prince

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nice! Smashing Pumpkins are pretty awesome. I heard they're getting back together for a reunion tour. I wouldn't mind seeing them, but not for what it would probably cost. The first concert I ever went to was to see them for the Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness tour. It was the weekend before my first year in high school. Met my first girlfriend the following week (who also was at the same concert), so that album (Mellon Collie) has the same effect on me.

His apperance on the Joe Rogan Experience is pretty cool to watch, you see alot of how his distaste for the record industry changed his whole outlook on the band.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
His apperance on the Joe Rogan Experience is pretty cool to watch, you see alot of how his distaste for the record industry changed his whole outlook on the band.

I haven't seen that but will check it out. I find musician interviews and documentaries pretty fascinating. Honestly, sometimes if I'm not that big of a fan of the person/artist/band.

I can't get enough of this version. I feel the emotional attachment is stronger than the Sinead O Connor version. Not sure if thats because hes no longer with us or if its just Prince being Prince

Literally was watching this video over the weekend. IMO, way better version of the song (not that her's is bad). I agree that his emotional attachment really adds to the song. He did write the song, so it makes sense. I wonder if it would have been an even bigger hit if he released it as a single instead of Sinead?