Favourite Fatal Fury game??

Faveourite Fatal Fury

• Total voters

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
SouthtownKid said:
How can you say that? MotW has no line changing at all, has running instead of dashing, has combo-friendly generic qcfx2 DMs instead of real FF-style DMs, and it has more KOF-style comboing than FF3-RB2-style combination arts. It's a totally different feel. You can like it better (most people do), but that doesn't make it more Fatal Fury.

RB2 feels different than FF2 for example, but it changed gradually from game to game. RB2 built from RBS, which built from RBFF, which built from FF3, etc. Take any two consecutive games in the series and you can see how they got one from the previous one. But how the hell do you go from RB2 to MotW? There's no progression; it's just a different game.

RB's have a 3 button layout for attacks and 1 button for background movement. this was never the case with the older fatal furys. RB's have a chain combo system, this wasnt in the older original fatal furys, just introduced in FF3 and perfected in the RB's. as you can remember FF2, FFS and FF3 have a system far more similar to MOTW than any of the RB's. only difference between the older FF's and MOTW is that they took out background movement and replaced it with just defend. simplefied super movements and superbar more similar to SF Zero, without unlimited supers in red energy. they could have made this game a perfect 10 if they added a few more charas fomr the older FF's like yamazaki and a few others.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Dallas_Five said:
I have the most fun with RB2 (mostly due to me sucking at FFS), but FFS has my favorite character roster.

The more i think of it, FFS might have my favorite roster of any fighting game ever.
Hmmm... The roster of FFS isn't all that special (no pun intended)... RB2 got all of the FFS characters, apart from Jubei, Bear and Axel... And Axel sucks. Oh yeah, there's Ryo too...

I still wish they'd make a RB3, taking RB2 as a base an adding Jubei, Bear (or Raiden), Hwa Jai and Richard Meyer... And more if they wish, like Tsugumi or new characters...

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
any new FF game would be welcome, weve seen enough SS's and KOF's. RB3 sounds like a dream come true, but can snk (playmore) handle it? MOTW2 also sounds too good to be true, sounds like a game ive been waiting for, for the last 6 years.

on a brighter note at least MOTW sprites are godlike allready, so playmore couldnt really fuck that up. ad a few new charas and some old returning(yamazaki)ones, with larger sprites in high res with high res 2d bachgrounds(beatifull ones with great scenery to waTCH) with some new moves per chara. gameplay dousnt need a lot of tweaking, just some new moves and charas AND story would be great.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
I actually like RB2 sprites better than MotW ones... MotW sprites are just too tiny (and thin), and I like the "bulky" look of the RB2 sprites.
As for animation, sure it's great in MotW, but the new RB2 characters Xiang-Fei and Rick got an impressive animation quality too...

neo>all

Super nO0b
Real Bout. I thought the out of bounds was a nice little feature but it could get annoying at times and i liked geeses stage. The one that wraps around continuously so you can't corner the opponent. The AI however was a little weak and followed obviouse exploitable patterns even set on the hardest difficulty. Still probably my fav.

ShyningFade

Crossed Swords Squire
Fatal Fury Special for me. I remember playing Fatal Fury 1 and 2 on the Genesis when I was a kid, and when Fatal Fury Special came out, I was blown away. I didn't think it was all that different at first, but then I found myself playing and playing, and just couldn't put the damn controller down. I think I regard that as the best Fatal Fury for sentimental value alone.

RBFF2 is probably tied with FF3 for having the best gameplay in the series. I played RBFF2 on the Saturn, and FF3 on a PC port lol. I can't wait to fill up my collection with gems like these. If I can find/afford them if another story.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The original. It's the only one I own. :p

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Fatal fury 3 has the best intro, storyline was great, each person says something diff to each other and the ending music was wicked, well the neo CD version

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Real Bout 2 came after Real Bout Special, didn't it?
Given that Mark of the Wolves isn't on the list, I would say the first Fatal Fury. I like the echo'ed sound effects. It has an early 90's arcade atmosphere that later games in the series lacked.
My favorite after the first is Fatal Fury 3, because I like the backgrounds (on an RGB PVM).

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Ha, didn't spot this as a necro thread, lol.

Anyway, voted RBS. I love RB2, I've got a thing for Alfred... In fact, RBS: Dominated Mind is probably my favourite FF game, just a shame it was PSX only.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'd have voted FFS, where I could finally play Duck King and enjoy Julietta's mimicry of my fave mohawk-haircut Gonzo ;).