Favourite Fatal Fury game??

Faveourite Fatal Fury

• Total voters

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Is that your new contribution to a 13 years old thread?

Ok, here's some moar then...

The first Fatal Fury was one of the two games I got with my AES back when FF was brand new (KotM being the other). Never bought any more games back then as they were rather spendy and not easy to come across unless you mail ordered em. So i played the ever loving shit out of those two games as I had no other options. And when FF was brand new it was easily the best console fighting game as no other home console matched the Neo's power at that moment. So, I rather enjoyed that copy of Fatal Fury.

In current day, I do have every FF game (including MotW). But having picked up these games over 20 years after originally owning only the first one at launch I have been unable to enjoy any of the others in the series as much as the first. Because my memories of enjoying the fuck out of the original from back in the day far overpower the attempt at enjoying the rest of the series.

davlar

n00b
Real Bout FF Special.

Second choice is Fatal Fury 3, the three-plane format is funcky.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Real Bout 2 by a mile...mainly because Rick Strowd is awesome.

Rick and Zantetsu from Last Blade are the 2 best characters in any SNK fighting game - they both just play like total butta. Zantetsu feels a little off in LB2, but in the first game he plays like a dream.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
RBFF for me, I spent so much time playing this game and finally beating the cheating ass CPU feels so good. I also love the ringouts.

Anyone who says MoTW is the best Fatal Fury, doesn't understand Fatal Fury.

Last edited:

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Fatal Fury Special, the game spanks me every time and I keep coming back for more. It's fun ploughing through the game as Ryo and taking in the legendary stages and music etc.

Runners up:
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (Fluidity)
Real Bout Fatal Fury (Mid 90's SNK darkness and the ringouts)

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
never been able to pick a favourite when it came to the fatal fury series because it's my favourite series.

i love fatal fury special but real bout 1 is probably my favourite neo game of all time. but then real bout 2 is the fatal fury i play the most.

J-P

NEST Puppet
These threads are always interesting... (even though there was already one old poll) I remember back in the day favouring FFS from the older ones and RBS (out of the Real Bouts games). I personally prefer the Real Bout games over the older titles now; and they are each different enough. RB2 always seemed a little sparse in content missing any extra bells and whistles. No pre-match animations, nothing. Just right into the action. I did like the ring-outs in RB and the background changes per round. I really liked the re-worked sprites in RBS and the general smoothness in action. Not enough seemed to have been updated in RB2; but I really should play it some more as I know a few people who really rate the game.