Favourite Fatal Fury game??

Faveourite Fatal Fury

• Total voters

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
What's everyones favourite in the series? I'm not including MOTW in the options as it's not a 'true' Fatal Fury game in many peoples opinion.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I am partial to RB2 myself. I was never really big on the break-away stage sides or 3 lines on which to fight, plus I like playing Rick from time to time.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Superfamifreak said:
What's everyones favourite in the series? I'm not including MOTW in the options as it's not a 'true' Fatal Fury game in many peoples opinion.
Preach on, brother. Can I get a damn witness! FFS for me, followed closely by RB2, FF3 and RBFF all in a clump. MotW-this and MotW-that. Fuck a MotW. It's a fine game, but it's its own thing. It's like trying to count...eh, fuck it, I'm too tired to think of a good example. I definitely like MotW more than I used to, but it definitely doesn't feel like Fatal Fury at all.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
1:MOTW
2:RB2
3:RBS
4:RB
5:FFS
6:FF3
7:FF2
8:FF

thats my list, RB and RBS change places from time to time, same goes for FFS and FF3. sometimes i just enjoy the one over the other. cmon man, MOTW is a more true FF than any of the RB's. i enjoy RB2 and MOTW equally but find MOTW better, more polished and more complete. and its only got about the half of RB2 charas. they should have included more features from the previous RB's into RB2. maybe than it would have been better than MOTW, not graphicly ofcourse.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
RBS should be placed before RB2 in the poll, to follow the release order... Anyway, voted RB2.

I don't think MotW belongs here, unlike some people. SNKP seems to agree with me, just look at the NBC official site... MotW is listed as a different series from all other FF games.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I always liked Real Bout Fatal Fury the best. The backgrounds are amazing (although too few), the ring outs are cool, the ability to throw your oppenent into the screen.

Also it has my favorite incarnation of chon rei. He's bass ass in this game.

2nd Favorite is RB2. I always found RBS to be a little bit slow when playing 2 players compared to RB1 and 2.

Robert

20 Year Member
I still can't decide between FFS, RBS and RB2.

MOTW would have my choise easier but since it's not in the poll list, I'm still undecided.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've always had a weakness for Fatal Fury 2. I liked it more than Special.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Fatal Fury 3 is my favorite of the bunch on the poll.

Wild Ambition was the first thing to come to mind when I saw the title.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Fatal Fury 3 has more SNK love poured into it than almost any other game, and even though the fighting system was refined in Real Bout, I still prefer 3.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
cmon man, MOTW is a more true FF than any of the RB's..
How can you say that? MotW has no line changing at all, has running instead of dashing, has combo-friendly generic qcfx2 DMs instead of real FF-style DMs, and it has more KOF-style comboing than FF3-RB2-style combination arts. It's a totally different feel. You can like it better (most people do), but that doesn't make it more Fatal Fury.

RB2 feels different than FF2 for example, but it changed gradually from game to game. RB2 built from RBS, which built from RBFF, which built from FF3, etc. Take any two consecutive games in the series and you can see how they got one from the previous one. But how the hell do you go from RB2 to MotW? There's no progression; it's just a different game.

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
I voted for (RBFFS) for a character roster and for overall well balance in terms of graphics, moves, music, stages and backgrounds. :drool: But I really love (RBFF) ending music its much nicer. ;)

I

~Itsumi Chan~

Lets see...
Yep it's gotta be that good'ol "Fatal Fury 3" for me. it had it's best festures, and the entire gameplaying is just amazing.
:kekeke:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I really do love MOTW, but FFS is the best FF game there is.... I will say that FF3 has one HELL of a kick ass intro. I think they're all great (well, the first one blows nowadays), but FFS is just too sweet.

I do agree that MOTW isn't really a true FF game. Running, new fighting system with moves and the TOP, and the fact that there's no line switching at all. Great game, but not really a FF game.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Well I've never played RB2 or RBS but my favourate of the series is definately Fatal Fury Special. The whole thing just reeks of quality..plus it's not got the combo happy madness of the later games.

I've tried in vain to make myself like Garou and although the animation and music are superb, I have real issues with the way it plays, and combos. I guess it's just too different from the Capcom standard I was raised on. I may have been poisoned by the fact that I was playing the DC version, but unless the Neo Geo version handles substantially differently I'll never come round.

Last edited:

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
How can you say that? MotW has no line changing at all, has running instead of dashing, has combo-friendly generic qcfx2 DMs instead of real FF-style DMs, and it has more KOF-style comboing than FF3-RB2-style combination arts. It's a totally different feel. You can like it better (most people do), but that doesn't make it more Fatal Fury.

Which is why I didn't include it in the poll.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Superfamifreak said:
Which is why I didn't include it in the poll.

Good call on leaving it out of this poll. I'm sure the only reason MOTW was connected to Fatal Fury was to be a marketing move. Keep a new game connected to an old popular series.

I voted FFS.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I have the most fun with RB2 (mostly due to me sucking at FFS), but FFS has my favorite character roster.

The more i think of it, FFS might have my favorite roster of any fighting game ever.