famitsu 2 page spread on "samurai spirits tenka ichi"

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i have on crappy pic i took of andrew (the new character) too which i will be happy to post if someone wants to host it (650kb or so). i tried to take more but cant figure out how to get my gf's camera working properly, sorry.

well the spread has about 20 screenshots or so. most of them show andrew, yoshitora and wan fu. hao, tamtam, enja, charlotte, nak and hanzo also make appearances.

the button layout is listed as follows:

a=light slash
b=med slash
c=heavy slash
d=kick
e=special movement

a+b=various systems use (overhead??)
b+c=throw
a+d=item use

backgrounds shown are as follows:
1. in front of some kind of traditional japanese gazebo thing with a couple of geisha and official looking guys sitting inside it looking towards the fight. looks a little boring.

2. in some sort of aztec village with mountains and a balloon or two in the air in front of the mountains (hot air ones). there are lots of aztec/inca looking gyys cheering the fight on.. looks ok. tam tam is from south america right?

3. a darkstalkeresque fantastical european looking city with a mass of warped medieval buildings a couple of hundred metres back with the fight seemingly taking place in the middle of a huge stone paved area presumably in the middle of the city. the city has a purplish glow and it really looks like something out of ds. seems ok but not very ss.

4. similar to the lb shoreline with boats in the sea behind type bg. there is a muscly guy sitting on the shore watching in the bg, looks ok though there is only one screen and its a little small.

other stuff:

-effects are atomiswaved ala cvs2 (transparencies and the like).
-as rbjake i think it was mentioned there are now portraits at the end of the life bars now.
-looks a bit bright and flashy for an ss game imo.
-andrew seems a bit lacking in cool factor....

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Thanks for the report.

That Aztec background definitely sounds like it's Tam Tam's... And that might even be the occasion for Cham Cham to come back, since characters will most likely be sharing backgrounds.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:

sounds like their looking for Soul Calibur crossover success...

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Too blurry but thanks for the update anyways. It looks like a regular Sam Sho game...but I love it anyways.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Aw man...i was really jones'n to see some new SS pix...of the non-blurry type. :rolleyes:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Try turning on macro mode on the camera when you take a pic, that should help cut down on the blurry-ness :)

Thanks for the pic - if you need any more help hosting them, feel free to send em over to kazuya AT neogeoforlife DOT com :buttrock:

Kaz

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
just had a look at the post again: when you say the Tam Tam and co. also make an appearance - you mean as fighters in the game?

also in the picture you posted there appears to be a chick in the backround - does she follow Andrew around? his weapon looks very interesting.

beelzebubble said:
i have on crappy pic i took of andrew (the new character) too which i will be happy to post if someone wants to host it (650kb or so). i tried to take more but cant figure out how to get my gf's camera working properly, sorry.

well the spread has about 20 screenshots or so. most of them show andrew, yoshitora and wan fu. hao, tamtam, enja, charlotte, nak and hanzo also make appearances.

the button layout is listed as follows:

a=light slash
b=med slash
c=heavy slash
d=kick
e=special movement

a+b=various systems use (overhead??)
b+c=throw
a+d=item use

backgrounds shown are as follows:
1. in front of some kind of traditional japanese gazebo thing with a couple of geisha and official looking guys sitting inside it looking towards the fight. looks a little boring.

2. in some sort of aztec village with mountains and a balloon or two in the air in front of the mountains (hot air ones). there are lots of aztec/inca looking gyys cheering the fight on.. looks ok. tam tam is from south america right?

3. a darkstalkeresque fantastical european looking city with a mass of warped medieval buildings a couple of hundred metres back with the fight seemingly taking place in the middle of a huge stone paved area presumably in the middle of the city. the city has a purplish glow and it really looks like something out of ds. seems ok but not very ss.

4. similar to the lb shoreline with boats in the sea behind type bg. there is a muscly guy sitting on the shore watching in the bg, looks ok though there is only one screen and its a little small.

other stuff:

-effects are atomiswaved ala cvs2 (transparencies and the like).
-as rbjake i think it was mentioned there are now portraits at the end of the life bars now.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yeah, all the SS0 characters (with the exception of Yumeji and Gaoh at the moment) are returning to the game.

Nice shot, but it's so blurry Andrew sorta looks like Elena except with a rifle and not as flexible.

twodeepuzzler

Geese's Thug
Looks pretty good so far. Hopefully, they'll put everything they need to in this game, aka fatalities, instead of coming out with a pseudo-sequel later on, a la SS0S. I'm still optimistic, though.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
neo_X7 said:

Cool! I know that I am going to save up for an
Atomiswave with either MS6 or SSTI and I bet
they will be freaking expensive! though. :eek: :kekeke:

I hope that Samurai Spirits Tenka Ichi will have
the blood, fatalities and more fighters to choose
from including the bosses too. :cool: :kekeke:

The samurai with a whole bunch of swords is
my favorite fighter because it is easy to pull off
his fighting moves & his special moves which I
can use him a lot better than most of the other
fighters & he is a really cool! character as well. :cool: :kekeke:

I play as him in Samurai Shodown V. :) :cool:

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Man those shots are totally neo style.. Damn I take back all the shit I said about this game, that new char is a great addition, way to go playmore!

Those wan fu shots are like SSII reborn, nice change of direction.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Man those shots are totally neo style.. Damn I take back all the shit I said about this game, that new char is a great addition, way to go playmore!

Oh oh ! Feels good to see you say positive stuff about this game.

H

hermegildo

Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:

Sarcasm?