Samurai Spirits 64 - High Res Videos

Mantis2K

n00b
Nice

Cheers for the new vids! Now I know why this atmospheric game had so much impact on me...

HANZO said:
----------------------------------------------------------
HANZO videos are OFFLINE. PM or reply here if you wish for me to put them back online. I need to conserve bandwidth and can't seed all the videos on my own!
------------------------------------------------------------
I'll atleast be seeding all your vids, so you only need host your latest ones...

HANZO said:
GENJURO KIBAGAMI

untitled5wz.gif

SLASH
\\\\ONLINE////
torrent links
Combo Finisher
Slash/Bust Finisher
Third time lucky! :D

Never realised you could go through the walls, revealing an extended backdrop... :eek:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
I downloaded all videos and will be seeding them for about 1 week :)

HANZO

Haha, I'm glad you guys like my skills ;)

I just completed the Haohmaru videos, ENJOY!!!

I did not do any bust ones because he has the same finisher and has pretty much the same moves as slash. :emb:

Mantis2K

n00b
HANZO said:
HAOHMARU
haohmaruslash5rg.gif

SLASH
\\\\ONLINE////
torrent links
Combo Finisher
I don't remember seeing that background before! I vaguely remembered the rope bridge and boss' arena with the chanting music. It's good you're mainly recording whole matches now, as the backgrounds seem to change 2nd round.

Nice combo finisher + ring out! :eek:

HANZO said:
Wow, that was a complete surprise seeing you fight the mid-boss! I remembered the little warp bit at the start... I used to always die on this boss, but I was young with no money, and played it on my first year of discovering the arcade scene in 1997, so I was pretty crap.

I see you only connected the finisher on it's 3rd slash, which is interesting, as I thought you had to be closer. Maybe you could feature a couple of your future video releases against the 2 forms (?) of the last boss!

THANKS BOSS! :D

HANZO

Haha, yea I loved that ring out too. :tickled: I think the funniest ring outs is with the girl "Shiki." It's hilarious to see her scream as she falls to her doom. :eek_2:

And yes I will make a vid with the final bosses after I complete the rest of the characters. :)

Up next is..... Y a g y u H a n m a. :buttrock:

Last edited:

Mantis2K

n00b
Questions for HANZO

I have a few questions/requests for HANZO, if you would please be kind enough to answer them...

1) In your Slash Genjuro video, I noticed your opponent did a launcher, followed by a 2-hit juggle. Firstly, are these air combos guaranteed? Secondly, can any characters perform longer air combos greater than 2 hits; what's the most hits you've seen?

You will fight Dekuina, a girl tattoed like Shiki, wearing
bandages over her eyes, with grey-blue skin and carrying two swords.
One of her specials has her swords growing to at least half screen length.
2) This boss sounds like she's different to Shiki; any chance of including Dekuina as an opponent in one of your future videos? I would be interested in seeing what moves she can do... It wouldn't be too difficult to record, as the CPU often executes various special moves, and even desperation moves.

There is also a counterpart for Dekuina, only known as "Osu" in Japan.
Not sure, but apparently if you are undefeated when reaching Dekuina
stage, you will fight him instead. Dressed like Dekuina, He carries
one sword and apparently has moves like Hoahmaru.
3) Is this boss considerably different to Hoahmaru, with different moves at all?

You must defeat Dekuina and Yuta in the same bout.
You must win three rounds, while they only have to beat you
twice. If you get past Dekuina, but get defeated by Yuta,
you must fight Dekuina again.
4) In that case, perhaps you are already planning to include Dekuina in your future boss video?

The Referee is back! Perfect Kazama for one round. Not confirmed.
Visually confirmed though, and apparently he will referee the fourth round
in two player mode. Oh, and he is controllable -Confirmed, but only
in versus mode.
5) Who is this guy?? Does he have his own finisher? If so, I think it would be worth recording him, even in Verses Mode...

Cheers! :)

Last edited:

Mantis2K

n00b
I forgot 3 questions...

6) I noticed that before you perform a finisher, you always activate the Rage Gauge; is this really necessary to pull it off? If not then why do you always activate this?

-Press ABC, where you will activate combo ability. Continue to press
ABCD to hack your opponent to pieces. There's obviously a pattern
to follow per character, but I do not have these yet.
7) I think I spotted this in your Genjuro Bust video... is there any pattern to this? What can you tell us about it, ie. the maximum number of hits? It looks different to the standard CD combos.

8) When you fought Gandara in the Haomaru vid, his Eye guage became purple, but I don't think he performed the desperation move; can you please describe what it's like?

Last edited:

HANZO

Mantis2K said:
I have a few questions/requests for HANZO, if you would please be kind enough to answer them...

1) In your Slash Genjuro video, I noticed your opponent did a launcher, followed by a 2-hit juggle. Firstly, are these air combos guaranteed? Secondly, can any characters perform longer air combos greater than 2 hits; what's the most hits you've seen?

Yes they are guaranteed, every character can pull it off if timed correctly. The water character "Sogetsu" is nothing but about air combos and I think he's the only one that goes up to 5 hits and I think if timed correctly he can then finish you off with his slash finisher.

Mantis2K said:
2) This boss sounds like she's different to Shiki; any chance of including Dekuina as an opponent in one of your future videos? I would be interested in seeing what moves she can do... It wouldn't be too difficult to record, as the CPU often executes various special moves, and even desperation moves.

Like I said before, I'll record all three bosses including the final one that apears to transform from a man to a woman. in SS: Warriors Rage :spock:

Mantis2K said:
3) Is this boss considerably different to Hoahmaru, with different moves at all?

All of them have their own moves, because of their special weapons they were granted with some moves similar like the other game characters.

Mantis2K said:
4) In that case, perhaps you are already planning to include Dekuina in your future boss video?

Yes I am. :drool:

Mantis2K said:
5) Who is this guy?? Does he have his own finisher? If so, I think it would be worth recording him, even in Verses Mode...
Cheers! :)

He is the referee that apears in the demo if you let the game run for over a minute without incerting a coin. He apears to be telling you about the CD combo system along with how to block attacks, how to get off from a ledge, and how to perform the one shot finisher. There is a code to get him for versus mode but like I said, unless you want me to be fighting a dummy (I dont have any real human opponents over here) then I wont record him. I'm not so sure how to get him in single player, so far I haven't seen him apear at all.

Mantis2K said:
6) I noticed that before you perform a finisher, you always activate the Rage Gauge; is this really necessary to pull it off? If not then why do you always activate this?

-Press ABC, where you will activate combo ability. Continue to press
ABCD to hack your opponent to pieces. There's obviously a pattern
to follow per character, but I do not have these yet.

The rage gauge is used for the CD combo system. It can be activated at anytime but should be done when you are nearest to the opponent because after triggered it automatically attacks to start the combo. If activated in the red zone it wont give you enough time to do the 11 hit combo. And what you quoted is not entirely correct, you're supposed to hit C+D to activate the CD combo and only A+B+C to activate the "MAX Gauge" which basically means that now is the time to preform your Slash or Bust finishers, it gives you time to preform the finishers so if you miss the first two times, the third has to be a hit or else you fail. And once actived for either the MAX Gauge or the CD combo gauge, you press a combination of AAAAA, BBBBB or vise versa, the last buttom you press is the finisher. So A and B attacks have their own finishers. You MUST time it so that the finisher actually finishes your opponent off, look at all my finishers and see how much the opponent has life left before I finish them off. There are also RARE occations when you can preform it at full RED health! Look at my HANZO combo finisher and watch their health bar when I activate the CD combo. These CD combos can be parried in between the "patterns" so watch out!

Mantis2K said:
7) I think I spotted this in your Genjuro Bust video... is there any pattern to this? What can you tell us about it, ie. the maximum number of hits? It looks different to the standard CD combos.

Yes the pattern is either AAAAA, BBBBB or BBBBB, AAAAA (though I dont think it works if you mix and mach them because A attacks faster than B and if you do ABABA the sequence is off.) The maximum number of hits always reads at 11 but for somereason it always looks like the characters preform more, I think the first five hits don't count in the meter for some reason. :conf: And it's the same as the CD combo system, if you look at the rage gauge meter while I activate the ABC "MAX Gauge" it depletes down to half way so I think what happens is that it's not called the "Ultimate Combo" at all, instead it's your "MAX Gauge" that you see up on top because that is the only time you can preform your Slash or Bust finishers. And it gives you a couple of chances to do them in case you miss i.e. look at my Slash Finisher for Genjuro. :rolleyes:

Mantis2K said:
8) When you fought Gandara in the Haomaru vid, his Eye guage became purple, but I don't think he performed the desperation move; can you please describe what it's like?

Honestly I saw him preform "something" but it didn't look desperate to me lol ;) What happened was he started this slow as hell "combo" where he swings his arms like a crazy ape and then jumps on his ass and bounces up towards you and lands on his stomach twice for two hits. But that's about the only thing I ever saw him do during his MAX. Everything else is either a rock throw, a mighty punch, a face plant, or a mighty crazy ape swing. :eek:

If you have anymore questions, take a look at these two FAQS for the game. In them it explains allot of the things I mentioned in a little more detail.

Last edited:

Mantis2K

n00b
Cheers for answering my questions!

HANZO said:
The water character "Sogetsu" is nothing but about air combos and I think he's the only one that goes up to 5 hits and I think if timed correctly he can then finish you off with his slash finisher.
Wow, maybe that's something you should practise for when you record his video! When executing this particular air combo, followed by the desperation move, would you have time to activate the Rage guage / Max guage?

HANZO said:
Like I said before, I'll record all three bosses including the final one that apears to transform from a man to a woman. in SS: Warriors Rage
Thanks!

HANZO said:
There is a code to get him for versus mode but like I said, unless you want me to be fighting a dummy (I dont have any real human opponents over here) then I wont record him.
It would be worth recording him in short dummy videos, just to see his set of finishers, no?

HANZO said:
The rage gauge is used for the CD combo system. It can be activated at anytime but should be done when you are nearest to the opponent because after triggered it automatically attacks to start the combo. If activated in the red zone it wont give you enough time to do the 11 hit combo.
According to one of the FAQs, this is the Stamina guage (bottom of the screen); starts off yellow and depletes to red during a CD combo. I was referring to the purple guage at the top of the screen (AKA Max Power guage). I spotted your CD combos because of the white circle seen during the first hit.

HANZO said:
And what you quoted is not entirely correct, you're supposed to hit C+D to activate the CD combo and only A+B+C to activate the "MAX Gauge" which basically means that now is the time to preform your Slash or Bust finishers
In your Bust Genjuro video, you had activated the Max Guage, and was performing a combo/string whilst your opponent was blocking. I did not see any white circle to indicate that you had used a CD combo.

HANZO said:
And once actived for either the MAX Gauge or the CD combo gauge, you press a combination of AAAAA, BBBBB or vise versa, the last buttom you press is the finisher. So A and B attacks have their own finishers.
Apparently, these are the exact commands for the CD combos, which accounts for all 11 hits:
AAAA(pause), AAAA(pause), AAA.
----or----
AAAA(pause), AAAA(pause), BBB.
----or----
AAAA(pause), BBBB(pause), AAA.
----or----
AAAA(pause), BBBB(pause), BBB.
----or----
BBBB(pause), AAAA(pause), AAA.
----or----
BBBB(pause), AAAA(pause), BBB.
----or----
BBBB(pause), BBBB(pause), AAA.
----or----
BBBB(pause), BBBB(pause), BBB.

If I've understood correctly, there is 2 different combo finishers, depending on whether you finish the combo with button A or B. Indeed, I noticed 2 different finishers in your Hanzo video - a neck grab (during the round), and also a slow mid strike (end of the round).

HANZO said:
You MUST time it so that the finisher actually finishes your opponent off, look at all my finishers and see how much the opponent has life left before I finish them off.
Now this bit is REALLY confusing! When you say "time", do you mean either:
1) Pausing before the last hit, so that it successfully connects.
or
2) Starting the combo when your opponent has a certain amount of energy left - enough so that the full combo will drain that same amount of energy, and the last hit will be fatal.

Here's a question for you... If you finish off the opponent with a full 11-hit CD combo, will the last hit be different to that of the same combo being performed during the middle of a round, and is this what you are demonstrating in your Combo Finisher videos?

HANZO said:
There are also RARE occations when you can preform it at full RED health! Look at my HANZO combo finisher and watch their health bar when I activate the CD combo.
Yes, I saw that this combo inflicted major damage, and you finished the round in no time at all! Under what circumstances are such powerful CD combos carried out?

HANZO said:
instead it's your "MAX Gauge" that you see up on top because that is the only time you can preform your Slash or Bust finishers. And it gives you a couple of chances to do them in case you miss i.e. look at my Slash Finisher for Genjuro.
Yep, I saw in your Slash Genjuro video that you were third time lucky! However, I think I've found the answer to my question about whether you need to activate the Max Guage before performing a deperation move finisher. When your Max Guage is on fire, it seems that you can perform a beginner's version of the finisher by simply pressing B+C+D, without having to activate the guage (A+B+C) first; is that correct? If so, I assume you only get one chance...

HANZO said:
What happened was he started this slow as hell "combo" where he swings his arms like a crazy ape and then jumps on his ass and bounces up towards you and lands on his stomach twice for two hits.
I've seen that one in a Warrior's Rage vid!

HANZO said:
But that's about the only thing I ever saw him do during his MAX.
Why would Gandara have a Max guage without a desperation move? Have you witnessed any other bosses, with purple Eye guages, perform desperation moves?

HANZO said:
If you have anymore questions, take a look at these two FAQS for the game. In them it explains allot of the things I mentioned in a little more detail.
Those are the 2 FAQS I originally quoted from, but they don't explain the system in enough detail, and seem inaccurate.

Keep up the good work with your video releases; I'm impressed at the amount of content! :buttrock:

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
HANZO said:
He is the referee that apears in the demo if you let the game run for over a minute without incerting a coin. He apears to be telling you about the CD combo system along with how to block attacks, how to get off from a ledge, and how to perform the one shot finisher. There is a code to get him for versus mode but like I said, unless you want me to be fighting a dummy (I dont have any real human opponents over here) then I wont record him. I'm not so sure how to get him in single player, so far I haven't seen him apear at all.

Hmmm does he only have that light blue color for a costume? I thought I saw screenshots where his suit was black? If you ever get clips of him/gandara/deku/dekuina would it be ok if you did them in High-res?

Thanks in advance.

HANZO

BUSY MAN!

The referee is dressed in all black, not sure how he looks once selected in vs mod though.

I've taken all the videos off line for the time being. It looked like everyone got chance to download them. Anyone else who wishes to have any of them back, reply here.

I will be extremly busy within the next few weeks so I wont be able to post more videos anytime soon, but I will post the requested ones sometime later. I know during the summer I'll have allot more time but for now I hope the videos I've done will keep your eye candy taste bud satisfied.
:drool:

ArghRock

n00b
Req. to upload videos

Hey Hanzo,

Cool videos. I was able to dl the hanzo vids but missed out on the others can you seed them again for a little while. I'd leave the pc on but it's kinda loud so I'll wait for your reply.

ArghRock

n00b
Thanks Man,

Got the videos.. It's super cool that you raced in the Dakar Rally, but if you didn't that cracks me up..

Thanks for makin the vids and uploadin for people.