Old Member's Check-In Thread.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
wasabi said:
yeah, I do too. I thought of him when I found the old ratty copy of Crysalis he sold me. Man was I pissed at him for that. It was ugly as sin. But as usualy I decided not to bitch about it until it was too late, aka today.

I propose we re-institute the "Shave The Love" box idea Clint had.

Team up with someone randomly and then send them a box of misc. goodies from your collection/region o' the world.

I traded with Clint and Briggs (who, now, I'm super tight with). It's cool. You get a box of surpise from a - more or less - Stranger.

Anyone interested? The rules are simple. PM me that you're interested and I'll pair you up with someone. You two swap info and send packages.

Figure. $30-$40, more if you like. And since it's really an honor-system thing - Try not to give out any old crap. Clint sent me a bunch of cool toys and a batch of cookies from his mom (I sent him some as well, orange. His favorite).

I'm in if anyone else is. I have some video games and board games and shit I'm willing to pass along.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Blaine said:
I say we randomly and capriciously refer to anyone who has a join date lower than us as "N00b".

Regardless of what they say.

And I'm glad my sig is still memorable.

N00b

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
Thought of a couple to add to the list:

17) Samhain Raises Cain Over Supposed Fake "Apple" MS3 rereleases
18) Kyokugen Star Scammage

this was what i wanted to submit for the NEO-GEO tshirt contest.
ywang.jpg

funny.
i don't think they ever made t shirts or anything either.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Blaine said:
here's some old stuff that I have handy-

My first sig-
suckboy.gif

My second sig-
allyourbass.gif

*aaah, tre 2001*

The Blade Runner Sig-
blainerunner.jpg

so what happened to the NEOGEO fan club girl sig.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Part of the reason the shirts never got made was probably that no one listened to me or Nick th Fury when we explained what was and was not artwork that could be silkscreened or even professionally printed.

99.99% of the submissions would have had to have been printed onto t-shirt transfers (like you get at Kinkos or Office Max) and they're just not super quality.

I have no doubt that was a factor.

As for the SNK girl. She's somewhere on a hard drive. I also know she's out there on the Internet. She'll show up in this thread if you wait long enough.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Who was the guy from Spain that everyone detested? I think it was during the militant anti-rom era.

Anyway, I think someone made a comic about him (neobuyer?). If so, does the comic still exist?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
16-bit said:
Who was the guy from Spain that everyone detested? I think it was during the militant anti-rom era.

Anyway, I think someone made a comic about him (neobuyer?). If so, does the comic still exist?

I forget his name, but I recall one of neobuyer's comics had him sucking dicks for tokens.

Needless to say, even thinking about it makes me rip a stitch.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
I remember everyone hated Kanji Freak wit his "I can buy American Hookers for a nickle" line o' Latino Lawyer-ness.

Though he was Mexican, not Spanish.

Eric

Fight On!,
Blaine said:
As for the SNK girl. She's somewhere on a hard drive. I also know she's out there on the Internet. She'll show up in this thread if you wait long enough.

snkgirl.jpg

I also have saved one of the designs you had for the t-shirt contest (Blue Mary one)

I enjoyed the Kyo one you did as well but I can't seem to find that picture anymore.

I swear that one of these days I will use it on a shirt. :D

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
16-bit said:

Yes.

Carlson, I think you're thinking of Immature, one of the angry, pro-romz kids from Spain. He had a few cronies at first too. I made pics of him: Having sex with his flunkies, eating his dad's shit, and sucking dicks for spare change on the outskirts of Madrid, etc. All in good fun, of course! I don't have ANY of those old ones anymore.

The other guy, who may be confused with Immature here, is Kanjifreak- the hyper insecure racist "I'm a whiter-than-sperm Mexican' Mexico City lawyer. I don't remember drawing any pictures of Kanjifreak.

Kanji wasn't so bad, as long as you didn't trash talk on Mexico. RevQuixo made a (funny) comment about Mexico having only one computer in the whole country and Kanji went BALLISTIC.

It was hilarious.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
neobuyer said:
Yes.

Carlson, I think you're thinking of Immature, one of the angry, pro-romz kids from Spain. He had a few cronies at first too. I made pics of him: Having sex with his flunkies, eating his dad's shit, and sucking dicks for spare change on the outskirts of Madrid, etc. All in good fun, of course! I don't have ANY of those old ones anymore.

Yup, that is him.

I think I remember one of your panels had him in front of an arcade: "New Release: Karate Champ" :lol:

They're gone? Damn... Well, Keep up the good work with NJC!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Obviously I came in long after "The Good Old Days" but I can listen to you guys talk about them forever...lets me and a few of the other n00bs what this place was like long ago. Thanks :)

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Arcademan said:
Obviously I came in long after "The Good Old Days" but I can listen to you guys talk about them forever...lets me and a few of the other n00bs what this place was like long ago. Thanks :)

There was a time when at any given point in time you'd have some NeoGeo Freak drama. And was it ever dramalicious.

I remember when the Crystal System was announced and Chris Ray went on an ill-advised tirade with regards to the 'obvious power' of the system since it used pre-rendered sprites. Claiming that you didn't have to have an engineering degree from Purdue to understand it.

All very compellilng if not for the fact it was all incorrect. I felt the need to explain it all in detail about why he was wrong.

Ah... that was a good time.

Stupid to remember it, probably. But that's the thing of it. It was all petty and stupid arguing (more so than what you see now because then, there were basically two factions between ng.com and "The Big Tymers").

All kinds of other good stuff was around.

I was telling my girlfriend the other day about the contests I'd run in Unrelated Topics. Things like "identify the game cover" and I'd have prizes like a new copy of Cosmic Smash -this was right after it came out- (my buddy Daisuke Jigen won. cost him all of $1). I think I gave away a copy of Vib Ribbon once too.

I did a bunch of them, usually for charity, with everyone being too cheap to ever chip in, ha ha.

aria

Former Moderator
Rade Kuruc said:
A lot of the greatest moments on this site are associated with really horrible things. That's why I love it so much.

LOL.

That's because nice events are like chicken soup for the soul: they make you feel okay but they keep you on your own trajectory and moving forward.

Bad events are like double fisted double shots of cheap vodka: the enflame passions, lust and stupidity that can cause instant joy with serious repercussions...

You always remember the vodka stories, not the soup stories.

[Holy shit, I feel like I just wrote bad movie dialogue]

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
LOL.

That's because nice events are like chicken soup for the soul: they make you feel okay but they keep you on your own trajectory and moving forward.

Bad events are like double fisted double shots of cheap vodka: the enflame passions, lust and stupidity that can cause instant joy with serious repercussions...

So true and you're right...it DOES sound like a bad movie dialogue :kekeke:

Still...I wish I found this site a couple years earlier than I did. I like reading about the old tales here ;)

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Robert said:
Don't know if it's linked to the FTL story

Didnt sift through the pages to figure this out, care to enlighten me?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
LOL.

That's a good analogy, and explains my predisposition to drama.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Bad TonK/Good TonK

From heel to outlaw rebel. I wouldn't quite call him good, I don't think he'd like that. So much of his NGF days are hilarious to think back on.

All I am really sure about is that there was a shift in his personality when his daughter was born.

Wasabi can back me up on this. There was this amazing photo he took of his hand shoving a gun into a stuffed pikachu doll. A real gun, I'm sure. It was so funny and I wish to god I kept that photo.

There was a week or two when I was convinced he would find out where I lived and come knocking.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Rade Kuruc said:
Bad TonK/Good TonK

From heel to outlaw rebel. I wouldn't quite call him good, I don't think he'd like that. So much of his NGF days are hilarious to think back on.

All I am really sure about is that there was a shift in his personality when his daughter was born.

Wasabi can back me up on this. There was this amazing photo he took of his hand shoving a gun into a stuffed pikachu doll. A real gun, I'm sure. It was so funny and I wish to god I kept that photo.

There was a week or two when I was convinced he would find out where I lived and come knocking.

It's funny cause my feelings for Tonk were so mutable- Irritation - anger - contempt - pity - mercy - comraderie - affection

Tonk is one of those fuzzy, lovable old memories now

It was only because he was Chris and Dion's avatar in the flesh that he took so much heat.

C'Mere you little scamp!

Rade K

20 Year Member
neobuyer said:
It's funny cause my feelings for Tonk were so mutable- Irritation - anger - contempt - pity - mercy - comraderie - affection

Tonk is one of those fuzzy, lovable old memories now

It was only because he was Chris and Dion's avatar in the flesh that he took so much heat.

C'Mere you little scamp!

I agree. It's as if TonK was spawned from Chris and Dion's love. He was let slip in order to create havok, but soon learned from those he tormented and turned his back on his cruel masters.

Damn, that'd make a good shito-stains.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I remember posting on S-C.com for a while when the site first opened. I lost interest fast because most of the members seemed to be fourteen year olds with little intelligence. The Neo-Geo.com forums are like no other forums on the internet. No other online community has as many different personalities, drama, and funny posts; not to mention that most people here have the same taste in games as I do. I have had a few problems with members in the past but in the end this site has been a wonderful place to post as well as a wonderful source for Neo-Geo goods and other obscure/niche video game related items. This site also put buying a Neo-Geo into a reality for me. Before I discovered this website a few years ago I never had enough knowledge about the Neo-Geo and it's prices to seriously pursue picking one up; it was always just that dream system that I knew very little about but always wanted to have. I am grateful to Shawn and this site for making the Neo-Geo a reality for me. The day I stop posting here will most likely be the day I stop posting on internet forums completely. Neo-Geo.com until the end.

Last edited:

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
This thread brings back memories :)
It doesn't feel like we've been here 4+ years. Time flies.

I don't contribute much here, but some of the stuff I've read here I'll remember forever. There is so much drama and comedy rolled in to the forums that it always leaves you wondering what will happen next.

aria

Former Moderator
This is turning into an old-timers "COEEEEE!!!!!!11111!!!"

Or should I say "old-tymers" :D