Old Member's Check-In Thread.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Hi all, it’s been a few years.

I haven’t been online because i had a rough period in my life. Depression and anxiety are though on me and suicidal thoughts would creep in my mind on a daily basis. I’m still not over it and i probably never will. I did however found the love of my life, she came from the Philipines and i plan on marrying her. She’s an inspiration for me to be a better man and a reason to look forward to the future.

My interests in gaming have faded a bit because i lose 4 hours every day going to work. I did found VR gaming on the PSVR an amazing thing to experience. My Super Neo 29 is still alive and kicking. I’m curious what has been going on over here and i will try to catch up on all the past drama.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yeah, a warm welcome again! But iirc... when you left, it was because of your very good job offer in a lawyer company (?) and nothing indicated any depressive future. Quite a shock to hear, what happened afterwards. Where are you working now?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Relax Oliver. When people who openly say they thought of killing themselves, just veer into the good things and not "Well i heard you'd got a great job blah blah" and leave it at that. This is harmony, not an interrogation.

Bill Kilgore

Thanks guys, i met her online, she has a sweet caring personality. When i met her i was at the lowest point in my life, she knows about my suicidal thoughts and poor financial situation yet she keeps loving me unconditionally. Studies costed me a lot and i found out i might have a form of autism. Because of it i worked in a few law offices actually but already got fired after a couple of weeks. I have a pretty high IQ but don’t have the social or comprehensive skills to back it up. I work in a courthouse now as a clerc, it’s easier work and less stressfull. It pays less but i’m a lot happier then before and the debts are paid in full.

Edit: so Sylvie is really gone?

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Hi all, it’s been a few years.

I haven’t been online because i had a rough period in my life. Depression and anxiety are though on me and suicidal thoughts would creep in my mind on a daily basis. I’m still not over it and i probably never will. I did however found the love of my life, she came from the Philipines and i plan on marrying her. She’s an inspiration for me to be a better man and a reason to look forward to the future.

My interests in gaming have faded a bit because i lose 4 hours every day going to work. I did found VR gaming on the PSVR an amazing thing to experience. My Super Neo 29 is still alive and kicking. I’m curious what has been going on over here and i will try to catch up on all the past drama.

Did you ever get that Garou back from the congo?

Bill Kilgore

Did you ever get that Garou back from the congo?

Haha i wish, i’m amazed how stuff like this never get’s forgotten over here. I bought a cart on Ebay and the owner got refunded. The whereabouts of that cart will always remain a mystery to me.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Thanks guys, i met her online, she has a sweet caring personality. When i met her i was at the lowest point in my life, she knows about my suicidal thoughts and poor financial situation yet she keeps loving me unconditionally. Studies costed me a lot and i found out i might have a form of autism. Because of it i worked in a few law offices actually but already got fired after a couple of weeks. I have a pretty high IQ but don’t have the social or comprehensive skills to back it up. I work in a courthouse now as a clerc, it’s easier work and less stressfull. It pays less but i’m a lot happier then before and the debts are paid in full.

Edit: so Sylvie is really gone?

Mail order bride, depression, anxiety, autism. Welcome to Neo Geo dot com.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
I'm still kickin' around in a somewhat small capacity. Talked with K2 recently and been meetin up with Gilty a few times. I hit EG with a text now and then as well.
I think at my age I'm getting ready to dig out from all this shit soon, don't feel like spending the rest of my life soldering to keep old electronic crap running anymore.

Last edited:

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I'm still kickin' around in a somewhat small capacity. Talked with K2 recently and been meetin up with Gilty a few times. I hit EG with a text now and then as well.
I think at my age I'm getting ready to dig out from all this shit soon, don't feel like spending the rest of my life soldering to keep old electronic crap running anymore.

Its worse than it once was. The stuff breaks more and more as it gets older and the price goes up and up. Somehow EG got himself banned I believe.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Yeah dude, I'm slowly but surely getting rid of all my shit too. Feels good, man.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I just had to replace the caps on an MV-1FS and it was harder than any of the CRT chassis I've done so far... got me thinking this old shit is starting to piss me off.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Somehow EG got himself banned I believe.

He's not banned.... He can come back anytime he likes but he's indicated that he's happy in the place where he's at currently...

This place brings out the worse in him...

xROTx

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
*knock knock* *peeks in*

The news of SNK releasing new hardware brought me back for a moment. I hope everyone is doing well. Life's good here. The Nintendo Switch almost feels like the successor to the NGPC (minus the micro switches) with all the ACA ports of Neo Geo games Hamster has been doing. And of course...it's difficult to not be excited about the SamSho reboot/remaster.

Anywho, too many games and not enough time to play them. I'll be around.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
*knock knock* *peeks in*

The news of SNK releasing new hardware brought me back for a moment. I hope everyone is doing well. Life's good here. The Nintendo Switch almost feels like the successor to the NGPC (minus the micro switches) with all the ACA ports of Neo Geo games Hamster has been doing. And of course...it's difficult to not be excited about the SamSho reboot/remaster.

Anywho, too many games and not enough time to play them. I'll be around.

Didn't think you were around Jasen. Good to hear from you. I'm basically still around. Hanging in there. If you read other sections of the site, you'll see what's up. I've been scaling down on the games in favor of a retropi. Hanging on to my Neo stuff like a fool and just can't get rid it it. Too many memories with those games, especially Metal Slugs. Also diggin' on the Switch quite a bit. Haven't played Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition for awhile, but am looking forward to Dragon Quest 11 S. Don't get as much time to play it with the g/f and all the other chaos that's been raining down lately. My basement still sits half-finished. I was gonna make it a gaming nerd cave but I think I've outgrown it in favor of just a media room for books, movies, and games. When I get time, I play in pinball tourneys and around town. Work when I can. See my friends when I can, but it's tough with busy schedule, work, and their families. I try to get together with Bobak when time allows.