Old Member's Check-In Thread.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I need to get off Facebook but I can't.

Didn't you go to school in Europe a while back. I vaguely remember a post from you a while back; it was probably a decade ago by now.

Last edited:

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
I recently decided to get back into this money pit of a hobby after a ~13 year break. Just had my account re-activated today, hoping to see some of the old guys around :cool:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hi peterr928. What've you been doing the past 17 years?

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
Hi peterr928. What've you been doing the past 17 years?

Unfortunately I sold off most of my Neo stuff when I went to college, but I continued collecting other games throughout the years. My parents (who live several states away) recently moved and told me to come pickup my remaining belongings or they would end up at the curb. I managed to find a few old AES carts in my boxes and I guess that was my excuse to get back in. I traded in a bunch of common old games for an AES at a local store and have been rebuilding my collection since :glee:

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
Strangely the prices of many of the JP AES carts I used to own doesn't seem to have changed much, Metal Slug being another story. I've picked up a few KOFs and both Last Blades for around the price they were going for in 2000. The US carts seem to have all dried up at this point though or are insanely priced, so I guess I'll take what I can get.

Pissed I sold my Metal Slug 3 for $350 back then though....

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Just checking in as Sam Sho 0 Special is coming out on PS4 and neo geo has been on my mind more. Not much changed in my life... working a lot and teaching my 4 year old to play fighting games.

Jake how did you escape the TEFL life? What are you doing now?

Ramad

Strangely the prices of many of the JP AES carts I used to own doesn't seem to have changed much, Metal Slug being another story. I've picked up a few KOFs and both Last Blades for around the price they were going for in 2000. The US carts seem to have all dried up at this point though or are insanely priced, so I guess I'll take what I can get.

Pissed I sold my Metal Slug 3 for $350 back then though....

I sold Metal Slug 2 and Pulstar. I feel your pain.

However, I hate Pulstar, so I don't feel THAT bad.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Didn't you go to school in Europe a while back. I vaguely remember a post from you a while back; it was probably a decade ago by now.

I wanted to go to school in Paris and it didn't work out. I also tried to get a NATO job in Luxembourg and that didn't work out either. I just ended up staying in Mississippi. Although I miss Europe I've done well here back home. I'm quality Inspector in the aerospace industry primarily at Stennis Space Center. I'm also a guardsmen in the Louisiana Air National Guard also doing quality inspection.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I wanted to go to school in Paris and it didn't work out. I also tried to get a NATO job in Luxembourg and that didn't work out either. I just ended up staying in Mississippi. Although I miss Europe I've done well here back home. I'm quality Inspector in the aerospace industry primarily at Stennis Space Center. I'm also a guardsmen in the Louisiana Air National Guard also doing quality inspection.
Cool. Nice to hear you're doing OK! When you say you miss Europe, were you stationed there? If so, where? And when you wanted to go to school in Paris, which school? I ask because I'm finishing up at AUP. And I use to live in NOLA years ago speaking of Louisiana.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Jake how did you escape the TEFL life? What are you doing now?

I straight up quit teaching. Moved back to USA with no job and it took forever... did some security work and was asked to do a bunch of admin duties.. rolled that into my new thing which is in the maritime industry. Working as a ship agent in the world of shipping - lots of boarding vessels and communications type work.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah... found the whole teaching thing didn't really fit with me. What are you up to?

Still teaching in China. You know what it's like. Still in my 20s so not freaking out at disastrous life decisions...yet. At least this whole summer I don't have to work.

LIVINGWONDER

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi what's up guys. Thought I'd check in here. Not really into the scene much anymore as I haven't been playing games as much as I use to though my collection's still intact.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hi what's up guys. Thought I'd check in here. Not really into the scene much anymore as I haven't been playing games as much as I use to though my collection's still intact.

It's not who are, but what you own.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Been a member 16 years today, glad the site is still running.