Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Regarding the business surrounding the Pope bannings

IKARI WARRIOR X99

"OOOH OOOOH, Standing in the heart of darkness. OOOH OOOH, Give me my life, give me my energy! OOOH OOOH, Fighting in the heart of darkness... OOOH OOOH, Ease my pain, ease my lonliness!"

...seriously, I can't believe I've actually taken the time to read every damn post since I went to bed half a night ago now when the FTL Conflict errupted due to ppl's comments on the Pope. Though I am kind of on both sides of the coin for the first time in a strange way. I'm both with FTL, but ultimately against FTL, though I don't have anything personal against him.

I don't think anyone should've been banned true nuff. Yet at the same time I see where FTL is coming from. For example, it's no secret how I feel about how Catholics see the Pope and revere him, yet Jesus Christ (The Savior & Lord himself) is slandered on a daily basis, both here on these boards and in everyday life, but no one gets offended by THAT. It's okay to make fun of the person who actually lived to be the savior of mankind and the only way to salvation, yet if someone says something bad against the Pope, they'd likely be lynched by a Mob of angry Catholics? To me it's about as absurd as people putting their faith that any mortal man who is also born into this world with a sin condition, from original sin, by taking a vow of chasity (something GOD the father in Heaven is against, He said it is good that man leave his mother and father and cleave onto his wife. ~He knew of man's weaknesses, and made the union of marriage one for all people, so that fornication, adultery etcetera would not be a factor. Instead ppl listen to their foolish thoughts on the matter [all guilty at one point or another] and we have the dark ages were living in now that only on the outside appear to be "Civilized" and "Prosperous".) so that person could be concecrated by other sinners and made into GOD's embodiedment on Earth?

Or that ppl have made the mother of Christ "Sinless" when she came through the same lineage as Christ was earthly begotten by her, (and a few unsavory ppl are in the lineage including a prostitute who found the favor of GOD for her) where original sin was, and only was she appointed by GOD the father to be the vessal in which the savior would come. That did not make her sinless, simply CHOSEN. Praying to her for prayers to be heard by Jesus is ridiculous. That's idolatry plain & simple... the very thing GOD hates. I could go on and on, but my point is in that thread that got started, I merely called the pope "An old geezer" and a side comment and left it at that. I didn't go and call the man a cock sucker or anything of the sort.

This is what FTL is upset about. He's pissed that ppl can't just make a comment and leave it at that. While he and I obviously put our faith in two different things, {Him it's the Mother Church and all of Catholic doctrine no doubt, and with me, I place my trust in Jesus and what he did and know that "Works" has nothing to do with my salvation, JC himself said "I am sufficient" meaning you do good works, even when you fail at times, [asking for forgiveness in his name] because you are saved by his sacrifice and love him for his unwavering love that GOD sent down, and not because you need to keep a running total or you go to Hell} he'd have rather seen people allude to something rather than be nasty about it. Now having said all that isn't slanderous or nasty, it's merely a matter of differeing beliefs. I can accept and appreciate what he believes, but I don't subcribe to that belief, and I'm commanded by the Lord himself to speak of what I believe to be the truth to others even if they don't want to hear it.

THEN THERE'S THE FLIP SIDE OF THAT COIN.

...by going all out gangsta' the way FTL did, he ignited the powder keg to become what it did. He believes one way, and others believe another way. But no one deserves to be banned over it all, or ppl wanting to do bodily harm to another, or people not wanting to conduct fair good natured business transactions with. It's simply a matter of differing "Faiths" and the only one who will ever know the truth is GOD... and only he can Judge, thus by FTL acting this way he's made himself GOD. Bottom line, I think he should be outright demodded never to be given such power again. A good leader or person in a position of authority needs themselves to understand "Humility", "Suffering" and above all else "Moderation" (Hint, Hint) in the excecution of power granted to them. Without it you only have a thug who happens to be the only one in a hundred miles with a high cyclical rate machine gun and no one dares oppose them.

So to the other MODS, is FTL getting demodded, or are you going to let this nonsense continue? Because be it this situation or another, THIS is what we have to look forward to. I already know the answer to this question though.

MERCENARY X99

Yamazaki's Wingman

after reading all of this thread, I have to read the pope thread. I'm having a change of heart.

Come to think of it, there were a shitload of french spammers, who were let go by FTL.

So...

conclusion, there is some bias from what i remember.

Though I will give my opinion after i read the pope thread.

If i haven't given you feedback on market, PM me. I tend to forget. Please...

Looking for the following mooks:
    kof 94-01, 03, XI, XIII
    Awesome Sellers:
    bokmeow, RingoC, Pocketgamer, RocketLawnChair, hines1515, Adam Gallant, NTSC-J, JHendrix, subcons, kitkit
    Awesome Buyers:
    Romanmcm

So can we insult the Pope or not?

For example, is this bannable:

"Pope.

Horse Cock."

If not is this:

"Pope. Horse Cock."

Yamazaki's Wingman

Sorry to say this, but after reading the pope thread.....

I'll just say, passion ran over rationality in FTL.

Banning people just because...

This isn't ng.com

what makes ng.com is the members, most of the people who hate this place isn't because of this or the other, it's because of the members.

And I think that with just the members we as a community have run the place smoothly.

I'm surprised by FTL. Though like I said, I've seen him been biased before. So no shocker there.

If i haven't given you feedback on market, PM me. I tend to forget. Please...

Looking for the following mooks:
    kof 94-01, 03, XI, XIII
    Awesome Sellers:
    bokmeow, RingoC, Pocketgamer, RocketLawnChair, hines1515, Adam Gallant, NTSC-J, JHendrix, subcons, kitkit
    Awesome Buyers:
    Romanmcm

Quote Originally Posted by jeff bogard
    Sorry to say this, but after reading the pope thread.....

I'll just say, passion ran over rationality in FTL.

Banning people just because...

This isn't ng.com

what makes ng.com is the members, most of the people who hate this place isn't because of this or the other, it's because of the members.

And I think that with just the members we as a community have run the place smoothly.

I'm surprised by FTL. Though like I said, I've seen him been biased before. So no shocker there.
    The initial bias is one thing and I can accept it for what it was, passion overriding logic. The attempts to continue to fight for his ideology and bringing that issue straight into the sights of the general members, on the other hand, indicates he doesn't know when he's lost. The situation now is lose/lose. He is either shot down by the mods again making him lose any credibility he might have or someone on high authority steps up to the plate for him, reinstitutes the bans and either all hell breaks loose here or this site gets abandoned like a sinking ship by anyone who values the ability to post concepts a religious zealot would take as offensive. Either way, the forums likely go to shit in the latter scenario.

Administrator
    Hmpf...

I was kind of hoping this wouldn't decent into War Room-level material but it sort-of did. Because the beginning was more serious it doesn't work as a flame thread...

+0

Quote Originally Posted by Bobak
    Hmpf...

I was kind of hoping this wouldn't decent into War Room-level material but it sort-of did. Because the beginning was more serious it doesn't work as a flame thread...

+0
    Agreed, i think Loopz had some really strong points back on page 2 or 3. I really do think what it came down to was the "culture clash" he was describing. FTL gets pissed we talk down on the leader of his church, and us good old 'mericans get pissed when we feel our free speech has been violated just because FTL didn't like what was said.

I think FTL bitched out when he said it wasn't a culture clash, and that an insult is an insult in any culture. FTL you're totally wrong there. Insults aren't the same everywhere.

Well at least we know FTL banned those people out of anger/passion/whatever. I mean that proves he has emotions, thereby eliminating the fact that he is a robot.

Unless he's an android with emotions (data style bitches).
    There is too much confusion.

Sorry Bobak,

Sometimes the principle of restraint and an internet forum are mutually exclusive after all. I really wish, as you do I'm sure, this issue had just vanished, but it seems to have taken the new plot twist of 2 sets of morales butting heads claiming the other is missing its key point. Appearantly, many don't think an exercise in defiance, for the sake of calling a bias for what it is, warrants bannings and he is devoted to the idea that there are offices which CANNOT be slandered by mandate of THE authority regardless of the circumstance in which it was done. He masks it in the guise of respect for ALL, but his inaction in several other instances is enough to prove he only allots such a response to those who disrespect what he holds dearest.

There is something to be said, at this point, about the proliferation of "teh drama" that has reared its head on more than one occassion here and to do my part in ending such cyclical arguments that accomplish little I will now refrain from posting anything else on this matter unless replied to directly or in the event that something drastic happens, such as the reinstitution of the bans or a blatant action to that effect.

Administrator
    Oh, I don't think this thread is dead by any means. I think it'll work fine in the War Room, even as a rational thread -I would've prefered to see it last in Unrelated because there really wasn't a need for people to take it to a level that's already being dealt with in the WR anyway.

After reading through this entire thread ( which was painful as a brazilian waxing job at points ) I've concluded FTL is simply impossible to have a debate with.

Trying to talk calmly to him or strait out flaming him neither have any sway on him. It's like cussing out a vending machine for taking your money, in the end, you just look like a idiot yelling at a piece of metal with neon lights. It's best to just ignore people like that.
    Last edited by abasuto; 04-04-2005 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasuto
    It's best to just ignore people like that.
    Unfortunately mods can't be put on ignore.

I just have to skip over Chimp and FTL's posts.
    There is too much confusion.

icon21.gif

I think it's safe to say FTL is incapable of moderating at all without causing constant incidents. How many have we had now?

It's the same old problem. What personally offends him he bans for, and he completely ignores anything else. Rather than try and guage what the members want, he tries to enforce his wants upon them.

Now, it's easy to turn lawyer on us and tell us we have no rights, but even in a business environment customer satisfaction is just as important as the social contract is in governments. In the case of a message board the feelings of the community must be kept in balance.

Now, FTL has by overreacting once aghain turned a molehill INTO a mountain. He is just going to keep on doing this.

His actions, at best, are simply too poor in judgment to be allowable, and at worst outright immature.

You folks can leave him as a mod. Expect the next incident in the usual week-and-a-half they consistently come in, because he sure as hell isn't interested in modifying his own behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by jethrek
    I think it's safe to say FTL is incapable of moderating at all without causing constant incidents. How many have we had now?

It's the same old problem. What personally offends him he bans for, and he completely ignores anything else. Rather than try and guage what the members want, he tries to enforce his wants upon them.

Now, it's easy to turn lawyer on us and tell us we have no rights, but even in a business environment customer satisfaction is just as important as the social contract is in governments. In the case of a message board the feelings of the community must be kept in balance.

Now, FTL has by overreacting once aghain turned a molehill INTO a mountain. He is just going to keep on doing this.

His actions, at best, are simply too poor in judgment to be allowable, and at worst outright immature.

You folks can leave him as a mod. Expect the next incident in the usual week-and-a-half they consistently come in, because he sure as hell isn't interested in modifying his own behavior.

100% agreed. He never admits fault in himself. Even when you have 5 mods telling him he's doing something the wrong way he tries to defend his actions and ignores the fact that everyone questions his judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by genjiglove
    make me a mod plz
    Me too!

Art of Typing Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    100% agreed. He never admits fault in himself. Even when you have 5 mods telling him he's doing something the wrong way he tries to defend his actions and ignores the fact that everyone questions his judgement.
    So, unless it's Shawn telling him he's wrong then he could pretty much give two shits what any of the older mods have to say.

Fascinating~
    . . . . . .

New Challenger
    De-mod him and give him his price guide...

Problem solved...

Fucking idiots and their Neo carts... fools.

FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...
    Heh..

I pm'd shawn links to all the relevant threads. Hopefully he'll read those PM's by September.

LOL.

I expect nothing out of it outside of at least knowing someone tried.

Big Mama's Massage
    Therapist

So... is the Vatican taking applications now?

Administrator
    I was in such a hurry to make the title, while I'm happy people are using the term "pope bannings", I should have called it the "papal bannings"

Or maybe take it the extra step and call them excommunications.

Simone wanting to "deal" with Charlie?
    Oh, thats fucking rich.
    I'd give my left nut to see that one.
    Last edited by Orpheus; 04-05-2005 at 11:58 PM.

neo-prophet

icon18.gif

Quote Originally Posted by ORPHEUS
    Simone wanting to "deal" with Charlie?
    Oh, thats fucking rich.
    I'd give my left nut to see that one.
    Done! Tee-hee-hee-hee!
    HE HAS RETURNED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGumby
    Done! Tee-hee-hee-hee!
    How about a new rank. Hippy spice is getting kind of bland.

Thread Information