Car Enthusiast Thread

Robert

20 Year Member
Ok some infos about the french cars in general.

Concerning the Clio V6, many people tend to say that it's too wild but my answer is: what do you expect from short wheel base MR V6 powered car? It can't be as quite as a normal clio.
For the problem with the engine it can be solved via french tuners. I know one called techno map (type techno map in google and it's the web site with .fr, shitty web page after my idea). It was created by guys from Alpine (serious material) and it produces kit for Renault cars and some other sport french one (they are working on the 206 RC now). It has different stage for the Clio V6.
The most exclusive one costs 8000 euros :crying: and has:
-Sport air admission
-Lighter sport exhaust (a huge plus since you gain on the back, the graal for any MR IMHO)
-Custom made camshaft (serious material)
-reinforced clutch (see above)
-custom made ECU (when I say custom it means EACH car tuned has its own ECU depending on the engine)

The result: 55 dyno tested HP more. I don't give a total power (like 310 HP) since the V6 engine are very flexible when it comes to power (some were dynoed at 230 HP instead of 255).

Off topic note: the V6 from the clio V6 was tuned by Porsche and I think it's a huge shame for all the french fan like me. I'm not the kind of guy who will jump on any occasion in this board to defend france but when it comes to french car my pride is unlimited. And for me, asking to a foreign company to tune our sport V6 is like treason. Renault sport doesn't need any one to make engines, look at this F1 season to be convinced.

Ok so let's go back to the point. this engine kit for the V6 has a great stenght. Same explanation than in my prior post:
Max power @ 6400 RPM
rev cut @7500 RPM
:drool_2:

For the Clio renault sport engine, the fact the engine is used with few modifications in the clio cup race and in the Renault small monoplace championish (both version are tuned to 195 Hp due to less noise and pollution emission) is a proof of his fine engineering and strenght under hard use.

Now let's talk about the big new of the french race world. The new MEGANE TROPHY!!!
the megane trophy proto was presented at the Paris motor show and it looks like a DTM car. The engine is a 3.5 V6 nissan tuned to 330 HP (another shame for me since our V6 could handle i. Peugeot run this season in french touring champ with 406 coupe equipped with 300+ HP french made V6), mid/rear mounted engine and tubular structure.
Stephane Ortelli (a former le Mans and Porsche driver), test driver for the car, told that the car the car 2 sec faster than a GT3 on magny cours :buttrock:
This car will promise a huge season of race.

More infos when I'll get them

Robert

20 Year Member
ferrarimanf355 said:
Ya know something? The more I look at the new Porsche Boxter S, the more it grows on me... :)

This car is a huge engineering success. I used to find the last porsche boring but the new generation (997 and boxster) brought the company to the sport philosophy of the brand.
The PCCB kit (sadly a costly option) and the sport chrono pack are two big plus when it comes to real hard use.

After my idea, you can buy a boxster S with both of these options plus the sport suspension and a bucket seat (porsche is one of last brand to sell racing oriented options, that's a point to applause) and bring it to the nurbringring with no trouble.

Pretty rare nowadays

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
~THE WORLD'S GREATEST RALLY CARS~​

--------------------
Size: ~700Mb
Video: DivX (Bitrate: 911 kb/s)
Duration: 01:34:25

Very nice footage and coverage of rally cars from different eras. Also features some interviews.

Torrent
--------------------

Enjoy ;)

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
Tony_N said:

--------------------

Very nice footage and coverage of rally cars from different eras. Also features some interviews.

Torrent
--------------------

Enjoy ;)

Tony_N is God! Bow down to him you feeble humans!

Does anyone know where I can find some WRC wallpapers for 2005? The official WRC site used to have them but after they redesigned it, they don't post them up anymore, unless its part of that WRC live thing you have to pay for which I don't want to pay, even though I'm a big WRC fan. I would love to have the Lancer WRC'05 as my wallpaper or even a Puegot wallpaper.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Robert said:
a bunch of stuff about the clio V6 that is far too long to quote but believe you me i red every bit of it and started to drool
where can i buy the clio V6 here in america though? the car is just plain badass and i'd love to know of a place that sells them but it'd be annoying importing one. any info at all would be much obliged.

Robert

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
where can i buy the clio V6 here in america though? the car is just plain badass and i'd love to know of a place that sells them but it'd be annoying importing one. any info at all would be much obliged.

I really don't know Kim, I have never heard about US imported Clio V6. Since it's rare it must be hard to find outside of France. When I say that this car is quite exclusive, believe me, it is. Two proofs:
-Only 350 clio V6 were sold worldwide in 2004
-All Renault Sport cars are produced in Dieppe factory (former Alpine factory) but the Clio V6 is produced in a special part dedicated to the racing department. It means that each clio V6 is built by the same guys who built the Megane trophy car and the former Clio V6 trophy

Shoot me an email address Kim and i'll send you some pics of a clio V6 in the new exclusive pearl yellow color that I have taken during the last Paris motor show (I don't think there are pics of the car with this color on the web).

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Robert said:
I really don't know Kim, I have never heard about US imported Clio V6. Since it's rare it must be hard to find outside of France. When I say that this car is quite exclusive, believe me, it is. Two proofs:
-Only 350 clio V6 were sold worldwide in 2004
-All Renault Sport cars are produced in Dieppe factory (former Alpine factory) but the Clio V6 is produced in a special part dedicated to the racing department. It means that each clio V6 is built by the same guys who built the Megane trophy car and the former Clio V6 trophy

Shoot me an email address Kim and i'll send you some pics of a clio V6 in the new exclusive pearl yellow color that I have taken during the last Paris motor show (I don't think there are pics of the car with this color on the web).
send em to
and if you have any movies of the clio V6 in action...well lemme know i'd love to see it. moreso than the one they have on the renault website.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Tony_N said:

--------------------

Torrent
--------------------

Enjoy ;)
I'll have to download this when I get home. :)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
soulthug said:
Porche 911 R.S 2.7. HellYeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus fucking Christ, this is about the eighth thread in a row in "Unrelated" with Soulthug's name on it for most recent post.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Fuck - I just checked the official Top Gear site, and seems the show will be back on the 5.22

I can't want that much :crying:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The world's first three-rotor RX-8:

ACOSTA MOTORSPORTS MAZDA RX-8
POWERTRAIN: 400-hp, 350-lb-ft twin-turbocharged three-rotor; rwd, six-speed manual
CURB WEIGHT: 3279 lbs (est.)
0 TO 60 MPH: 3.0 seconds (est.)

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102042

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Tony_N said:

--------------------

Torrent
--------------------

Enjoy ;)
man torrent downloads take ages. and i'm on DSL. but i wanna see it now!

Robert

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
send em to
and if you have any movies of the clio V6 in action...well lemme know i'd love to see it. moreso than the one they have on the renault website.

Ok I'll send them tonight. I will check what I can get frr videos. I have a friend who is a member of the french Renault sport owners club, perhaps he can get me good stuffs. Here the first one I found in their website.

ftp://ftp.rs-team.org/cliov6_part1.wmv
ftp://ftp.rs-team.org/cliov6_part2.wmv

Now since I'm a give away mood, I have some pictures of french rally, track and road cars taken at the Paris motor show. Ask me a model you what and if i have it, I'll send you some pictures.

I also have the official press report from Renault about the special version (called trophy) of the Megane Renault sport, If you want I can send it to you by mail (it's in french) or make a quick translation here .

And since I don't want to make an other Clio V6 post if no one is interested (except Kim), I can make a small history sum up of the Clio V6 birth if some request it.

It's up to you

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Robert said:
Ok I'll send them tonight. I will check what I can get frr videos. I have a friend who is a member of the french Renault sport owners club, perhaps he can get me good stuffs. Here the first one I found in their website.

ftp://ftp.rs-team.org/cliov6_part1.wmv
ftp://ftp.rs-team.org/cliov6_part2.wmv

Now since I'm a give away mood, I have some pictures of french rally, track and road cars taken at the Paris motor show. Ask me a model you what and if i have it, I'll send you some pictures.

I also have the official press report from Renault about the special version (called trophy) of the Megane Renault sport, If you want I can send it to you by mail (it's in french) or make a quick translation here .

And since I don't want to make an other Clio V6 post if no one is interested (except Kim), I can make a small history sum up of the Clio V6 birth if some request it.

It's up to you

i want this press report, and i want pictures of... hmmmm any and all audi's that were at this show. if there were any. were there?

Robert

20 Year Member
Ok Kim, I'll send you the report with the pictures of the Clio V6 tonight.

If any member wants something I listed just ask, I'm in a good mood today :)

For the audi's pictures, I don't have any, I didn't even went to their stand but yes they had a big one.

For the french car pictures, I'll post a list and the members interested will tell me.

Robert

20 Year Member
Ok here's the pictures I have:

citroen C5 Carlsson
citroen C2 VTS
citroen C4 WRC
Peugeot 1007 RC
Peugeot 206 RC
Renault clio renault sport 2.0 team
Renault clio V6
Renault Clio Cup
Renault Clio Super 1600
Renault clio Cup rally
Peugeot 406 coupe silhouette
Peugeot 206 super 1600
Peugeot RC Cup
Peugeot 206 RCC
Peugeot RC groupe N
Citroen C2 challenge rallye
Citreon Xsara WRC
Citroen C2 super 1600

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
Lets Gekiga In said:
The world's first three-rotor RX-8:

ACOSTA MOTORSPORTS MAZDA RX-8
POWERTRAIN: 400-hp, 350-lb-ft twin-turbocharged three-rotor; rwd, six-speed manual
CURB WEIGHT: 3279 lbs (est.)
0 TO 60 MPH: 3.0 seconds (est.)

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102042

Heh, I actually saw that car at a car show in Englishtown, NJ. I saw that monster in action and boy was that thing fast. And it sounds fierce as well. Gotta love the sound of a rotary.

Robert

20 Year Member
Don't want to be rude but I think this 3 rotors RX-8 smells like bullshit: a car with 400 HP and 3000 lbs+ CAN'T do 0-60 in 3 sec

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Robert said:
Don't want to be rude but I think this 3 rotors RX-8 smells like bullshit: a car with 400 HP and 3000 lbs+ CAN'T do 0-60 in 3 sec
I don't know man, how about that Evo FQ-400? It can do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds (and weighs 3108) and with that RX-8 having twin-turbocharged three-rotor engine it seems feasible at least to me.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i'm with robert on this. rotary engines to me are fragile and really shouldn't be toyed with unless the person really knows what they're doing in and out. i've known enough people with RX-7's to know that putting mods on there and not knowing the physics of the rotary can land you in a shop for a long while. so no i don't hate the RX series, i just think it's best to leave an RX stock.

Robert

20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I don't know man, how about that Evo FQ-400? It can do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds (and weighs 3108) and with that RX-8 having twin-turbocharged three-rotor engine it seems feasible at least to me.

If someone has a proof that a EVO FQ-400 can do 3.5 then you make a point here. I have seen a seriously tuned EVO VIII with 380 dyno tested HP and custom gear box, it couldn't even do 4 sec for 0-60 (measured with the G-meter). An Enzo with 660 HP and sub 3000lbs can do 3.5 not a FQ-400.