Car Enthusiast Thread

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Speed Channel alone is worth the price of cable. As a matter of fact I think it's the only channel I watch other than local TV stations. :p
then tape it for me 24/7 and send me the tapes! or just quit bragging.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
then tape it for me 24/7 and send me the tapes! or just quit bragging.
Why don't you have it anymore though? Just trying to save money? If that's the case, I can understand.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Why don't you have it anymore though? Just trying to save money? If that's the case, I can understand.
yeah we got rid of the cable internet as well to save money. DSL was cheaper. and we went back to basic cable as it was cheaper

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
yeah we got rid of the cable internet as well to save money. DSL was cheaper. and we went back to basic cable as it was cheaper
Yeah as soon as I move out I don't even see myself paying for basic cable. I'll probably just live off of local tv stations and video games I already own for entertainment.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
Mushiki said:
I personally don't like the current Renaults, the new Megane looks horrible, I prefer the old coupe/cabriolette.

I was wondering, do you watch any Car-related TV shows?

Here in Argentina we have a show that's aired on ESPN called "A todo motor", and it sucks.

Anyway, I dowload the best show ever weekly, it's called "Top Gear", and I am sure most of you already know the show (at least I know Tony_N does).

"Fifth Gear" is pretty good as well, but nothing can touch Top Gear.

Yea I definitely watch car shows. Of course Top Gear like Mushiki already mentioned and Fifth Gear. Also sometimes a German show called Auto Motor Und Sport.
The ones in Finland aren't anything to get excited of.. they are more about car related things in general.

I also think Top Gear is the king, though Fifth Gear is also very good.

The new season of Fifth Gear actually just started, its new intro shows that there's gonna be some sweet tests and challenges.

And talking about car videos, well I have a lot, how about you?

If you guys are interested I could torrent that stuff or something..

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I really wish I could get my hands on some Group B Rally coverage from over the years. I see some PAL DVDs for sale sometime, but I really wish they would release some NTSC videos.
Tony_N said:
Yea I definitely watch car shows. Of course Top Gear like Mushiki already mentioned and Fifth Gear. Also sometimes a German show called Auto Motor Und Sport.
The ones in Finland aren't anything to get excited of.. they are more about car related things in general.

The new season of Fifth Gear actually just started, its new intro shows that there's gonna be some sweet tests and challenges.

And talking about car videos, well I have a lot, how about you?

If you guys are interested I could torrent that stuff or something..

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I watch Fifth Gear whenever I get a chance to, but I wish there would be some new episodes on because I think I've seen them all.

The new season has just started.

Main attraction - The new Porsche Boxter vs the BMW Z4.

Kim _Kaphwan said:
i used to get the speed channel and they had all sorts of racing events on even rally racing from time to time. now i get nothing. though i'm interested in this show Top Gear. is it in english? where do you download it?

Yep, Top Gear is in english, and has the best artistic direction ever seen in a TV show - their production is amazing.

Tony_N said:

Top Gear is king, probably my favourite TV show ever. I like it even more than the show I work on.

- Anyway, here is where I get my Top Gear/Fifth Gear torrents. Very good speed, they also update their site very frequently, both the 3.21 and 3.28 eps for Fifth Gear are already available.

I just hope for Top Gear to start soon!

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
Mushiki said:
- Anyway, here is where I get my Top Gear/Fifth Gear torrents. Very good speed, they also update their site very frequently, both the 3.21 and 3.28 eps for Fifth Gear are already available.

Yea that's the place to get those new episodes.

I sure as hell am waiting for Top Gear also!
God I hope they have Koenigsegg CCR on the new season.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:

dang. now i need a torrent client of some sort.

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
Thanks for the link Mushiki. Although I never seen an episode of Top Gear, but from what I heard, its highly regarded by many people.

Kim Kapwhan said:
dang. now i need a torrent client of some sort.
http://www.bittorrent.com/

There you go my friend, download to your hearts content.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
My baby:

mycarone.jpg

mycarthree.jpg

In a few days I will get rid of the tiny stupid looking USDM foglights and get a set of these. The Blue/Yellow color of these lights will go great with the WRB paint color on my WRX.

post-10-1105457813.jpg

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The other two cars I've been thinking about for my next car (and the most likely choices so far) are the Subaru Impreza WRX and the Saab 9-2X Aero. Both very amazing all around cars for the money.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
All this talk about owning high quality vehicles is making me cry when i look out the window at my car

'92 Oldsmobile Achieva. Shes in good condition, but you can't find any parts for them and seem notorious for problems <_<

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
All this talk about owning high quality vehicles is making me cry when i look out the window at my car

'92 Oldsmobile Achieva. Shes in good condition, but you can't find any parts for them and seem notorious for problems <_<
hey man be glad you own a car. i had a 75 el camino that died (cracked block never wondered how it happened never cared. the thing wasn't worth repairing) and now i borrow my mom's car. so be glad dude. i know all sorts of shit about cars, all sorts of shit on how to fix em and make em faster. but do i have one? no. does it stop me from being a car nut? uh uh. high performance, low performance, or no performance no matter if you have anything in the garage don't let yourself slip away from the history and power of the machine.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Lets Gekiga In said:
The other two cars I've been thinking about for my next car (and the most likely choices so far) are the Subaru Impreza WRX and the Saab 9-2X Aero. Both very amazing all around cars for the money.

Saab's are good cars but personally I think that Subaru's are more reliable and if you are talking about getting the standard WRX(Non STi) it will be a few thousand dollars cheaper than the Saab 9-2X Aero and it has a much larger pool of aftermarket parts available if you are into that. The interior in the 2005 WRX is all new; the wheel has been changed to a three piece "T" racing style wheel, the seats have been changed to one piece seats, and the dash got a bit of a facelift. Keep in mind though, if you go with the WRX the engine is a bit noisy at idle and if you upgrade it at all it gets LOUD, some components rattle when at high speeds, and the stock stereo is lousy. The WRX certainly isn't a car for someone with luxury in mind; it is much more of an enthusiast’s car. I love every minute of driving my WRX and it is great to mash through snow with no problems at all and see every truck/SUV driver on the road look at me like I am nuts.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Tony_N said:
Too Fast To Race

Size: ~700mb
Video: XviD (Bitrate: 1394 kb/s)

Torrent

Group B Rally goodness.

Enjoy :)
wow... just wow. that was really educational and really awesome. makes me wanna ask my uncle to teach me how he drives...hmmm.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yeah, thanks again for the Group B Rally video Tony_N. I learned a little more how Group B Rally really was and that was very neat.

Do you by chance have anymore Group B Rally videos? Those are so sweet. :D

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, thanks again for the Group B Rally video Tony_N. I learned a little more how Group B Rally really was and that was very neat.

Do you by chance have anymore Group B Rally videos? Those are so sweet. :D
yes yes more rally

Robert

20 Year Member
Ok so to catch the current discussions, I'll give you my opinion for each subjects.

First here my Renault sport's line up verdict:

Clio Renault Sport: The Real deal (if you take the 400 euros sport suspension). This car is one of the last true GTI in the world. With the new dual exhaust developped by Renault sport it produces 182 HP, which is more than enough for a -1100 kg car. The handling is superb, pure traction bliss with few understeer (sport suspension helping). The new michelin pilot Exalto are glue and there is no brake fading even under hard use. The motor is "full" like we say in France (it means that it push at all revs) and it comes berserk after 4000 until the rev cut at 7200 RPM. It's a huge success in France and it's 100% deserved. it costs 22-23000 euros in France which is not high for what you get. For those who can't put this amount there a special version called team (made for the victory of the Clio in the French rally championish) which comes with less equipment (can't have the soprt suspension for example) but which costs 20000 euros. And as a bonus you can get it with the original blue and the stripes used for the R8 gordini.

Edit: for those who want old school hardcore Renault, Type Gordini in Google and you'll see which Renault ruled in the 60/70's

Megane Renault sport: good but can be improved in the standard version. The steering fell is not perfect, the suspension are too confort oriented and the ESP cut the fun under hard cornering. Hopefully the new special version with revised suspension and direction, with lighter rims and with an ESP you can completely shut down can be the answer. Don't have feedback about this one.

Clio V6: The daddy. If you want a car with guts. Not a pussy with ESP and driving assistance. More exclusive than a Porsche, more hard to master. It's the daughter of the R5 turbo 2 and it's still a wild horse. Even with the improvement of the second version, it's pretty suprising in the corner and you always has to be carefully. But the rewards to master it worths the thrill. In my opinion the car is plagued with a huge mistake. Let me explain, it's easy I can do it with two numbers
Max power @ 7150 RPM
rev cut @ 7200 RPM :spock:

Ok now let's talk about car shows on TV. In france we have nothing good to watch. My choice would be Top gear for euro cars, best motoring for JPN cars.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
bah this thread is fading fast. it needs bumpage. anyone got any car news? and nice post about the renaults robert. i didn't know the clio V6 was hampered like that.