Car Enthusiast Thread

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
dude! the new charger is gonna be a cop car?! fucking sweet! i love how those things are shaping up. they're really sexy!

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
dude! the new charger is gonna be a cop car?! fucking sweet! i love how those things are shaping up. they're really sexy!
Yep, I can't wait until I start seeing some Charger cop cars. :D

I still see Dodge Intrepids used as cop cars around campus, so hopefully that means they get upgraded to the Charger!

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yep, I can't wait until I start seeing some Charger cop cars. :D

I still see Dodge Intrepids used as cop cars around campus, so hopefully that means they get upgraded to the Charger!
in my area it's all ford crown victorias. though there are the cop corvettes that come up every once in a while. those are fucking scary.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
in my area it's all ford crown victorias. though there are the cop corvettes that come up every once in a while. those are fucking scary.
That's sweet. In my actual hometown (Winter Springs, FL) we have Jettas, New Beetle, Monte Carlo and a Crown Vic or two. There's also state troopers that hang around a bit who drive Camaros.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
That's sweet. In my actual hometown (Winter Springs, FL) we have Jettas, New Beetle, Monte Carlo and a Crown Vic or two. There's also state troopers that hang around a bit who drive Camaros.
we have expeditions (they're totally 4-wheeled out and have massive wenches) the crown vic, the sherrifs drive caprices that haven't been retired yet. there's the vettes. and there are F-250's as well though they're used mostly for busting the rural criminals like cattle rustlers and such. one time my friend tim was driving his pickup at about 140 down the highway (the thing is modded to hell) and all he sees is this red flash, then it stops infront of him. it was the vette pulling him over. haha

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Eric said:
The new Charger is ugly as sin.
Dude, you think the Evo and the WRX STi are actually good looking cars. Very well performing, but not that good looking.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Good topic, I just haven't had much to add, been in Los Angeles the last week and seen more 911s than I should in a lifetime, a few Gallardos, various Ferrari's, a DB9, a few Bentley's, hmmm what else.

Anyway I've got a question that seems relevant enough for this thread, has anyone ever shipped a car overseas before? What's it cost, which company etc. Specifically from the UK to the US.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
Good topic, I just haven't had much to add, been in Los Angeles the last week and seen more 911s than I should in a lifetime, a few Gallardos, various Ferrari's, a DB9, a few Bentley's, hmmm what else.

Anyway I've got a question that seems relevant enough for this thread, has anyone ever shipped a car overseas before? What's it cost, which company etc. Specifically from the UK to the US.
i know some people that have done it. and hell my uncle does it on a regular basis as he buys and sells cars to people all over the world (the guy is a professional driver, used to test cars for subaru) i'm sure i could ask him how he does it. i love how he always has a different car at his house. one time he had a V-8 vantage there. and he was just like "yeah that came in today, but it's being sold to a buyer in south america. go figure" or that awesome cherry red stingray he had for a while that he sold to a guy in abu dhabi. i'll see what i can get out of him.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Man, that is really cool. My friend Mike told me it was very hard to get a car from another country to drive in the U.S., but I guess he was wrong about that one?
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i know some people that have done it. and hell my uncle does it on a regular basis as he buys and sells cars to people all over the world (the guy is a professional driver, used to test cars for subaru) i'm sure i could ask him how he does it. i love how he always has a different car at his house. one time he had a V-8 vantage there. and he was just like "yeah that came in today, but it's being sold to a buyer in south america. go figure" or that awesome cherry red stingray he had for a while that he sold to a guy in abu dhabi. i'll see what i can get out of him.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
This is about what it's all about fellas:

2006 CADILLAC XLR V-SERIES
ON SALE: Early 2006
BASE PRICE: $85,000 (est.)
POWERTRAIN: 4.4-liter, 440-hp, 425-lb-ft supercharged V8; rwd, six-speed automatic
CURB WEIGHT: 3804 lbs
0 to 60 MPH: 4.9 seconds (mfr.)

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102048

mark-art

NEST Puppet
meh... never cared for the caddies. Too many straights, not enough curves to balance them out. It'll be fast as hell tho...

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Man, that is really cool. My friend Mike told me it was very hard to get a car from another country to drive in the U.S., but I guess he was wrong about that one?
it's not hard when you have the money to do it. he just does it on a constant basis and the cars come to him on those big trucks they use to ship cars around it's pretty cool to see one pull up to his house. i remember when the old MR2's came out. (the like 90's MR2's) he had a truck with three of em come to his house and he test drove one just to see what they could do, then the other two he promptly sold.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
mark-art said:
meh... never cared for the caddies. Too many straights, not enough curves to balance them out. It'll be fast as hell tho...
After seeing an XLR for the first time like a couple of months ago I've been a huge fan of them. Definitely one of my faves.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
mark-art said:
i love the cadillac. great cars if you ask me. they were one of the first american car companies to come along and throw some competition at ford and their machine. in my opinion cadillac makes some of the best cars america has to offer. simply because they run well and they've always been pure class. heck they designed a car for john d. rockefeller.

mark-art

NEST Puppet
I definately think older american cars are awesome, especially when you start talking about deusenburgs(sp?) pierce arrows and such. And I love some muscle cars as well. Its the newer american cars I don't particularly care for. The american companies just seem to be trying too hard to make their designs more european. I dunno, that my opinion.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
mark-art said:
I definately think older american cars are awesome, especially when you start talking about deusenburgs(sp?) pierce arrows and such. And I love some muscle cars as well. Its the newer american cars I don't particularly care for. The american companies just seem to be trying too hard to make their designs more european. I dunno, that my opinion.
which is why this new cadillac is a good thing. it's a throwback to an older musclecar. the right angles, the convertible top, the V-8. the rear wheel drive. it's like it's begging to be the new american musclecar... or one of em anyways.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
which is why this new cadillac is a good thing. it's a throwback to an older musclecar. the right angles, the convertible top, the V-8. the rear wheel drive. it's like it's begging to be the new american musclecar... or one of em anyways.
I really like how well GM is making Cadillac almost more of a performance brand. Keep up the good work at Cadillac, GM.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I really like how well GM is making Cadillac almost more of a performance brand. Keep up the good work at Cadillac, GM.
cadillac is in my opinion the only good car company GM has. i hate saab's. chevy makes me go meh. GMC is just trucks. buick is for old people. pontiac is for people who like to buy broken cars. hummer is overpriced and stupid. oldsmobile is getting the axe. and that leves us with cadillac. the one car company GM has that i really really like. they're timeless, they're classy, and they're sweet rides with a lot of pickup.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
cadillac is in my opinion the only good car company GM has. i hate saab's. chevy makes me go meh. GMC is just trucks. buick is for old people. pontiac is for people who like to buy broken cars. hummer is overpriced and stupid. oldsmobile is getting the axe. and that leves us with cadillac. the one car company GM has that i really really like. they're timeless, they're classy, and they're sweet rides with a lot of pickup.
I think Saturn is getting better though with the introduction of the Sky and I think the best car they currently have is the Ion Red Line (based on the same Delta platform made by Opel which is used for the Astra).

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I think Saturn is getting better though with the introduction of the Sky and I think the best car they currently have is the Ion Red Line (based on the same Delta platform made by Opel which is used for the Astra).
well the new saturns aren't bad. it's just that... they're saturns. and i always hated those things.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
well the new saturns aren't bad. it's just that... they're saturns. and i always hated those things.
The Saturn Ion Red Line has Recaro seats, 205 hp and 200 lb ft of torque and is a very excellent handler (mainly because of the Delta platform created by Opel). The Saturn Ion Red Line is an excellent stealth car and is basically a Rally car. :D

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
The Saturn Ion Red Line has Recaro seats, 205 hp and 200 lb ft of torque and is a very excellent handler (mainly because of the Delta platform created by Opel). The Saturn Ion Red Line is an excellent stealth car and is basically a Rally car. :D
hmm. rally car you say? you've piqued my interest. pics please.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
hmm. rally car you say? you've piqued my interest. pics please.

The Saturn Ion Red Line is definitely one of the cars I'm looking at a possible purchase.

33205ionrl-comp-07.jpg

a_img_ionred3.jpg

33205ionrl-comp-23.jpg

33205ionrl-comp-02.jpg