Car Enthusiast Thread

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, I heard Ford has been doing a better job on their interior as of late. My dad needs something that can tow and he's been thinking about an F-150.
if you want towing capacity get a damn dodge ram turbo diesel dually. none of the other trucks have the acceleration that the cummins has. that thing doesn't take much to get going and when it does it can pull almost anything along with it. plus they're pretty cushy inside.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
if you want towing capacity get a damn dodge ram turbo diesel dually. none of the other trucks have the acceleration that the cummins has. that thing doesn't take much to get going and when it does it can pull almost anything along with it. plus they're pretty cushy inside.
He doesn't want anything too hardcore. He just wants to be able to tow a trailer that holds 2 ATVs and a dirt bike.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
He doesn't want anything too hardcore. He just wants to be able to tow a trailer that holds 2 ATVs and a dirt bike.
well if you're just haulin little stuff go for the nissan fronteir. no point in paying the higher gas costs for a bigger pickup when the fronteir or tacoma can do the same job.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
well if you're just haulin little stuff go for the nissan fronteir. no point in paying the higher gas costs for a bigger pickup when the fronteir or tacoma can do the same job.
Yeah, he does like the Toyota Tacoma as well. I imagine it's very reliable as all the other Toyotas.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, he does like the Toyota Tacoma as well. I imagine it's very reliable as all the other Toyotas.
it can also haul quite a bit which is pretty surprising as most japanese trucks in my opinion couldn't tow much of anything. but they have been surprising lately. and really have shown much improvement in the truck market. still not as cool as the dodge rams i love. but they're not bad. go for the TRD tacoma as it has 4 wheel drive and if he's pullin ATV's around he's gonna be in the mud.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Has anyone seen the Maserati Birdcage 75th? That machine is insane.

Oh, and I think I'll go for that V6 MX-3 after all.

mark-art

NEST Puppet
Mushiki said:

pics plz... I did however see a quattraporte on the streets for the first time. Not a bad look sedan. Like everything except the semi-transparent tail lights. Doesn't look good on an elegant car.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:

Oh, and I think I'll go for that V6 MX-3 after all.
damn right. the MX-3 can be a real menace on the road if tuned right. plus with a V-6 you can put a twin turbo on there.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
mark-art said:
pics plz... I did however see a quattraporte on the streets for the first time. Not a bad look sedan. Like everything except the semi-transparent tail lights. Doesn't look good on an elegant car.

birdcage.jpg

birdcage2.jpg

Kim _Kaphwan said:
damn right. the MX-3 can be a real menace on the road if tuned right. plus with a V-6 you can put a twin turbo on there.

That's right, I'm picking the MX-3 mostly because of the engine.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
That's right, I'm picking the MX-3 mostly because of the engine.
well the mx-3 doesn't weigh much at all either. so it's essentially an engine with wheels. and you know after talkin to ya and finding that you're a car guy too i realize i can't really dislike you at all. you're a good man in my book.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
well the mx-3 doesn't weigh much at all either. so it's essentially an engine with wheels. and you know after talkin to ya and finding that you're a car guy too i realize i can't really dislike you at all. you're a good man in my book.

Haha, I am glad - most people who "dislike" me actually do so just because it is a forum trend.

Lets Gekiga In said:
Good choice. I love the MX-3. A very pretty car IMO and good performance.

Great, we are all happy with the MX-3 then, haha.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
why is it that us three have the majority of the posts in this thread? is this forum really that devoid of car guys? anyways i was thinking about saving up and getting myself a better ride than borrowing my moms car (i know i'm employed and make plenty of money to get a car. i'm just cheap) and i was looking at the 1986 peugeot 505 turbo. as it's cheap, i have a good knowledge of automotive repair, and it seems pretty fast based on what i've read. plus it's a european car and i tend to favor those over other reigions.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
why is it that us three have the majority of the posts in this thread? is this forum really that devoid of car guys? anyways i was thinking about saving up and getting myself a better ride than borrowing my moms car (i know i'm employed and make plenty of money to get a car. i'm just cheap) and i was looking at the 1986 peugeot 505 turbo. as it's cheap, i have a good knowledge of automotive repair, and it seems pretty fast based on what i've read. plus it's a european car and i tend to favor those over other reigions.

I am surprised ferrariman355 hasn't posted yet -

Regarding what car to get, what other options you have in mind?

cam347

Crossed Swords Squire
How about something like this?

stang.bmp

It pulls away from Z06 vettes like they are Honda's ;)

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:

well i was also looking at the alfa 164 my friend will be selling soon. it's in good running condition and he'd give me a deal on it. and then there's always that old 1978 international scout for sale near me that i'd love to own.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, like I said previously I wouldn't be getting the M5 or M6 for the looks.

But the performance on those cars are just amazing. 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds. :D

The V10, 7-speed sequential, paddle shifters, and launch control are what makes the M5 and M6 worthy buys.
What's even more interesting is that the BMW M V10 revs up to a 8250 RPM.

Who cares about looks at this point..

I actually think that the new 5er and 6er are quite nice looking and the M versions of course even better.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:

I think ferrariman355 posted twice, but yeah I'm surprised he hasn't been posting more whether it's car news or something else. I'm hoping SouthtownKid gets in and starts posting as well. He knows quite a bit.

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
cam347 said:
How about something like this?

stang.bmp

It pulls away from Z06 vettes like they are Honda's ;)

my car owns yours for free

thecar.gif

THA SHAGGIN" WAGON!

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
lotus_elise.5.jpg

Always been a fan of cars that are lightweight and make their power naturally. Yeah, I know that forced induction engines may have certain advantages over NA engines, but the sound of a finely tuned NA engine is just music to my ears.

Guess that explains why i'm thinking of getting a RSX-S even though the SRT-4 cost about the same.

Josh

Banned
John Z. DeLorean

January 6, 1925 - March 19, 2005

Now that was a tight ride.

delorean.jpg