Page 5 of 504 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 12596

Thread: Car Enthusiast Thread

  1. #101
    Honourary Irishman.
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15

    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    Yeah, I heard Ford has been doing a better job on their interior as of late. My dad needs something that can tow and he's been thinking about an F-150.
    if you want towing capacity get a damn dodge ram turbo diesel dually. none of the other trucks have the acceleration that the cummins has. that thing doesn't take much to get going and when it does it can pull almost anything along with it. plus they're pretty cushy inside.
    cool dude

  2. #102
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Muni Lot

    Posts
    11,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim _Kaphwan
    if you want towing capacity get a damn dodge ram turbo diesel dually. none of the other trucks have the acceleration that the cummins has. that thing doesn't take much to get going and when it does it can pull almost anything along with it. plus they're pretty cushy inside.
    He doesn't want anything too hardcore. He just wants to be able to tow a trailer that holds 2 ATVs and a dirt bike.

  3. #103
    Honourary Irishman.
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15

    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    He doesn't want anything too hardcore. He just wants to be able to tow a trailer that holds 2 ATVs and a dirt bike.
    well if you're just haulin little stuff go for the nissan fronteir. no point in paying the higher gas costs for a bigger pickup when the fronteir or tacoma can do the same job.
    cool dude

  4. #104
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Muni Lot

    Posts
    11,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim _Kaphwan
    well if you're just haulin little stuff go for the nissan fronteir. no point in paying the higher gas costs for a bigger pickup when the fronteir or tacoma can do the same job.
    Yeah, he does like the Toyota Tacoma as well. I imagine it's very reliable as all the other Toyotas.

  5. #105
    Honourary Irishman.
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15

    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    Yeah, he does like the Toyota Tacoma as well. I imagine it's very reliable as all the other Toyotas.
    it can also haul quite a bit which is pretty surprising as most japanese trucks in my opinion couldn't tow much of anything. but they have been surprising lately. and really have shown much improvement in the truck market. still not as cool as the dodge rams i love. but they're not bad. go for the TRD tacoma as it has 4 wheel drive and if he's pullin ATV's around he's gonna be in the mud.
    cool dude

  6. #106
    flaming petrosexual
    Mushiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Saint-Tropez

    Posts
    11,442
    Has anyone seen the Maserati Birdcage 75th? That machine is insane.

    Oh, and I think I'll go for that V6 MX-3 after all.

    Petrosexual + Type-Zero + Nanoagenda
    .the beautiful journey

  7. #107
    NEST Puppet

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego

    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushiki
    Has anyone seen the Maserati Birdcage 75th? That machine is insane.
    pics plz... I did however see a quattraporte on the streets for the first time. Not a bad look sedan. Like everything except the semi-transparent tail lights. Doesn't look good on an elegant car.
    Quote Originally Posted by pretas
    Street talk will only stay pure if we all keep it real. To that end, I do my part.
    Finally.....

  8. #108
    Honourary Irishman.
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15

    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushiki
    Has anyone seen the Maserati Birdcage 75th? That machine is insane.

    Oh, and I think I'll go for that V6 MX-3 after all.
    damn right. the MX-3 can be a real menace on the road if tuned right. plus with a V-6 you can put a twin turbo on there.
    cool dude

  9. #109
    flaming petrosexual
    Mushiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Saint-Tropez

    Posts
    11,442
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-art
    pics plz... I did however see a quattraporte on the streets for the first time. Not a bad look sedan. Like everything except the semi-transparent tail lights. Doesn't look good on an elegant car.





    Quote Originally Posted by Kim _Kaphwan
    damn right. the MX-3 can be a real menace on the road if tuned right. plus with a V-6 you can put a twin turbo on there.
    That's right, I'm picking the MX-3 mostly because of the engine.

    Petrosexual + Type-Zero + Nanoagenda
    .the beautiful journey

  10. #110
    NEST Puppet

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego

    Posts
    187
    Thanks for posting the pics. Meh... too many curves for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pretas
    Street talk will only stay pure if we all keep it real. To that end, I do my part.
    Finally.....

  11. #111
    Honourary Irishman.
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15

    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushiki
    That's right, I'm picking the MX-3 mostly because of the engine.
    well the mx-3 doesn't weigh much at all either. so it's essentially an engine with wheels. and you know after talkin to ya and finding that you're a car guy too i realize i can't really dislike you at all. you're a good man in my book.
    cool dude

  12. #112
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Muni Lot

    Posts
    11,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushiki
    Oh, and I think I'll go for that V6 MX-3 after all.
    Good choice. I love the MX-3. A very pretty car IMO and good performance.

  13. #113
    flaming petrosexual
    Mushiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Saint-Tropez

    Posts
    11,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim _Kaphwan
    well the mx-3 doesn't weigh much at all either. so it's essentially an engine with wheels. and you know after talkin to ya and finding that you're a car guy too i realize i can't really dislike you at all. you're a good man in my book.
    Haha, I am glad - most people who "dislike" me actually do so just because it is a forum trend.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    Good choice. I love the MX-3. A very pretty car IMO and good performance.
    Great, we are all happy with the MX-3 then, haha.

    Petrosexual + Type-Zero + Nanoagenda
    .the beautiful journey

  14. #114
    Honourary Irishman.
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15

    Posts
    15,851
    why is it that us three have the majority of the posts in this thread? is this forum really that devoid of car guys? anyways i was thinking about saving up and getting myself a better ride than borrowing my moms car (i know i'm employed and make plenty of money to get a car. i'm just cheap) and i was looking at the 1986 peugeot 505 turbo. as it's cheap, i have a good knowledge of automotive repair, and it seems pretty fast based on what i've read. plus it's a european car and i tend to favor those over other reigions.
    cool dude

  15. #115
    flaming petrosexual
    Mushiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Saint-Tropez

    Posts
    11,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim _Kaphwan
    why is it that us three have the majority of the posts in this thread? is this forum really that devoid of car guys? anyways i was thinking about saving up and getting myself a better ride than borrowing my moms car (i know i'm employed and make plenty of money to get a car. i'm just cheap) and i was looking at the 1986 peugeot 505 turbo. as it's cheap, i have a good knowledge of automotive repair, and it seems pretty fast based on what i've read. plus it's a european car and i tend to favor those over other reigions.
    I am surprised ferrariman355 hasn't posted yet -

    Regarding what car to get, what other options you have in mind?

    Petrosexual + Type-Zero + Nanoagenda
    .the beautiful journey

  16. #116
    NEST Puppet
    cam347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    St.Louis

    Posts
    182
    How about something like this?



    It pulls away from Z06 vettes like they are Honda's

  17. #117
    Honourary Irishman.
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15

    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushiki
    I am surprised ferrariman355 hasn't posted yet -

    Regarding what car to get, what other options you have in mind?
    well i was also looking at the alfa 164 my friend will be selling soon. it's in good running condition and he'd give me a deal on it. and then there's always that old 1978 international scout for sale near me that i'd love to own.
    cool dude

  18. #118
    Camel Slug

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    sky

    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    Yeah, like I said previously I wouldn't be getting the M5 or M6 for the looks.

    But the performance on those cars are just amazing. 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds.

    The V10, 7-speed sequential, paddle shifters, and launch control are what makes the M5 and M6 worthy buys.
    What's even more interesting is that the BMW M V10 revs up to a 8250 RPM.

    Who cares about looks at this point..

    I actually think that the new 5er and 6er are quite nice looking and the M versions of course even better.

  19. #119
    Honourary Irishman.
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15

    Posts
    15,851
    vroom to the top!
    cool dude

  20. #120
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Muni Lot

    Posts
    11,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushiki
    I am surprised ferrariman355 hasn't posted yet -

    Regarding what car to get, what other options you have in mind?
    I think ferrariman355 posted twice, but yeah I'm surprised he hasn't been posting more whether it's car news or something else. I'm hoping SouthtownKid gets in and starts posting as well. He knows quite a bit.

  21. #121
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    G-Product's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    This hellhole

    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by cam347
    How about something like this?



    It pulls away from Z06 vettes like they are Honda's
    my car owns yours for free



    THA SHAGGIN" WAGON!

  22. #122
    SouthTown StreetSweeper
    K_Dash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    NJ

    Posts
    564


    Always been a fan of cars that are lightweight and make their power naturally. Yeah, I know that forced induction engines may have certain advantages over NA engines, but the sound of a finely tuned NA engine is just music to my ears.

    Guess that explains why i'm thinking of getting a RSX-S even though the SRT-4 cost about the same.

  23. #123
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Muni Lot

    Posts
    11,306
    Got any aspirations to become a cop now ferrariman355?


  24. #124
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Muni Lot

    Posts
    11,306
    And another:


  25. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    929
    John Z. DeLorean

    January 6, 1925 - March 19, 2005

    Now that was a tight ride.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •