Car Enthusiast Thread

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The production Challenger sure is tamer...

The Camaro still looks ass.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
thats not the production grille, headlights, tail lights, etc for the camaro.

the production one is being unveiled at the back at the brickyard event at indy. sept 18-21.
http://www.indycamaro.com/Indy08/showindex.htm

just found a new bunch of pics of the camo one:
newcamo.JPG

i really like this angle

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I dont know about you, but this just screams to me " put some rally tires on, and go tear up this joint!"
Subaru Impreza 2010

car_photo_264426_25.jpg

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
That's not the new Impreza, it's the "Subaru Sports Coupe" that... doesn't really have a name yet.

It's being jointly developed with Toyota, and it's supposed to be offered in 2 different configurations, a RWD version with a 2lt flat-4 producing about 180hp, and a top of the range model featuring AWD and the 300hp 2.5lt turbo flat-4 found in the Impreza STI.

It should be a nice car to play with, and I am sure that Toyota will use this same platform to bring us a new "Trueno".

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
im definitely enthusiastic about this new age of rwd sport coupes.

that thing^
something from toyota
nissans still doing its thing
the genesis
challenger
camaro
mustang refresh is coming
etc. etc.

its like the early 90s again.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
That's not the new Impreza, it's the "Subaru Sports Coupe" that... doesn't really have a name yet.

It's being jointly developed with Toyota, and it's supposed to be offered in 2 different configurations, a RWD version with a 2lt flat-4 producing about 180hp, and a top of the range model featuring AWD and the 300hp 2.5lt turbo flat-4 found in the Impreza STI.

It should be a nice car to play with, and I am sure that Toyota will use this same platform to bring us a new "Trueno".

i'd read about the new trueno concept like last year. i hope it happens. toyota has been pissing me off for years now.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
meh. 2 articles today badged it as impreza coupe.
and 1 simply referred to toyota suburu coupe.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
my stripes are vinyl and cracked like crazy this winter.

so im taking em off.

what a pain in the ass this is. i've got one done so far, one to go. then i get to try to get all the goo off.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i found something cool to do.

ive seen these before online, but all the kits are like $80-160

camaroseq.gif

so i looked around and on the impala ss forum i found this schematic and instructions:
https://home.comcast.net/~jormendoza/1.pdf
https://home.comcast.net/~jormendoza/2.pdf
https://home.comcast.net/~jormendoza/3.pdf

the parts come to about $20.

if anyone here has a 3 segment tail light and would be interested i could build you a set if mine turns out good. you could do it with a 2 segment light too, it would be cheaper even since youd need less parts.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
thats not the production grille, headlights, tail lights, etc for the camaro.

the production one is being unveiled at the back at the brickyard event at indy. sept 18-21.
http://www.indycamaro.com/Indy08/showindex.htm

just found a new bunch of pics of the camo one:
newcamo.JPG

i really like this angle

that is a sinisterly ugly car.

I need to wash my car as well, but leaving in a gravel yard all day doesn't really motivate me...quite frustrating.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
naw. the angle of the shot makes the front look a lil too heavy.

they need to release the damn thing already . what's taking so long.?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
part of the reason its taking so long is that it was only confirmed for production after the concept was revealed.

its a brand new car that requires brand new toolings. unlike the challenger which is based on the 300 or whatever, the camaro is the first car of its kind being built here.

i kinda like that the front end appears much shorter and a little more i dunno, bulky (without the negative connotation.) i dunno, stout. its a little more brutish than sporty which i think fits with the pony car/muscle car image.

the production car will be unveiled in september. and i believe the first sales will be in jan or feb. itll beat the mustang refresh, and i think the next model year challenger too.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
specifics?

so the mustang and challenger are sinisterly ugly too right?

not so much the body there, but the paint job, dear lord.

I'm also not a huge fan of "classic" look that is becoming popular, then again as I'm sure it has become apparent I'm not a fan of American Muscle, I respect it, but would never own something like that.

However, the annoying thing (to me) is it seems every car company is getting into that trade (starting around '04 '05) and making their cars HUGE and chunky, and full of odd angels and shit. I hate it, a small sedan is now the size of Jupiter, and SUVs just get bigger and uglier as well. Hopefully by the time I start looking for a new car the trend will have shifted, because most new automobiles in the past 2-3 years have been insanely vulgur.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
the retro look is working for me, IF it's done right.

300M = right
Mustang = right
Challenger=Gewd
Mini=gewd (tho i guess it never changed)

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i'm still a big fan of the retro design on the last thunderbird they did. those things look good even now.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
2005-Ford-Thunderbird-50th-Anniversary-1955-1024x768.jpg

Thunderbird has always been one of my favourites.