Car Enthusiast Thread

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Del Sols are in the same category as the New Beetle. Only for homos and women.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
mark-art said:
Agreed. Bangles designs are SLOWLY getting better. I think at first the changes he made were very drastic and caught everyone off guard. And the new M5 does look awesome. I think with the body kit on it better compliments the front headlights than that of the normal 5. And talk about ridiculously fast. Whats cool is that it'll still blend in with everyday cars, but it'll smoke 95% of whats out there. Makes you wonder what mercedes is gonna do with the next E55, or if audi is gonna pump out a new RS6.
Yeah, he really surprised me when I saw his first designs and I just didn't care for them at all. It always looks like the trunk isn't meant to fit on the car. Just a weird design style.

Bakaneiro

Marked Wolf
ORPHEUS said:
WHOA! hold the fuck up.
The only time I saw that Alpha was in a magazine article (that I kept ironicaly) as a concept car. You mean to tell me that that has now moved from concept to production....and still has that beutifull interior and scisor doors!?

Official link please.

That's an awesome car.. and the new alfa 156( called 159) will have that front and powerfull engines (v6-for you americans) -- i know its not much, but here the gas its very expensive.
:blow_top:

That concept will be release at the end of this year, but no scissor doors :smirk:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Bakaneiro said:
That's an awesome car.. and the new alfa 156( called 159) will have that front and powerfull engines (v6-for you americans) -- i know its not much, but here the gas its very expensive.
:blow_top:

That concept will be release at the end of this year, but no scissor doors :smirk:
Well, you don't exactly have to have a top of the line engine in order to have a fun car to drive. Most people forget that good driving is about handling and braking just as much as it's about acceleration.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Well, you don't exactly have to have a top of the line engine in order to have a fun car to drive. Most people forget that good driving is about handling and braking just as much as it's about acceleration.
yeah the SVT was a blast (before its late bout of shitty ford service)
The thing turns like a champ and stops on a dime

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
FatGuy said:
yeah the SVT was a blast (before its late bout of shitty ford service)
The thing turns like a champ and stops on a dime
Exactly. I saw a guy in a red SVT Focus fucking drifting around a corner and then went as fast as shit down the road (he was going 100+). That car can fucking move and handles corners quite nicely.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Exactly. I saw a guy in a red SVT Focus fucking drifting around a corner and then went as fast as shit down the road (he was going 100+). That car can fucking move and handles corners quite nicely.
Well I get it back tomorrow.
They said they adjusted the shift linkage and want me to drive it 500 miles.
sounds like they want to take the cheap way out
After 500 miles if it even feels a little off I'm taking that shit back and telling them to suck my taint.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Spike said:
which model is your favorite? the late 90's model that had turbo? or the current one with the V-8? personally i love them all, and since the audi dealership near me has all assorted models right outside i can drool over them all i want. i just wish i had one. for now i'll have to setlle for the old peugeot 506 turbo i'm looking at getting. oh well

Eric

Fight On!,
Kim _Kaphwan said:

Not until they bring back a retro style Firebird, they won't! :mad:

PS: This is a sweet looking ride.

5.jpg

Too bad they want a boatload of cash for it to cover the parts and restoration. They did more to it than I would ever really need.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Eric said:
Not until they bring back a retro style Firebird, they won't! :mad:
i wanna see a re-styled trans-am myself

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Doesn't look bad, but I still like this year's better, and the yrs before.
The M6 (the ones posted by lets gekiga in) are fugly.

mark-art said:
Heres pics of the next M3 supposedly. Found them at germancarfans.com There make a 4 door and a coupe like they did with the E36 M3. And a V-8 to boot. That car should haul. While not as nice as the E46 M3 imo, it still looks mean and fast.

M3.jpg
[/IMG]
M32.jpg
[/IMG]

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Doesn't look bad, but I still like this year's better, and the yrs before.
The M6 (the ones posted by lets gekiga in) are fugly.
Yeah, like I said previously I wouldn't be getting the M5 or M6 for the looks.

But the performance on those cars are just amazing. 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds. :D

The V10, 7-speed sequential, paddle shifters, and launch control are what makes the M5 and M6 worthy buys.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
What is your favorite current hybrid vehicle?

Ford Escape Hybrid
133 hp
33 mpg city and 29 mpg highway
05.ford.escape.hybrid.f34.500.jpg

Honda Accord Hybrid
255 hp
30 mpg city and 37 mpg highway
HON2004062846130_pv.jpg

Honda Civic Hybrid
85 hp
46 mpg city and 51 mpg highway
172783.1-lg.jpg

Honda Insight
67 hp
60 mpg city and 66 mpg highway
honda-insight.jpg

Lexus RX400h
208 hp
28 mpg city and 30 mpg highway
00000658.jpg

Toyota Prius
76 hp
60 mpg city and 51 mpg highway
g03priusmain.jpg

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, like I said previously I wouldn't be getting the M5 or M6 for the looks.

But the performance on those cars are just amazing. 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds. :D

The V10, 7-speed sequential, paddle shifters, and launch control are what makes the M5 and M6 worthy buys.

That's the problem, I want something nice, that perfoms good. Not something
that perfoms good, but looks like a boat.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I think I would take the Honda Accord Hybrid because having 255 hp and the gas mileage of a Civic must be nice. :D

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Definitely the Accord.

Prius? Ahahahahaha -

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Definitely the Accord.

Prius? Ahahahahaha -
I think the Lexus RX400h is headed in the right direction as well. But yeah, why would I want an egg shaped Prius? :P

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I think the Lexus RX400h is headed in the right direction as well. But yeah, why would I want an egg shaped Prius? :P

The design is horrible, and the car overall is pathetic - I recommend people not to drive that car, ever.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
The design is horrible, and the car overall is pathetic - I recommend people not to drive that car, ever.
Didn't the older Prius actually look a heck of a lot better than the new one? Toyota should quit doing that "OMG IT LOOKZ FUTURISTIC!" shit to that car and just make a Corolla Hybrid as well as a Camry Hybrid.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i like the escape. not because it's especially powerful or fast. but because i know a guy who has a ford escape. and i always loved how the car felt and looked interior wise. it was luxurious, and small, and pretty sweet for a little SUV. and honestly it was really spacious inside. i liked sitting in there because there was plenty of room to goof off with.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i like the escape. not because it's especially powerful or fast. but because i know a guy who has a ford escape. and i always loved how the car felt and looked interior wise. it was luxurious, and small, and pretty sweet for a little SUV. and honestly it was really spacious inside. i liked sitting in there because there was plenty of room to goof off with.
You've been in/seen the Escape Hybrid? I'd like to see one sometime.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
You've been in/seen the Escape Hybrid? I'd like to see one sometime.
it is pretty damn roomy in there, and quite cool. my buddy got the leather seats and black interior and stuff. and it is pretty darn comfy in there. i know the car isn't very powerful or fast. but it's comfortable as all get out.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
it is pretty damn roomy in there, and quite cool. my buddy got the leather seats and black interior and stuff. and it is pretty darn comfy in there. i know the car isn't very powerful or fast. but it's comfortable as all get out.
Yeah, I heard Ford has been doing a better job on their interior as of late. My dad needs something that can tow and he's been thinking about an F-150.