Car Enthusiast Thread

mark-art

NEST Puppet
xtoo_short20x- Have you test drove an M3 yet? A older guy at my school has one and he let me drive it, and its quite an amazing car. The smg gearbox is just freakin awesome. I can't say I have had a better experience in a car. I had an ear to ear grin the whole time i was driving the damn thing. It just accelerates like all hell, and it just pulls you back into the seats. And it handles so damn good like any bmw would. After driving this thing it is somewhat of a dream car. It is a overpriced for sure. Are you buying new/used? I was at my local dealership checking out 7's and gawking at the M3's. The salesguy said that they don't have any more coming in, and whats left is left, cause of the new 3 and stuff. sorry this is long winded, but if you haven't driven one yet, you need to. AMAZING car!!! :buttrock:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Looks beautiful.

I was considering getting a car for one of my brothers, but I can't choose - Peugeot 206 (non RC), or a nice old Civic CRX?

Any comments on these machines?
If you go CRX, make sure to get a CRX Si model. Your brother will appreciate it much! :D

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Looks beautiful.

I was considering getting a car for one of my brothers, but I can't choose - Peugeot 206 (non RC), or a nice old Civic CRX?

Any comments on these machines?
buy me a car dude. i want one!

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Not the new ones.
My friend has and old '97 M3, very nice. He's never had any problems with it
yet, and it has about 85,000 miles on it. He has taken care of it though,
awesome condition. He let me drove it a couple of times and I was hooked.

mark-art said:
xtoo_short20x- Have you test drove an M3 yet? A older guy at my school has one and he let me drive it, and its quite an amazing car. The smg gearbox is just freakin awesome. I can't say I have had a better experience in a car. I had an ear to ear grin the whole time i was driving the damn thing. It just accelerates like all hell, and it just pulls you back into the seats. And it handles so damn good like any bmw would. After driving this thing it is somewhat of a dream car. It is a overpriced for sure. Are you buying new/used? I was at my local dealership checking out 7's and gawking at the M3's. The salesguy said that they don't have any more coming in, and whats left is left, cause of the new 3 and stuff. sorry this is long winded, but if you haven't driven one yet, you need to. AMAZING car!!! :buttrock:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
If you go CRX, make sure to get a CRX Si model. Your brother will appreciate it much! :D

I personally really like the CRX del Sol - the 206 is a relatively nice car, but the CRX still looks more supercar-ish.

Someone offered me a Mazda MX-3 as well... which should I choose? I love the CRX, but I would like to get more opinions as well, especially considering this is a pretty old CRX (92-93), but in great shape.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
A couple of pictures of the CRX previously mentioned -

crx1.jpg

crx2.jpg

crx3.jpg

FUUMA

Marked Wolf
The new M3 should come in about a year or 2 as the new 3 series is set for this spring,(looks great). I have an 04 325cic, love the convertible but definately should have opted for more speed and a hardtop. After I first drove a Bimmer I was hooked. You have the feel of being able to control the vehicle the way you want plus it just is so fun to drive.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
FUUMA said:
The new M3 should come in about a year or 2 as the new 3 series is set for this spring,(looks great). I have an 04 325cic, love the convertible but definately should have opted for more speed and a hardtop. After I first drove a Bimmer I was hooked. You have the feel of being able to control the vehicle the way you want plus it just is so fun to drive.

As long as the M3 stays somewhat true to the old style BMW it should be fine.
If they're going to be anything like the newest series like I mentioned above,
forget it.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
It's a VTi.
ugh, it's a del-sol. those are such chick cars. mexicans and teenage girls drive those here. it's like not socially acceptable unless you are gay, a girl, or from south of the border. get him the peugeot.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
ugh, it's a del-sol. those are such chick cars. mexicans and teenage girls drive those here. it's like not socially acceptable unless you are gay, a girl, or from south of the border. get him the peugeot.
As much as some people say the del Sol is a "chick car" the SiR version actually has around 165 hp if I remember right. That's definitely a pretty fast car.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:

That's right, it's a del Sol.

You seriously believe the standard 1.4lt 206 is better? The 206 is 75HP, while the del Sol is 160HP as far as I know.

Any comments on the MX-3?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
That's right, it's a del Sol.

You seriously believe the standard 1.4lt 206 is better? The 206 is 75HP, while the del Sol is 160HP as far as I know.

Any comments on the MX-3?
i know the del sol has more power it's just that i've always hated the car. now doesn't the MX-3 have a V-6? i mean that right there should tell you to go for it. they have like 114 HP stock. a few basic mods and the thing should be a little menace. go for the MX-3, mod it a bit, put a mazdaspeed thing on there just for looks and kick ass. and i didn't know the del-sol was 160 stock... that's pretty wacky. i think i might be starting to like a car i thought i hated.

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Bakaneiro said:
The NEW alfa romeo.

ALFAROMEO-brera-top-300-201.jpg

alfa_brera_002.jpg

WHOA! hold the fuck up.
The only time I saw that Alpha was in a magazine article (that I kept ironicaly) as a concept car. You mean to tell me that that has now moved from concept to production....and still has that beutifull interior and scisor doors!?

Official link please.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i know the del sol has more power it's just that i've always hated the car. now doesn't the MX-3 have a V-6? i mean that right there should tell you to go for it. they have like 114 HP stock. a few basic mods and the thing should be a little menace. go for the MX-3, mod it a bit, put a mazdaspeed thing on there just for looks and kick ass. and i didn't know the del-sol was 160 stock... that's pretty wacky. i think i might be starting to like a car i thought i hated.
I don't think that the American one can actually get 160 stock. That's just the SiR versions overseas. We normally get screwed on the performance market because most Americans believe that people shouldn't pay 25k+ for a small sporty type car like a Civic Type R or a Ford Focus RS.

mark-art

NEST Puppet
Heres pics of the next M3 supposedly. Found them at germancarfans.com There make a 4 door and a coupe like they did with the E36 M3. And a V-8 to boot. That car should haul. While not as nice as the E46 M3 imo, it still looks mean and fast.

M3.jpg
[/IMG]
M32.jpg
[/IMG]

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Damn, that new M3 looks to be very good.

I'm also excited about the M5 and M6 though. V10, 7 speed (like an F1 car), paddle shifters and launch control. They're both F1 cars basically!

M5
2018-1.jpg

2018-5.jpg

M6
2168-1.jpg

2168-2.jpg

I still dislike Bangle's designs, but they are slowly getting better.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I don't think that the American one can actually get 160 stock. That's just the SiR versions overseas. We normally get screwed on the performance market because most Americans believe that people shouldn't pay 25k+ for a small sporty type car like a Civic Type R or a Ford Focus RS.
well that's slowly changing... slowly. but you're right, most americans are idiots when it comes to cars. then again i was never a huge fan of the japanese tuners to begin with. for the most part they just look too goofy for me. i prefer the long, wide, steel body of an american musclecar, or the just intensly fine-tuned speed of a european machine... or the quirky goofiness of stuff like the renault 5 turbo, or the AMC gremlin.

mark-art

NEST Puppet
Lets Gekiga In said:
I still dislike Bangle's designs, but they are slowly getting better.

Agreed. Bangles designs are SLOWLY getting better. I think at first the changes he made were very drastic and caught everyone off guard. And the new M5 does look awesome. I think with the body kit on it better compliments the front headlights than that of the normal 5. And talk about ridiculously fast. Whats cool is that it'll still blend in with everyday cars, but it'll smoke 95% of whats out there. Makes you wonder what mercedes is gonna do with the next E55, or if audi is gonna pump out a new RS6.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member