Car Enthusiast Thread

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
twalden said:
I blew the MAF sensor in my Maxima for the 4th time last week. I guess it's back to the stock intake for good :mad:
another thing i hate about newer cars: all the sensors and computer crap. gimme a carburetor and a 440 air filter over a throttlebody and a cool air intake.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've always loved the '68-'76 BMW 1600i, 2002 and 2002tii. After graduation I'll be picking one up. There's tons of fansites out there and I've driven the hell out of all the ones that have passed through the shop I work at (apologies to my customers).

It's rather a cult car, similar to how neo geo is a cult system.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
After driving a VW, I won't get anything else.

cheap, well built, great on gas.

Owned - Jaguar XJ6, Cadillac CTS, Cadillac STS, Mitsubishi Lancer, Mitsubishi Montero Sport...

thundr51

Bead Banger
mycelica.jpg

Yeah it's not the fastest thing on 4 wheels and it doesn't have 400 horses under the hood but I'm really enjoying this thing. I really wanted the GT4 but they don't sell them in the states.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
07_shelby_gt500_front_quarter_small.jpg

07_shelby_gt500_rt_rear_small.jpg

Supposedly, on ford's site they had some rough specs of it, and it uses a supercharged 5.4l to produce "over 450hp and over 450lb/ft of torque". I think they took them down though, cause I can't find them now.

Matt

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Very very awesome. I'm a huge fan of the new Mustang. :D
Force said:
Supposedly, on ford's site they had some rough specs of it, and it uses a supercharged 5.4l to produce "over 450hp and over 450lb/ft of torque". I think they took them down though, cause I can't find them now.

Matt

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
BMW M3 Coupe or BMW 330CI Coupe ?

M3 = Expensier & Faster
330CI = Less expensive & Slower

I only want a quality BMW two door.

Do BMW keep their value over time?

Don't like the convertibles, so don't answer with "Get the convertible instead"

I was going to get an Audi A4, but will pass on them, I like BMW better.

Btw, I hate the new 5, 6, 7, BMW series. If the 3 series or the M series change
look, I will not buy one, will probably get Audi instead.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
A VW Corrado VR-6 with just minimal upgrades ( chip, MAS, exhaust ) is a beast. By far my favorite VW ever made.

Out of all the cars I've ever owned my favorite was probably my 85 BMW 318i. Thing had almost 225k miles on it when I bought it for $2500. In the 3 years I kept it I put nearly 75k more miles on it and nothing ever broke. Just changed the oil and replaced the break pads once. The 80's models BMWs were built to last. Some asshole in a Explorer ran a red light and killed it.
:(

Old BMWs > New BMWs

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
BMW M3 Coupe or BMW 330CI Coupe ?

M3 = Expensier & Faster
330CI = Less expensive & Slower
I only want a quality BMW two door.
Do BMW keep their value over time?

Personaly, I think the American M3's are very overpriced. Our smog laws force them to kill off ALOT of HP that the euro versions have.

For cheaper than a new M3 you could get a mint cond. 8-series. They're rather bland looking, but they'll dust any M3 stock. Things are fast as hell.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm a fan of older BMWs as well. The only new BMWs I'm even interested in is the M5 and M6 and that's not because of their looks.
Abasuto said:
A VW Corrado VR-6 with just minimal upgrades ( chip, MAS, exhaust ) is a beast. By far my favorite VW ever made.

Out of all the cars I've ever owned my favorite was probably my 85 BMW 318i. Thing had almost 225k miles on it when I bought it for $2500. In the 3 years I kept it I put nearly 75k more miles on it and nothing ever broke. Just changed the oil and replaced the break pads once. The 80's models BMWs were built to last. Some asshole in a Explorer ran a red light and killed it.
:(

Old BMWs > New BMWs

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Lets Gekiga In said:
Have you thought about getting a diesel Golf? They're really neat cars, and I think it was Abasuto (was it?) who mentioned getting a computer chip in a Golf diesel getting around 125 hp? Very efficient with fuel and sporty too. :D

I'll most definitely keep diesels in mind when I start searching.

An older 3 Series BMW is another option, heard nothing but good things. I'm in agreement about the current model 5-7 series being ugly as shit. The headlights make me sick.

Also, pretty much any 8 series is pure sex.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
thundr51 said:
mycelica.jpg

Yeah it's not the fastest thing on 4 wheels and it doesn't have 400 horses under the hood but I'm really enjoying this thing. I really wanted the GT4 but they don't sell them in the states.

GTS?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I like the older BMW's too. But would like to get a new one, and I too agree,
M3's are way overpriced, that's one of the things keeping me away from it.
Also insurance it's hard to get I guess for the M3's. I called two insurance places
where I have friends, and I have a clean DMV record, they wouldn't accept
a M3 though.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
I like the older BMW's too. But would like to get a new one, and I too agree,
M3's are way overpriced, that's one of the things keeping me away from it.
Also insurance it's hard to get I guess for the M3's. I called two insurance places
where I have friends, and I have a clean DMV record, they wouldn't accept
a M3 though.

Have you considered an Audi S4?

Eric

Fight On!,
I'm deciding between a Hyundai Tiburon or a Mazda3.

Opinions? Driven either one?

Or any other cars in the price range (don't go higher, I'm putting a cap on that)

In the end, I may just go with the one that has cheaper insurance.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Eric said:
I'm deciding between a Hyundai Tiburon or a Mazda3.

Opinions? Driven either one?

Or any other cars in the price range (don't go higher, I'm putting a cap on that)

In the end, I may just go with the one that has cheaper insurance.
Thought about a Toyota Corolla XRS? 170 hp and six speed manual tranny. I test drove one and it's definitely a car I'm interested in buying. :D

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
A car enthusiast thread eh? Not too bad, lets see how long it lasts.

As much as I want to have the Lancia Delta S4 as a car, it would be near impossible to find one, let alone pay the ridiculous amount of money it sells for. The next best thing would be the 4 time championship winner: the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. I was thinking about getting the 8, but after hearing about the annoncement of the Evo 9, i'll think i'll wait till it comes out so I can get it. I just hope the insurance doesn't kill me by the time I can get one.It would be a nice step up from the beater i'm currently driving (a '94 Camry).

thundr51

Bead Banger
Spike said:

Naw, just a GT. Couldn't find a GTS in decent shape locally. The closest one in decent (not even good) shape was at least 500 miles away. I've heard the insurance on the GTS is expensive. Still, would've been nice to have the extra ponies.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Spike said:
Have you considered an Audi S4?
YES! another S4 fan here?! i love those cars with such a deep admiration it's not funny. i literally drool everytime i go past the audi dealership near me. they're such badass rides. oh i love the S4.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
ferrarimanf355 said:
What. The. Hell. I prefer the old IS, kthxbye. :conf:
Anytime I say anything looks good you turn around and say it looks horrible. Ass. ;)

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Lets Gekiga In said:
Anytime I say anything looks good you turn around and say it looks horrible. Ass. ;)
I never noticed that.
Anyways, give me a Corvette C6 coupe (regular or Z06), and I'll die a happy man. :buttrock:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
ferrarimanf355 said:
I never noticed that.
Anyways, give me a Corvette C6 coupe (regular or Z06), and I'll die a happy man. :buttrock:
Finally something we can agree on! Yes, I'd love a C6 Corvette Z06.

500 hp and dry sump? This is a race car! :drool: