Car Enthusiast Thread

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Pontiac Solstice orders should be going in today. So if you really want one, I suggest to head to a Pontiac dealership pronto!

1000331.jpg

http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/pontiac/pontiac_solstice_2006_01_b.jpg

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
I went to a Porsche dealer today and sat in a Boxster S. Yep. This is my dream car. I'm in love. :buttrock:
I also picked up brochures for the Boxster and 911. Let me tell you something, these things are books - both of 'em are 155 pages long! :eek_2:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Good times dude, I've actually thought about a slightly older 911 like somewhere around a 1998 one. :D

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
what you should do is look at companies like edelbrock and other american parts makers. they manfacture parts for most american cars even your oldsmobile achieva. i'd assume it has a V-6 or V-8. a simple mod you can do that wont cost more than about $800 would be to get headers, new catbacks, and exhaust pipes. those mods right there would give you about 15-20 more horses under the hood easily. and if you really wanted to go all out exhaust wise port and polish your exhaust tips and valves then you'd get a big boost. and that's not that expensive either. you can also replace your air filter with a cone shaped air intake with a heat sheild so that it takes in only cold air. also look into a newer larger carburetor, super charger, or throttlebody kit dependent upon what your car has.

v-6 only came in the SC and SCX i believe. I sport an 'S' model which has a Quad 4 engine respectively. These were widely used in early-mid 90's cavaliers and other GM sedans. I still can't find anything for the quad-4 engine. I'll keep an eye out though

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
v-6 only came in the SC and SCX i believe. I sport an 'S' model which has a Quad 4 engine respectively. These were widely used in early-mid 90's cavaliers and other GM sedans. I still can't find anything for the quad-4 engine. I'll keep an eye out though
is it a straight 4 or is it a turned 4? meaning is it front wheel or rear wheel drive? cause you can get headers for either one they'd just be different style headers. but for a quad-4 engine i dunno. that might really take some looking. i was hoping you'd have a V-6 or V-8 cause edelbrock makes most parts for V-6's and 8's compatible with most american models.

hey i found something:
http://www.mantapart.com/olds23.html

Last edited:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
1967 Ferrari 330/P4

4lt V12 engine, 450bhp. Top Speed - 210mph.

P4.jpg

P4_en.jpg

Seriously, an amazing, classic machine.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Tony_N said:
BMW M1.

(click for high res)

Great pictures!

Lets Gekiga In said:
I think I'm in love. :drool: :drool_2:

Haha, one of my favourite cars ever. Makes me recall the Mach5 :buttrock:

---

Here we have a pretty unique machine as well...

moroder5.jpg

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
that BMW m1 reminds me of a delorian... dunno why, but i just see a bit of that beautiful machine in it.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Petrolheads - What do you personally consider as the cars with best interiors/comfort overall?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Petrolheads - What do you personally consider as the cars with best interiors/comfort overall?
best interior of a car i've ridden in was my mom's lincoln navigator. that thing was very very nice. super roomy, heated leather seats, lots of head and legroom, cupholders everywhere (big ones too) plenty of room to almost walk around in there. then the DVD player and little screen made it that much cooler. AC vents everywhere. it was very sweet. sadly the thing was read ended by a big old chevy silverado and totalled, never saw that lovely beast again.

now as for cars i haven't ridden in i'd have to say the maybach tops my list. the fridge, the screens, the dvd player, the tons of legroom between front and backseats. it's all there in that thing.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I personally believe that the BMW and Mercedes Benz cars are the most comfortable and have the best interior - just for sitting/driving. Never watched DVDs in a car, haha.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Pick the winner:

2006 Corvette Z06 vs. 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe

Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2193-2.jpg

Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
2185-1.jpg

Man, this would be such a good race. :drool:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Z06 for me.
most definatly. give the two an actual race course and the vette will own the viper. the viper can't handle, the viper is just a drag car, pure and simple. the vette on the other hand has a real rough and tumble suspension built to handle curves and hairpins like a pro. give me the vette and you'll give me a real race machine. give me the viper and you'll give me a high dollar hunk of metal with a big engine.