Car Enthusiast Thread

Robert

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i don't know man. i saw a ford GT a few weeks back and that's a pretty rare sight too. but not as cool to me as the clio.

Of course the ford GT is a rare sight but the Clio V6 is not even sold in the USA, and from what I have heard from the French Renault Sport Owners club, none of them were officially sold to the USA.

I'm quite sure there are less than 10 models in the whole USA.

BTW, it was a phase 1 or phase 2 model??

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Robert said:
Of course the ford GT is a rare sight but the Clio V6 is not even sold in the USA, and from what I have heard from the French Renault Sport Owners club, none of them were officially sold to the USA.

I'm quite sure there are less than 10 models in the whole USA.

BTW, it was a phase 1 or phase 2 model??
it was like the one on the renault website with the humps on the fenders and all. but it was a darker shade of blue. and i really wish i had a camera to show you. it was just infinatley badass.

Robert

20 Year Member
Ok so if it was like the one on the renault website then it must be phase 2 (phase 1 stopped to be produced a couple of year ago).
Hopefully for the owners, he bought a phase 2.
I told you than phase 2 is a wild horse, but phase 1 is like russian roulette.

Sebastien Loeb, when it test drove it for the election of the 2000 sport car made by the famous french magazine Echappement (exhaust in enlish) said that you know how you enter the corner but you never know how you'll leave it.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
I never thought a car could be fat, but sure enough, the fiat multipla has a huge fatroll on top the bonnet. Ugh.
fiat_multipla.jpg

Robert

20 Year Member
I'd like to bring this kind of shit to Magny Cours just to see how much corners it takes for the car to reverse or the brake to completely fade.

More seriously, If your only aim is to transport 6 peoples (two rows of three seats, that the clever point) at reasonnable price and with confort and space luggage, it's good material.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Anybody from Europe thought about getting a Lancia Delta Integrale? Man, I really wish I could buy one. It'd be so fun to see the look on people's faces when I whoop their Camaro or Mustang with a small hatchback. ;)

Robert

20 Year Member
Not bad as you said.

Could you please explain all the mods made in your car?

Now concerning the Delta integrale, it was a tremendous rally beast but we tend to see them rarely now in the rally special (in France at least). The reliability issue (italian cars and reliability used to be two different worlds) is certainly a cause.
It still a pretty exclusive and fast hatchback.

wrx2hot4u

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks, Thats a pic I took with my phone when I parked at work.

Power: 189kw

Mods

3" Turbo Back Exh
HKS Pod Filter/ Cold Air Intake
Modded STI TMIC
VF28 Turbo
Apexi Computer
Apexi Electronic Boost Controller - 18psi
HKS Turbo Timer
GFB External Wastegate
GFB Stealth FX BOV
Tein Adjustable Suspension
Sway Bars
Strut Brace
17" HR Racing Rims
4 pot Brakes with RB74 Pads and Slotted Rotors

Thats off the top of my head :) I have just added stuff bit by bit. Im taking it to Eastern Creek in a few weeks and take it down the quarter. Not sure how I will go but bound to find out. :multi_co:

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
I'd love to have an original Delta Integrale in nice condition. Like Robert said there's the reliability issue.. still they are tempting though.

That's a very nice Impreza wrx2hot4u!
I even prefer that old Impreza look to the new.. in some ways.

Robert

20 Year Member
That's serious material WRX2hot4u.

Do you bring it to the track sometimes or it's just a daily drive??

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Robert said:
Not bad as you said.

Could you please explain all the mods made in your car?

Now concerning the Delta integrale, it was a tremendous rally beast but we tend to see them rarely now in the rally special (in France at least). The reliability issue (italian cars and reliability used to be two different worlds) is certainly a cause.
It still a pretty exclusive and fast hatchback.
I actually saw quite a few of them up for sale on eBay Motors UK. Do you know or know someone who knows if it is possible to import one to the U.S.?

Robert

20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I actually saw quite a few of them up for sale on eBay Motors UK. Do you know or know someone who knows if it is possible to import one to the U.S.?

The main problem is not to send it to the US but to make it compliant for all the US laws (pollution,etc..). The car was never designed to make it to the US for I don't even know if it's possible.
Perhaps there is a lancia owners club in the US, you should ask them.

wrx2hot4u

Kuroko's Training Dummy
WR33XY

I luv the Old shape WRX like mine rather then the newer ones. My mate has imported a few 2.5L STi enignes from the states but I haven't thought about changing the engine jut yet.

Yep just a daily driver at the moment but I hope to make it to Eastern Creek for some 1/4 runs or even to Wakefield Park Way for some laps.
Once the turbo is run in abit more and I go to a front mount intercooler I intend on winding that boost up :)

Maybe I should show you the pic I took with my phone when I was doing 200km/h and nearlly lost it, and I know what your thinking and yes it was because I took the dam pic and hit a pot hole in the road :help: , nearlly came unstuck. Had 3 mates in the car as ya do. Never thought for 1 sec about there lives. Not one of my best moments but looking at my mate in the passenger seat next to holding on for grim life was pretty funny and we all joke about it now. I think he left his nails inbedded in the arm rest LOL

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Robert said:
The main problem is not to send it to the US but to make it compliant for all the US laws (pollution,etc..). The car was never designed to make it to the US for I don't even know if it's possible.
Perhaps there is a lancia owners club in the US, you should ask them.
Yeah, I need to look out for that. I heard that once a car ages past the 25 year old point the pollution laws, crash safety and whatnot does not matter anymore.

Robert

20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, I need to look out for that. I heard that once a car ages past the 25 year old point the pollution laws, crash safety and whatnot does not matter anymore.

I don't know how it works in the US but in France you can register a car in two different ways:
-As a "normal" car and then it has to be compliant for all the actual street regulations (pollution, safety,etc...)
-As a classic car and then these regulations don't have to be followed. The down side of this is that you have a limited amount of kilometers allowed per year and many restrictions of this kind.

Perhaps you have a system like this in the US.
In fact you must have a registration system for old cars since many classics are sold to US buyers in the whole Europe.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Robert said:
I don't know how it works in the US but in France you can register a car in two different ways:
-As a "normal" car and then it has to be compliant for all the actual street regulations (pollution, safety,etc...)
-As a classic car and then these regulations don't have to be followed. The down side of this is that you have a limited amount of kilometers allowed per year and many restrictions of this kind.

Perhaps you have a system like this in the US.
In fact you must have a registration system for old cars since many classics are sold to US buyers in the whole Europe.
we have that here, it's called filing for collector car insurance. your car first off must qualify as a collector car. which the requirements are the car must be more than 20 years old, it must also be rust free or have very little rust, the engine must be original and still in good working order through and through, any modifications to the engine must be stated so that the insurance company can tack on their value to the car's value, and the interior must be immaculate. with all the requirements met you get a black license plate here that says the cars year then says "Texas Collector Car" and the license number as it would have been put in the car's day. i know a guy who has a 1964 ford thunderbird that qualified for collector car insurance. and according to it he's only allowed to drive the car 2-3 times a week. and the rest of the time he keeps it in his garage. insurance companies like to insure older cars, since they don't have to pay out as much in the event of an emergency. but when an older car that has been completely restored and is in beautiful shape gets insurance it's value is significantly more than an unrestored version of that same car. and the insurance company has to pay that in the event of an emergency.

a great example of this is the wreck i saw a while back. my friend jake drove a 1974 chevy nova SS that he'd completely restored with his dad and yet since it was his daily driver he couldn't get the collector car insurance. even though the thing was in immaculate condition it still didn't matter as the car was driven daily and not garage kept. he got in a wreck in this car a couple years after getting it. and sure there wasn't much damage to his car as it was a solid steel blue machine. but the other car was pretty banged up. and after insurance claims were filed jake found that the maximum his company would give him if the car was totalled was about $1200 on a car that was worth a lot more, hell he'd payed more than that for all of the modifications he put on there. so he garaged it and invested in a 1998 chevy S-10 and now only drives the nova on sundays. it's got a black 1974 Texas Collector Car license plate on it now. he learned his lesson.

Robert

20 Year Member
Thanks Kim for all the infos.

Now speaking about importing a car, you should also check two very important things:
-Who will make the maintenance?
-How will you find the spare parts?

Sometimes those problem can be worse than importing the car itself.
An other thing to check is the octane ratio, perhaps that the Delta can't run with US gas.

Importing a car is a tough and long way, I wanted to import a honda EK9 from japan for a while but I gave up because it was too difficult.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Robert said:
Thanks Kim for all the infos.

Now speaking about importing a car, you should also check two very important things:
-Who will make the maintenance?
-How will you find the spare parts?

Sometimes those problem can be worse than importing the car itself.
An other thing to check is the octane ratio, perhaps that the Delta can't run with US gas.

Importing a car is a tough and long way, I wanted to import a honda EK9 from japan for a while but I gave up because it was too difficult.
The easiest part is the maintenance as well as the spare parts, at least in my situation. I know of a guy who has a shop that'd dedicated to Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Fiat. So that shouldn't be too much of a problem, but then I'd have to worry about gas, I'm pretty sure. I imagine the Delta Integrale would take premium.

Robert

20 Year Member
The M6 is a killer (coupe or convertible). It has the awesome M motorsport V10 and the engineers made it more edgy and with a deeper sound than the M5.
I would be confused to choose between the coupe and the convertible. Coupe is lighter and stiffer, Convertible allow you to enjoy the open air exhaust concerto.

wrx2hot4u

Kuroko's Training Dummy
BMW

Yeah thats not a bad BMW :cool:

I would prefer however a Cosworth Sierra :drool_2: mmm getin a hard on just thinkin about it. I luv the one in Getaway in Stockhome.

sweeeeet, fav part is where Mr X or Z whoever it was ran off the edge and just gets out and walks away with not a care in the world. lol

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Robert said:
The M6 is a killer (coupe or convertible). It has the awesome M motorsport V10 and the engineers made it more edgy and with a deeper sound than the M5.
I would be confused to choose between the coupe and the convertible. Coupe is lighter and stiffer, Convertible allow you to enjoy the open air exhaust concerto.
Yeah, having a convertible with a V10 in it is insane. And then you get the launch control and 7 speed sequential gearbox. :drool:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Tuning

For tuners

I was thinking about over the summer upgrading my Achieva's power nothing real costly but id like to add some quality performance parts to maybe add some ponies or improve the mileage. Problem is i can't find a website that has lists of compatible parts for Achievas. Though i'm guessing there isn't much, but if you guys can point me in the right direction itd be apreciated

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
For tuners

I was thinking about over the summer upgrading my Achieva's power nothing real costly but id like to add some quality performance parts to maybe add some ponies or improve the mileage. Problem is i can't find a website that has lists of compatible parts for Achievas. Though i'm guessing there isn't much, but if you guys can point me in the right direction itd be apreciated
what you should do is look at companies like edelbrock and other american parts makers. they manfacture parts for most american cars even your oldsmobile achieva. i'd assume it has a V-6 or V-8. a simple mod you can do that wont cost more than about $800 would be to get headers, new catbacks, and exhaust pipes. those mods right there would give you about 15-20 more horses under the hood easily. and if you really wanted to go all out exhaust wise port and polish your exhaust tips and valves then you'd get a big boost. and that's not that expensive either. you can also replace your air filter with a cone shaped air intake with a heat sheild so that it takes in only cold air. also look into a newer larger carburetor, super charger, or throttlebody kit dependent upon what your car has.