Car Enthusiast Thread

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i love BMW fanatics, they're like fans of the miami dolphins. they believe in something that has it's awesome moments but over all is just kinda there and never seems to stand out all too much. i like em not for the cars (never was into bimmers) but for the fact that they'll stick by em through thick and thin. very loyal people those BMW people.

oh and in other news the isuzu trooper i got for free... i'm looking to sell it as i found the off roader i really want for sale today by some old lady A 1975 INTERNATIONAL SCOUT II :buttrock:

Awesome, you actually found a Scout II? :buttrock:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Awesome, you actually found a Scout II? :buttrock:
oh hell yeah man. i found one in my friend's neighborhood with a for sale sign on it. bright yellow with white stripes down the side and a gunrack on the inside. the car is in cherry shape and i've talked to her about it. i really want it but i gotta sell the trooper first. to build up the funding for such a beast!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i love BMW fanatics, they're like fans of the miami dolphins. they believe in something that has it's awesome moments but over all is just kinda there and never seems to stand out all too much. i like em not for the cars (never was into bimmers) but for the fact that they'll stick by em through thick and thin. very loyal people those BMW people.

oh and in other news the isuzu trooper i got for free... i'm looking to sell it as i found the off roader i really want for sale today by some old lady A 1975 INTERNATIONAL SCOUT II :buttrock:

The thin part I;ll have to disagree with. My dads Z3 has yet to have a single problem and is at 45-50k miles.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
oh hell yeah man. i found one in my friend's neighborhood with a for sale sign on it. bright yellow with white stripes down the side and a gunrack on the inside. the car is in cherry shape and i've talked to her about it. i really want it but i gotta sell the trooper first. to build up the funding for such a beast!
Well, once you get the Scout II be sure to post pictures! :buttrock:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Well, once you get the Scout II be sure to post pictures! :buttrock:
hopefully it doesn't sell before the isuzu does. i would be majorly bummed.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i've been reading up on how to make my 3.4 60v6 a total beast (you know with a beastly 200hp)

mad fucking involved.

tons of parts off 3100 and 3400, intake manifold, tb, heads, pistons, headers, p&p, etc.

seems like itd be easier and quicker to use that time at a job and save for an lt1/ls1 car.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
not sonic said:
i've been reading up on how to make my 3.4 60v6 a total beast (you know with a beastly 200hp)

mad fucking involved.

tons of parts off 3100 and 3400, intake manifold, tb, heads, pistons, headers, p&p, etc.

seems like itd be easier and quicker to use that time at a job and save for an lt1/ls1 car.
bore, port, polish, shave. remember that. it will get you a huge amount of NA horsepower, more displacement, more liter usage, and a cooler sound. you bore the shafts, port and polish the exhaust manifold, shave the heads, and whammy you're flying.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
thats all well and good, but the bottle neck is the intake manifold :crying:

if this wasnt my daily driver, and the middle of winter, and i had some money, i might do it.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
not sonic said:
thats all well and good, but the bottle neck is the intake manifold :crying:

if this wasnt my daily driver, and the middle of winter, and i had some money, i might do it.

Think of the engine as a large air pump - the more air it flows, the more power...

Bore that shit out!

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
the 3.4 is a stroked/bored 2.8

there isnt really anywhere to bore

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
not sonic said:
the 3.4 is a stroked/bored 2.8

there isnt really anywhere to bore

I'm pretty sure they used the aluminum block with steel inserts. There isn't much to be done to increase displacement outside of new cylinder heads.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
actively looking, no. im a poor ass college student.

now and then ill hit up autotrader just to see.
check out ta's and z28/ss's atleast once a month looking for that killer deal that even if it came up i couldnt pay for it.

if i could get one on a payment plan then id be all over it like dash on mike's.

you can bore a 3.4l to 3.54l.

heads increase the 3.4l from 3.35l to 3.4l. but mess with the cr, so you need pistons too.

its a mess and most likely not worth it. i might do it just for the learning experience.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Does anyone have any knowledge on a K-Series swap into an EJ2?

I'm really close to buying one, but I know I can't do the swap alone...

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
for some reason whenever i envision an engine swap i always get the feeling of a shitty hackjob thatll have problems.

every time i consider dropping in an ls1 i get this feeling.

oh well :emb:

and its not like i dont know that dropping in engines is a common practice and really not too dificult to do, i just get this feeling ;[.

i sure as hell couldnt afford to get it done professionally.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
not sonic said:
for some reason whenever i envision an engine swap i always get the feeling of a shitty hackjob thatll have problems.

every time i consider dropping in an ls1 i get this feeling.

oh well :emb:

and its not like i dont know that dropping in engines is a common practice and really not too dificult to do, i just get this feeling ;[.

i sure as hell couldnt afford to get it done professionally.

Dude, I get the same feeling...

I see the magazine cars that have that shit professionally done and just wish there were a shop around here that did that kind of work.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Post your best Gran Turismo 4 times!

Machine Test 0-400m: Las Vegas Drag Strip
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evo2 Rally Car '86 - 0'08.739

As soon as I make some more track records I'll be sure to post those. My favorite track happens to be Suzuka. :cool:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
TonK said:
Does anyone have any knowledge on a K-Series swap into an EJ2?

I'm really close to buying one, but I know I can't do the swap alone...
K series is the prelude engine right? i know my friend has a prelude and he talks about his car a bunch but i never listen to him all that much. i can't offer much advice there. then again most of us here aren't big on hondas

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:

As soon as I make some more track records I'll be sure to post those. My favorite track happens to be Suzuka. :cool:

whats your HP limit cause I could just go bust out the formula 1 GT4 car and whomp that time ^^

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
whats your HP limit cause I could just go bust out the formula 1 GT4 car and whomp that time ^^
i need to win some of these badass cars so i can win some of those tough 24 hour races which i'm not going to drive myself. and the car i used each time never seems to do the damn thing right (nissan R92CP) so i need some crazy badass ride

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
fuck my friend and his v8 and his elitest asshole attitude. :mad_2:

every time i have anything in mind for my car (even if its not some kind of 'performance' mod, i get shit.

im a poser with a v6 :oh_no:

:crying:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:

I ALREADY BESTED ONE OF MY TIMES! :buttrock:

Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85 - 0'08.446

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
guess ill be busting in my GT4 tonight.

Anyone have Initial D for Ps2? I wanted to challenge some times...