Car Enthusiast Thread

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
I'm convinced that this thread is full of a bunch of Meathead, power hungry faux car Enthusiasts

We don't want you to feel intimidated Norton.

You can start a "greeny-weenie" car thread if you wish full of 4 bangers and cars that run on cow poop.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
We don't want you to feel intimidated Norton.

You can start a "greeny-weenie" car thread if you wish full of 4 bangers and cars that run on cow poop.
well a question for you norton: wasn't one of the main goals of automobile production since it first started out to make a mode of transportation faster than a horse and buggy with enough speed and power to cover a lot more distance and discover what is beyond where feet and hooves can take you? i mean henry ford would take his model T's out into the wilderness just to see what was out there, karl benz took his motor wagens to other towns all over germany just so he could say he was from a town 40 miles away and he'd travelled the distance much faster than anyone had before. the era before cars, before power, before speed was a time when a guy would travel maybe 15 miles his whole life. but when the tin lizzies came onto the market, when the cadillacs rolled out of detroit and the mercedes came out of germany people realized that there was a world to explore, an engine to retool and tinker on and a whole new mountain to climb. the automobile is something designed to be faster, to do more, to be more, to go more, and to keep doing so. and to say that being power hungry is "meatheaded" is just plain wrong. it was that hunger for power that got you a hundred or so horses under the hood, that got you from point a to point b and that is now working on ways to conserve resources without losing that desire. the first time i went over 100 miles an hour in my uncle's corvette i realized that there is a way to go faster, that there is a speed to shoot for, and a way to reach that speed quicker. i'm not saying the hybrids and petrol savers are a bad thing they just aren't my thing. i'm not at home until i'm hitting 130 flying down interstate 35 at 1 am chasing the very wind that blows and hearing my V8 purring into the night.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
someones gotta have the camaro pics. :crying:

and i fucked up my car worse than i thought :mad:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member

Hideaway Hardtop: Upcoming BMW 3 Series cabrio to feature retractable roof
AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 12/7/05
Add BMW to the growing list of automakers switching to retractable hardtops for their next-generation convertibles. Clearly visible in this spy shot of the 2007 3 Series convertible is a three-part retractable steel roof.

Look for the convertible to get sportier front styling when it debuts about a year after the coupe, which bows at the Geneva motor show next March. Upcoming models also featuring convertible hardtops include the Volvo C70, Volkswagen Eos and Chrysler’s next-generation Sebring convertible.

Source: AutoWeek

Lets Gekiga In said:
Yep, those are definitely the pics previously posted. Good job finding them, sonic!

Well, at least it looks like the 2009 Camaro will have an independent rear suspension, which is always a good thing. :D

I just hope that GM does not screw up with this new Camaro.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
Yep, the Silvia is just a fun and beautiful car. I also wish that it was sold here in the US. Too bad that Nissan is no longer producing Silvias. :crying:
This may be some wacky idea, but I honestly think that Nissan of America could sell S15 Silvias (brand new of course, but to U.S. emissions standards, etc.) to the U.S. market as 2007 models. :loco:

Lets Gekiga In said:
This may be some wacky idea, but I honestly think that Nissan of America could sell S15 Silvias (brand new of course, but to U.S. emissions standards, etc.) to the U.S. market as 2007 models. :loco:

What a wacky coincidence.

Last week, I was considering in writing a petition to Nissan Motors of N. A. to bring a new Silvia to the U.S. :kekeke:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Well, at least it looks like the 2009 Camaro will have an independent rear suspension, which is always a good thing. :D

I just hope that GM does not screw up with this new Camaro.

i dont think they've every really screwed up with the fbody.

they've always been better than their most direct competition, mustangs, in terms of performace.

the only thing i think they need to do is give the RS a beefier v6. 3800II is a good engine, but the 3.4l was/is pathetic :crying:

and marketing.

marketing is a big deal.

gm has to want people to want a camaro, and sell it as its own car rather than a corvette for those with a lower income. :emb:

not sonic said:
i dont think they've every really screwed up with the fbody.

they've always been better than their most direct competition, mustangs, in terms of performace.

the only thing i think they need to do is give the RS a beefier v6. 3800II is a good engine, but the 3.4l was/is pathetic :crying:

and marketing.

marketing is a big deal.

gm has to want people to want a camaro, and sell it as its own car rather than a corvette for those with a lower income. :emb:

True, but having a car as long as the Cadillac Fleetwood and then the ugly Rubbermaid interior are considered screwed up to me.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
True, but having a car as long as the Cadillac Fleetwood and then the ugly Rubbermaid interior are considered screwed up to me.

That's because it was a re-badged Buick. :chimp:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i like my plastic interior :emb:.

name one non-cheesey GM interior, really.

i wonder why its not all vinyl sometimes. :(

not sonic said:
i like my plastic interior :emb:.

name one non-cheesey GM interior, really.

i wonder why its not all vinyl sometimes. :(

The new Corvette's interior, specially the Z06's interior. :smirk:

And don't forget Saab's interiors to name a few.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
LOL, what are you calling a rebadged Buick? (The Fleetwood or the Camaro :loco: )

The Fleetwood silly! I love the GM hodge-podge that makes up that car.

S-10 front end, corporate rear axle, Buick suspension etc..

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
The new Corvette's interior, specially the Z06's interior. :smirk:

And don't forget Saab's interiors to name a few.

i have yet to see one in person.

maybe its a sign that theyre heading in the right direction for interiors :)

Curt

apostate
Ely13, Maintenence on new or Certified Pre-owned BMW's are a non issue. If anything goes wrong in the first 4 years (not your fault ) it will be covered completely.

Also I reccomend giving the e90 a test drive. 220 HP is not bad at all, and the car has been enlarged slightly from previous models.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Curt said:
Ely13, Maintenence on new or Certified Pre-owned BMW's are a non issue. If anything goes wrong in the first 4 years (not your fault ) it will be covered completely.

Also I reccomend giving the e90 a test drive. 220 HP is not bad at all, and the car has been enlarged slightly from previous models.
i love BMW fanatics, they're like fans of the miami dolphins. they believe in something that has it's awesome moments but over all is just kinda there and never seems to stand out all too much. i like em not for the cars (never was into bimmers) but for the fact that they'll stick by em through thick and thin. very loyal people those BMW people.

oh and in other news the isuzu trooper i got for free... i'm looking to sell it as i found the off roader i really want for sale today by some old lady A 1975 INTERNATIONAL SCOUT II :buttrock: