Car Enthusiast Thread

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I decided to make this thread seeing as how we get members talking about all sorts of cars when the subject title is different. This thread will change that. :)

Got automotive news, like American muscle cars, upset about Peugeot and Citroen leaving WRC next year, or love European cars? Post here about anything and everything car-related.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The new Lexus IS Sport Sedan definitely looks really nice.

AutoWeek said:
The best news, however, is that with the launch of the new IS, the iconic sport sedan sector gets even stronger. Lexus has not announced prices, but look for the IS 250 to come in somewhere below the IS 300’s $29,980 sticker, with the IS 350 commanding a moderate increase. A pricier, convertible model is also rumored to be in the cards, and whispers suggest a V8-powered IS 430 may be, too. Whether or not either sees the light of day, the view from the mountaintop never looked so good.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i found a deal on a 68 mercury cougar the other day. damn thing still runs and it's only $3000. i wouldn't mind getting it. but the cost to soup up a musclecar is just expensive as hell. heck a full on exhaust mod would cost me about $600 for both headers for the V-8, then $200 a cat, then performance mufflers which were about $150 at pepboys, and finally exhaust tips which are about $10 each. musclecars are just too expensive these days in my opinion. i'd love to have that cougar, but it'd cost me an arm and a leg just to get it all together and running how i'd want it. replacing the carburetor with a supercharger, new headgaskets, shaving of the heads, new camshaft, new driveshaft, new tires and rims. full restoration of the interior, and a new paintjob. it's just not worth it.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Lotus Esprit fanatic here. Mostly big on the S4 model. A 2.2L 4 cylinder car that stock hits 60 in 4.6seconds.
mybaby.jpg

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of those older Cougars. To get any of the older muscle cars going again correctly takes a lot of effort from the owner. My friend Mike who owned a '67 Mustang just got tired of working on it so much so he got rid of it.

Ever thought about a newer American muscle car like a 2004 Pontiac GTO (you can get a pretty good price for one right now I imagine) or one of the newer Mustang GTs? Those two muscle cars are very awesome and very well worth it.
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i found a deal on a 68 mercury cougar the other day. damn thing still runs and it's only $3000. i wouldn't mind getting it. but the cost to soup up a musclecar is just expensive as hell. heck a full on exhaust mod would cost me about $600 for both headers for the V-8, then $200 a cat, then performance mufflers which were about $150 at pepboys, and finally exhaust tips which are about $10 each. musclecars are just too expensive these days in my opinion. i'd love to have that cougar, but it'd cost me an arm and a leg just to get it all together and running how i'd want it. replacing the carburetor with a supercharger, new headgaskets, shaving of the heads, new camshaft, new driveshaft, new tires and rims. full restoration of the interior, and a new paintjob. it's just not worth it.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
I test drove a new mustang GT and it felt cheap. I also drove an SI and loved it and may end up getting one. Suck my ass is what i'm getting at.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Lotus Espirit, I B Lovin it.

Oh, and nice sig abasuto.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm actually considering buying a Lotus Esprit, but I haven't really found that many people trying to sell them.

here's a guy around here who owns an Esprit. One time down East Lake Drive (there are two right lanes) he goes to the farthest right lane and I go into the one next to him. I'm in a 1992 Civic Si and I can't believe that I was actually blocking his vision! I love cars that ride so low.
Abasuto said:
Lotus Esprit fanatic here. Mostly big on the S4 model. A 2.2L 4 cylinder car that stock hits 60 in 4.6seconds.
mybaby.jpg

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
FatGuy said:
I test drove a new mustang GT and it felt cheap. I also drove an SI and loved it and may end up getting one. Suck my ass is what i'm getting at.
Civic Si? Be careful about getting the 2005 Civic Si right now, the new one is right around the corner and it will have 200 hp and a six-speed transmission.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
No-one wants to sell an Espirit coz theyre so damn sechsy.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of those older Cougars. To get any of the older muscle cars going again correctly takes a lot of effort from the owner. My friend Mike who owned a '67 Mustang just got tired of working on it so much so he got rid of it.

Ever thought about a newer American muscle car like a 2004 Pontiac GTO (you can get a pretty good price for one right now I imagine) or one of the newer Mustang GTs? Those two muscle cars are very awesome and very well worth it.
i know they're newer and more affordable. it's just that i don't like em. i love the look of the old ones. the 70 'cuda, the 60's cougar, the el camino, the nova, chevelle, camaro SS. those massive V-8's and big steel bodies. the 440 hemi engine with the competition orange paint on the body and black racing stripes. or hell the AMC gremlin with the little straight six in top banana yellow with black stripes down the side. it's the look that these newer cars lack. the soul that the 60's and 70's ones had. the wide bodies, the giant rear tires, enough torque to pull a truck out of the water. terrible gas mileage and a great sounding engine.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Civic Si? Be careful about getting the 2005 Civic Si right now, the new one is right around the corner and it will have 200 hp and a six-speed transmission.
who knows
If they fix the SVT right I would keep it but its been in the shop over a week after it was in there for a month not too long ago. I'm a fag for hatchbacks.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
If the new Camaro (I posted a thread about it previously) looks anything like the idea or concept I've shown before you might very well be interested in owning one. But they won't come out until around 2008.
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i know they're newer and more affordable. it's just that i don't like em. i love the look of the old ones. the 70 'cuda, the 60's cougar, the el camino, the nova, chevelle, camaro SS. those massive V-8's and big steel bodies. the 440 hemi engine with the competition orange paint on the body and black racing stripes. or hell the AMC gremlin with the little straight six in top banana yellow with black stripes down the side. it's the look that these newer cars lack. the soul that the 60's and 70's ones had. the wide bodies, the giant rear tires, enough torque to pull a truck out of the water. terrible gas mileage and a great sounding engine.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
FatGuy said:
who knows
If they fix the SVT right I would keep it but its been in the shop over a week after it was in there for a month not too long ago. I'm a fag for hatchbacks.
I really hope that the SVT Focus works out for you dude. That's a very fast hatch and very fun to drive.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I'm actually considering buying a Lotus Esprit, but I haven't really found that many people trying to sell them.

It's best to find Lotus clubs if you want one. The Esprits made from 89-on are pretty reliable cars, but you for sure wanna get one from someone who's truely taken care of it. The pistons for a S4 are $1200 each and parts on older models can be hard to find as well as costly, so trying to restore a beat up one alot of times isn't really worth it.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
If the new Camaro (I posted a thread about it previously) looks anything like the idea or concept I've shown before you might very well be interested in owning one. But they won't come out until around 2008.
now the new camaro does look pretty sexy. i just hope they don't do to it like what they did to the monte carlo. the supersport title is just a name now. it's not the same. i mean look at the monte carlo. it's front wheel drive, and automatic. how is that a supersport? i say ford should bring back the maverick. with the original body style, and the gran torino. plymouth should pull out the 'cuda again leave it untouched bodywise. and see what happens.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:

For that much, you could probably wrap your ass in fiberglass

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
For that much, you could probably wrap your ass in fiberglass
meh, i do that every day i work on air conditioners with my friend's dad. stupid flex duct crap.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
I honestly don't know shit about cars, but basically BMW and VW are a couple favorites. I was always fond of Morgans and Bentleys as well.

I'll be looking into getting a Golf most likely when I sell the Rav4, probably the 90's body style, 1.8L or VR6. Any idea what the going price is for a fairly nice one of these? I'm looking to spend around 6 grand max, due to the poor.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Bakaneiro said:
The NEW alfa romeo.

ALFAROMEO-brera-top-300-201.jpg

alfa_brera_002.jpg

Looks beautiful.

I was considering getting a car for one of my brothers, but I can't choose - Peugeot 206 (non RC), or a nice old Civic CRX?

Any comments on these machines?

mark-art

NEST Puppet
750li.jpg
[/IMG]

Moms gonna get the new 750Li. At first I didn't like the new 7 styling, but its grown on me. And the interior is tight as hell. And hopefully I'll get to drive it :buttrock:

sorry bout the pic size. meh...

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I blew the MAF sensor in my Maxima for the 4th time last week. I guess it's back to the stock intake for good :mad:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Shirt in a Can said:
I honestly don't know shit about cars, but basically BMW and VW are a couple favorites. I was always fond of Morgans and Bentleys as well.

I'll be looking into getting a Golf most likely when I sell the Rav4, probably the 90's body style, 1.8L or VR6. Any idea what the going price is for a fairly nice one of these? I'm looking to spend around 6 grand max, due to the poor.
Have you thought about getting a diesel Golf? They're really neat cars, and I think it was Abasuto (was it?) who mentioned getting a computer chip in a Golf diesel getting around 125 hp? Very efficient with fuel and sporty too. :D