Page 503 of 504 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504 LastLast
Results 12,551 to 12,575 of 12597

Thread: Car Enthusiast Thread

Belnar Institute Student

The system here works even if the other party flee. As long as there is some proof that you didn't fuck up yourself, The Finnish Motor Insurers' Centre will pay it, if the other party does not have insurance. Of course this system means that everyone's feels are percent or two expensive.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

In search of monsters to destroy

Pretty sure I have posted this video in this thread before, but it deserves to get posted again.

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

I was Born This Ugly.

I know this is somewhat off topic...but car audio...

The stock speakers in my '14 Ram were just shit. They were loud enough, but god were they awful. Some people on a Ram forum suggested I look at some Kicker speakers as they make an OEM "upgrade" package.

I LOL'd...fucking Kicker. I used to be into car audio way back when (and I mean WAY BACK). Back then Kicker was shit sold at an Autozone.

Either way, I looked them up, they rated well and were dirt cheap. I paid some $35 and replaced my stock 3.5" dash speakers with them. To my shock, they sounded superb and were a vast upgrade over stock. 3 years later and they never caused me an issue and kept on ticking away.

Well, figuring that I traded my '14 in on a '17 so I decided to replace the dash speakers once again. The model I bought back in '14 is no more and I decided to go with this set:

http://www.kicker.com/44KSC3504

$45/pr, good build quality, silk dome tweeter...they are a few lines up from what I had before. I popped them in Fri night and sure enough, massive improvement.

Long story short, I liked them so much that I'm swapping the door speakers with these:

http://www.kicker.com/44KSC6904

$120/pr...again, cheap.

I'll be putting them in next weekend...

Here's a shot of the difference in this speakers vs stock...its crazy how shitty stock speakers are...

Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

I was Born This Ugly.

Realtalk...

What are your opinions on leather seats?

This has come up a few times around the office and my opinion on them seems to be my own; I'm not the biggest fan of them. I guess my opinion doesn't reflect most, but I don't like how hard they are when they're freezing, or how hot they get in the summer. Heated seat features help in the winter, but there isn't a thing you can do when it's hot (well, not on most...some are "cooled"). I found my cloth seats in my truck to far more comfortable.

I'll say that even worse than leather is suede...moy god, they're hard to get in/out of and you stick to them (for lack of better terms). The suede seats in my '03 Cobra, or the alcantara in my '08 Mazdaspeed 3 were just awful, you'd stick to them. It was a funky feeling adjusting your seating position when driving.

Oh...and I replaced my rear 6x9's as well...
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

I actually like cloth seats after having leather for so long. The downside is they are harder to clean, but I can't really think of any other upside to leather. Some luxury cars have wool seats, but that's quite rare.

I haven't updated door speakers in over a decade. Did you have to remove the door panels to do that? They never went back on quite right, so I'm always hesitant to do it again. I guess it's easier to buy the plastic connectors now, so I could just replace them afterwards if it didnt seal quite right.
    Last edited by NeoSneth; 03-06-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

I was Born This Ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    I actually like cloth seats after having leather for so long. The downside is they are harder to clean, but I can't really think of any other upside to leather. Some luxury cars have wool seats, but that's quite rare.

I haven't updated door speakers in over a decade. Did you have to remove the door panels to do that? They never went back on quite right, so I'm always hesitant to do it again. I guess it's easier to buy the plastic connectors now, so I could just replace them afterwards if it didnt seal quite right.
    On a Ram 1500, the dash speakers are extremely easy to get to. The doors are a bit more difficult, but it was far easier than I thought it would be. The difference in sound is substantial...and I mean in a big way. I'm rather picky when it comes to audio too, so there's that. For the $160 I have in it, and the elbow grease, I can't complain at all.

Mai's Stalker

I don't care for leather seats they dry and crack cold in the winter hot in the summer, I know they make heating and cooling in the seats but it's just one more thing to go wrong or wait for to make the ride more comfortable.

Nope cloth seats all the way or neoprene seat covers.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Playa' From
    Around The Way.

With kids leather is a must.

I didn't know putting in speakers was still a thing. My f250 sounds good enough stock to not even think bout messing with it

I was Born This Ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukejaywalker23 View Post
    With kids leather is a must.

I didn't know putting in speakers was still a thing. My f250 sounds good enough stock to not even think bout messing with it
    Honestly...I haven't paid much attention to car audio is decades. When I had my '14 Ram, someone on a forum had brought up how good the Kicker speakers sounded when you popped them in the dash. Once I saw how cheap they were, I decided to give them a try and I was really surprised about how great they performed.

When I got my '17, the swap was a no-brainer...but it got me wondering how different the 6x9 swap would sound given the cheap price of those speakers. Like I said earlier, the difference is night and day. I'll never again get into car audio enough to get into components, a new head unit, subs, etc...but this was a great cost-vs-return investment.

Mai's Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    Honestly...I haven't paid much attention to car audio is decades. When I had my '14 Ram, someone on a forum had brought up how good the Kicker speakers sounded when you popped them in the dash. Once I saw how cheap they were, I decided to give them a try and I was really surprised about how great they performed.

When I got my '17, the swap was a no-brainer...but it got me wondering how different the 6x9 swap would sound given the cheap price of those speakers. Like I said earlier, the difference is night and day. I'll never again get into car audio enough to get into components, a new head unit, subs, etc...but this was a great cost-vs-return investment.
    I had to replace the center console sub in my jeep. I was able to find an upgraded replacement and the difference was great, sound quality and clearity improved drastically.

I am probably going to replace the dash speakers and over head speakers next, I was sold on upgrading sound after that sub.

If you like sound do it. It's worth it.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Not Average Joe.
    Not Average Homeowner.
    Not Average At All.

Well, after about two years with my 2013 Challenger I decided to move on.

I traded it in today and picked up a nice low mileage 2013 BMW 328I XDRIVE. It is pretty well loaded and in super nice condition.

Is some ways it is quite an improvement in others not so much. However, man is it comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by FAT$TACKS View Post
    Well, after about two years with my 2013 Challenger I decided to move on.

I traded it in today and picked up a nice low mileage 2013 BMW 328I XDRIVE. It is pretty well loaded and in super nice condition.

Is some ways it is quite an improvement in others not so much. However, man is it comfortable.
    It must be nice to actually have visibility again. Those challengers have the worst windows.

Switch

I was Born This Ugly.

It must be nice to actually have visibility again. Those challengers have the worst windows.
    Many newer sports cars have that "sitting in a deep bathtub" feel to them...not sure why.

So far, the Camaro is the worst (that I've been in).

Not Average Joe.
    Not Average Homeowner.
    Not Average At All.

Now I am able to pull out at an angle and see over my shoulder, pull up to the line at the local stop lights and still see the lights, and best of all I can look like a drug dealer any time I have to go back to my old neighborhood.

20180310_092106.jpg

Cinema Ninja!

Many newer sports cars have that "sitting in a deep bathtub" feel to them...not sure why.

The Camaro feels like you're sitting high in a SUV compared to how the Challenger is in that regard. Holy shit do the doors on a Challenger come up way higher than you'd think they need to. I forget if it was a '15 or '16 Challenger I was given as a rental, but the '16 Camaro I've been driving for a bit is a far better car for visibility and errythang else for that matter.

Enjoy that 328 Stacks! I've not spent too much time in 3 series cars (usually just 5 series) but I'd imagine that's a huge step up in feel/drive/etc over the Challenger you had.

[Rot] 2:38 am: Z'OMG... ANYTHING... is cool in 15/70... even GregN home movies

In search of monsters to destroy

Side impact standards are the primary reason that cars have high beltlines, bunker like visibility, and are all around fugly.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

after a long hiatus... I'm now looking for 2 more daily drivers in the household.

My CLS has been amazing, but it just hit 130k miles. Engine is as strong as ever, but there's a minor electrical short somewhere. Interior getting a bit outdated, but the exterior is still one of my favorite vehicles. Considering everything from a Chevy spark to a Porsche Cayenne. I've had some people recommend the 2015+ Genesis Sedan, and i kinda like it.

The other vehicle needs to be an SUV. Mid sized. This will likely be the lady's daily driver.
    She had a Nissan Rogue, but it's just been absolutely dreadful. Stuff you'd expect to find in a cheap american car, but i expected more out of Nissan. It leaks everywhere, and the dealership can't fix. It's starting to have electric bugs on top of the constant mildew smell. It needs to go fast.

Switch

Here's a comical and horrifying update. My lady finally had to take her Nissan Rogue to the dealership as the water leaking was getting worse, and electrics started to fuck up.

This Nissan service center came back with a $10k estimate. The whole car's electrics are fucked. They discovered the car was missing the drain tubes in the A-pillars. Water been trickling down every pillar for over a year. Everything is corroded and soaked under the panels. We both noted that the car was in for repair over a year ago for those exact moonroof drain tubes at a Nissan dealer down the road. The service history shows that Nissan Dealer cleared and reconnected the drain tubes specifically. Guess someone forgot to actually do that, and now it's essentially a flood car.

I already have my lawyer on standby. The offending Nissan service center is reviewing the car now. My lawyer thinks this is an easy case if he needs to get aggressive, and the new Nissan service center has been very helpful. My concern is it's been over a year since the original service, and my dumb woman never brought it back despite minor water collection on the floorboards.
    Last edited by NeoSneth; 03-20-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Switch

thats some shit

keep us updated
    Last edited by voltronbadass; 03-20-2018 at 05:18 AM.

Enemy Chaser

Here's a comical and horrifying update. My lady finally had to take her Nissan Rogue to the dealership as the water leaking was getting worse, and electrics started to fuck up.

This Nissan service center came back with a $10k estimate. The whole car's electrics are fucked. They discovered the car was missing the drain tubes in the A-pillars. Water been trickling down every pillar for over a year. Everything is corroded and soaked under the panels. We both noted that the car was in for repair over a year ago for those exact moonroof drain tubes at a Nissan dealer down the road. The service history shows that Nissan Dealer cleared and reconnected the drain tubes specifically. Guess someone forgot to actually do that, and now it's essentially a flood car.

I already have my lawyer on standby. The offending Nissan service center is reviewing the car now. My lawyer thinks this is an easy case if he needs to get aggressive, and the new Nissan service center has been very helpful. My concern is it's been over a year since the original service, and my dumb woman never brought it back despite minor water collection on the floorboards.

so any update ?

In a massive surprise for humanity and dealership service centers everywhere...... The offending dealership repaired all known issues.
    No drama. No Fuss. No complaints. They even text us on their day off to give status updates.

Switch

Nissan Rogue repaired, and promptly traded.

New to the fleet: 2016 4dr Mini Cooper S.
    Partial JC Works trim.

We had a Mini back in 2003, and we had good experience with it outside some minor electrics.
    4 door doesn't add that much room, but it makes it easier to access the back area.
    The new mini's have a softer ride than before. It's still stiff, but not uncomfortably so.
    You pay a premium for what you get, but it's really fun around town. At this point in our lives, I'm ok with spending money.
    Terrible weather for zooming around this weekend unfortunately.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Switch

ネオジオ

凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Finally got my ITR backed out of storage for a bit. Not too much longer and it will actually be nice enough to drive it here. It's supposed to snow again this weeked . . . seems like it's never going to quit.

20180414_091847.jpg

Zero's Tailor

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrikeMike View Post
    Finally got my ITR backed out of storage for a bit. Not too much longer and it will actually be nice enough to drive it here. It's supposed to snow again this weeked . . . seems like it's never going to quit.

20180414_091847.jpg
    Nice!!,, I had the 1995 Special Ed,, forest green back in High School, hey still look good.

Thread Information