Finaly 1cc Viewpoint

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I'd given up on trying to 1 credit it, was just playing it this morning for fun. Once I finished level 5 I started to realize I might just 1cc the game. Level 6 I was sweating bullets.

Great game for anyone who hasn't played it.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Abasuto said:
I'd given up on trying to 1 credit it, was just playing it this morning for fun. Once I finished level 5 I started to realize I might just 1cc the game. Level 6 I was sweating bullets.

Great game for anyone who hasn't played it.

I have never heard of anyone 1cc this one, proof please.

It has to be level-4 (MVS) with 1 credit = 3 lives or it doesn't count.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
There was a video of someone from this forum doing it.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:

Was the NeoCD version. I've known several people who could 1cc the PS port of the game, not sure how it compares in difficulty though, just know it's a shitty port. The stages aren't really hard, they're rather short and just a matter of memorizing them. The level 5 and 6 bosses are enough to give you high blood pressure though.

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
Abasuto said:
Was the NeoCD version. I've known several people who could 1cc the PS port of the game, not sure how it compares in difficulty though, just know it's a shitty port. The stages aren't really hard, they're rather short and just a matter of memorizing them. The level 5 and 6 bosses are enough to give you high blood pressure though.
nice one

Heh, i cant even get past the 3nd level of dodonpachi with 1 cred
... im such a loser

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
super-saiya-jin said:
nice one

Heh, i cant even get past the 3nd level of dodonpachi with 1 cred
... im such a loser

It's been ages I didn't play Dodonpachi and I gave it a try just for fun. I reached about middle of stage 4 even if I played like a dumb.. Man, keep practicing because if I can reach level 4 whereas I almost don't know the game, you need serious training. ;) Courage!

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
xtoo_short20x said:

Heh, go to Tokyo, people were going through the game in 100 yen one after the other. Kind of laughable in a way. Nevermind me though, I'm terrible at it.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Neo Bomber Man said:
Heh, go to Tokyo, people were going through the game in 100 yen one after the other. Kind of laughable in a way. Nevermind me though, I'm terrible at it.

I'm sure.
I kinda meant this place, but I maybe wrong, maybe Gemant and/or BBH have
done this ?

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
I'm sure.
I kinda meant this place, but I maybe wrong, maybe Gemant and/or BBH have
done this ?

nope, I'm no good at Viewpoint... never really cared for it :(

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
For years, I've tried like hell to 1 credit Viewpoint and finally gave up. I've made it to the level 5 boss a few times but get owned every time. After finally seeing how much of a bitch level 6 is, I realized that I just don't have the patience or time needed to 1cc it.

Gemant

Member,
sorry, I haven't seen this topic...

View Point is one of the NG games that I know better... (I know it 101%) I finish it first time in 1995, and my last play was in 1999 with about 3.000.000 pts score.

currently view point is a shooting game with the maximum number of secrets on neo geo system.

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Gemant said:
View Point is one of the NG games that I know better...

Then maybe you can help me out a bit ;)

viewp.jpg

This is taken from the european AES manual, what exactly are they hinting at (about the options)?

Gemant

Member,
you made illusions all by yourself, there's no manual of the neogeo that explains any secret of the various games, it neither points it out... really what they wrote on the manual is only a misleading comment... what they intended to say only regards this: takin the option and continuing playing without losing lifes, it's possible to recover bonus stars instead of power ups.

the timing to take the option is needed only in one case. There's a very difficult bug that regard the appearing of the option even if you own it yet, but it's been discovere years after the release of the game, so they doesn't refer at this manual

Last edited:

CarlDMC

Tung's Hair,
Gemant said:
currently view point is a shooting game with the maximum number of secrets on neo geo system.

Yes, please elaborate. I love this game but I'm terrible at it.
Secrets, techniques, etc....

Gemant

Member,
secrets are:

golden star bonus
1up bonus
NOZO bonus

golden star table score:

3310 (sammy points)
33100 (sammy points)
81560 (aicom points)

Last edited:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Good God, it's one of those things I hope I can do before my time is up.
Such a beautiful, vicious, evil pain-in-the-ass shooter.
Love the soundtrack, love the design...but so much pain.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Anyone who can 1cc this game gets my respect, I tried it a few times but haven't made it to the end so far, not even on multiple credits.

And I agree with Loopz, so much fun, but also so much pain...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Gemant said:
with about 3.000.000 pts score.

Fuckin-A, how is that even possible?
Thanks to this thread I booted up Viewpoint last night for the first time in months...stage 5 is an absolute bitch, the worst part of the game. Boss rushes like that should be allowed only in beat 'em ups, because that was insane.
I can never see myself beating this on one credit, one of the hardest shooters out there, straight up. Long as hell, too.
Huge props to Abby, I know some of my greatest gaming accomplishments came when I started a game just to waste time for half an hour and I eventually end up going through the whole thing...

Gemant

Member,
LoneSage said:
Fuckin-A, how is that even possible?

there are many golden stars bonus in this game... and when you have max value for golden star, you increase score 81560 pts for each...

barf

Maxima's Barber
Gemant said:
there are many golden stars bonus in this game... and when you have max value for golden star, you increase score 81560 pts for each...

fun with numbers: As you know there are chinese number-series and japanese number series in the japanese language, and usualy in japanese if you see a sequence of numbers placed oddly in a credits roll or a text then that means they are using number-slang

33|10
33|100
SAN(from 3 chinese)-MI(3 japanese) , Sammy

8156|0
HA(8 chinese) I(from 1 chinese) GO(from 5 chinese) MU(from 6 japanese), Aigom, Aicom

that matches the names between parenthesis :p
pointless i know but love that :)