If you could own only one SF2 game which one would it be

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
id go with hyper fighting for sure and super turbo at a close second

i donno why..i just find hyper fighting alot more fun..more of a tense game

champion is great too....no WW just cuz i hate racing ti guile on the select screen and no super because yeah...its slow

JONESGFX

Crazed MVS Addict
this is a easssssssssssssyyy questions

street fighter 2 Turbo. the game was still good but was a continual weaking of the characters.. Turbo rules forever!!!!!

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
Champion Edition, since it is the closest to the original SF2, but allows you to choose the same character.

Smiley

Quiz Detective
None..sure, I played them back in the day when they first debuted but nowadays I'd rather play most of the snk fighters; mk2,3; or the two killer instinct games instead.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Super Turbo cuz 'Rog is at his best in that version.

REKANIZE BITCHES!!

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
rog is pretty damn cool in hyper fighting...going through projectiles with his "ONE" "TWO" punches :) definatly the most fun to use IMO

HF(turbo) dont get enough credit super turbo is great and all but its far from the only high level playable version of sf2

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Super SF2: The New Challengers, the only SF2 game I could actually finish in the arcade using characters I actually like.

The only thing I got from Turbo Hyper Fighting was my venomous hatred for all things involving turbo speed.

Give a slow fighter that moves at a pace I can handle anyday.

Don't really need supers, don't need absurd AI and sure don't need the waste of character space that Akuma is.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
I'd go with the fucked up hack where you do at least 2 fire balls at a time, Balrog has sonic booms coming out of his bf charges, etc, etc, best version of street fighter EVER!!!!

However, if that version doesnt count, I'd go with Championship Ed. cos its fairly similar to W.W. (which outranks CE in every respect outside of boss selection) but with the ability to choose bosses, cos goddammit, I gotta play as Bison!!!

turbopants

Zero's Secretary
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers is my favorite, with the original Champion Edition coming in second.

bwodie

Another Striker
CE or new challengers
and i dont care what anyone says, no console has ever been arcade perfect, including the dc versions ::D

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
GENOCIDE CUTTER '94 said:
I'd go with the fucked up hack where you do at least 2 fire balls at a time, Balrog has sonic booms coming out of his bf charges, etc, etc, best version of street fighter EVER!!!!

However, if that version doesnt count, I'd go with Championship Ed. cos its fairly similar to W.W. (which outranks CE in every respect outside of boss selection) but with the ability to choose bosses, cos goddammit, I gotta play as Bison!!!

the version i played had balrog with 5 to 8 hadokens in front of him when doing b-f moves. sagat had sonic booms flying as he gave low kicks. not to mention you could change your chara during play. but ill take the og any day over this though.

TimeKillr

New Challenger
Ack, Rainbow Editions need to die :)

SSF2T for me. Nothing beats that version, especially the hookup we had at the arcade; 8 cabs, linked for constant tournaments! Loads of fun.

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
Super SF2 X The Grandmaster Challenge
Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting

There is NO arcade perfect port for consoles. All of them are flawed in pretty big ways.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
For me, either champion ed. or turbo... but it is weird to switch between the two because of the speed change.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This thread needs a poll.

Anyways, Champion Edition...it was the version I grew up on.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
jsjesse said:
Super SF2 X The Grandmaster Challenge
Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting

There is NO arcade perfect port for consoles. All of them are flawed in pretty big ways.

super turbo in the anniversary collection for xb and ps2, what about it? isnt it arcade perfect?

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
The freaking Xbox Live one if it ever fucking comes out. :spock: The best version of SF2 by far and the quartermatch will rule. You know I'm right, ow!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
DSC00175.jpg

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
I would say either champion because that's the game I played when I was a kid, or Turbo because I like the extra characters.

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
MUSOLINI said:
super turbo in the anniversary collection for xb and ps2, what about it? isnt it arcade perfect?

Playstation 2 (Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition, only the ST characters will be addressed)
This version has not been thoroughly tested, but the known differences are:
-O.Sagat's Tiger Shots have been toned down considerably
-Ken, Dhalsim, and Sagat can do reversal supers (which they can not in the arcade version)
-Claw's wall dives are way too hard to do (they just randomly won't come out), but using the release method seems to work more consistently
-if an ST character is facing a non-ST character, the ST character can not tech the throws (in ST, New characters can tech Old characters' throws)

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
.Air hurricane kicks

Street Fighter:2 Turbo Before they fucked everything up. When they first started to seperate Ken and Ryu instead of leaving them as clones. You all remember when you first found out they gave Chun Li a fireball!!!!!