Sengoku ACE/Sengoku Blade

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I'm deciding whether or not to buy this game. It's pretty expensive, I've played both these games in the arcade. Is the PS2 collection good? I remember the last collection, the strikers one, a lot of people didn't like it.

BIG

sony fanboy
Great package,definitely better than the first compilation.

Are you getting the first-run with the Superplay DVD?

BIG-

kiun

Zero's Tailor
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
Great package,definitely better than the first compilation.

Are you getting the first-run with the Superplay DVD?

BIG-

If I am not wrong, the superplay DVD is included separately in a CD sleeve. Just curious, is there actually a 'second-run' version with a different catalog # ?

BIG

sony fanboy
kiun said:
If I am not wrong, the superplay DVD is included separately in a CD sleeve. Just curious, is there actually a 'second-run' version with a different catalog # ?

Hmmmm,not too sure,but I know of a few people who bought them and did not receive the Superplay DVD with their copies of Psikyo Vol.2.

BIG-

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
RBjakeSpecial said:
I'm deciding whether or not to buy this game. It's pretty expensive, I've played both these games in the arcade. Is the PS2 collection good? I remember the last collection, the strikers one, a lot of people didn't like it.

I bought the collection for Sengoku Blade, Ace is not too bad but a bit repetitive IMO.

The collection is quite nice, the games come in their original form without any visible tweaks (like the braindead auto-continue-feature of the strikers pack), but the compilation is the only official way to play these games, so there's no choice anyway if you don't want to go the rom route or do not own a gun/cab.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
WOW! Found this game in Akihabara with the bonus DVD for 3,000 yen new! Great port. The sound a little quiet and weird, but thats the only negative thing I could find (and it might just be due to my shit speakers.)

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
The problem is that I already own Sengoku Blade on Saturn............ :annoyed:

I really don't want to get the same game........(but I keep buying After Burner II & Street Fighter II games over and over.....hmmm???)

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
RBjakeSpecial said:
WOW! Found this game in Akihabara with the bonus DVD for 3,000 yen new! Great port. The sound a little quiet and weird, but thats the only negative thing I could find (and it might just be due to my shit speakers.)

I picked up a copy at the place you told me about- thanks for the tip.

I agree that the BGM is a little quiet- the sound effects are much louder, and that makes it hard to hear the music.

Sengoku Ace plays A LOT like Gunbird. The power-ups have the same shape, which adds to the similarity. I find the controls pretty unresponsive though- and the bombs come out too late to be useful in tight situations- I'm finding them more useful as an offensive weapon as opposed to a defensive tactic.

whitey

NEST Puppet
FYI.....

Psikyo shooting collection vol. 3 comes out on March 24th. It will have Dragon Blaze and Sol Divide. Not really crazy about sol divide, but this will mark the first port of Dragon Blaze. Hopefully a superplay dvd will be included.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
whitey said:
FYI.....

Psikyo shooting collection vol. 3 comes out on March 24th. It will have Dragon Blaze and Sol Divide. Not really crazy about sol divide, but this will mark the first port of Dragon Blaze. Hopefully a superplay dvd will be included.

Yeah, there's an ad for Vol. 3 (as well as Vol. 1) in the back of the Sengoku instruction booklet, but there was no release date.

Thanks for the info.