MARS MATRIX...views guys&gals?

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Well i must say this title does not seem to ever get a mention?...was this in the arcades?... this is one of the most hyperactive shooters i have played!.. the music kicks ass.... the gameplay is as sharp as a katana...
Dreamcast you are forever in my heart...always :D
Discuss.....
Also...get your scores in people! :buttrock:

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Great shooter.

An arcade about 45 minutes away from me has it (too loud to hear the music in there though...)

I can get up to stage 3 on one credit. Think my top score is 5 billion-something.

This & Gigawing 2 are my 2 favorite Takumi shooters.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Probly my second fave shooter of all time.
Nothing specifically genius --- but the package as a whole is brilliant.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Once more, I game that is great but I don't pay too much attention to it. I don't know, I can't like the feeling of the game. The reflect-force shield is not as sharp as the one of the Gigawings and, in my tastes, I don't like the graphics.

I'm sure that if I'd spend more time on it I would be satified but not for now.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Great game. Hated it at first but when I gave it a second chance on a whim, I loved it. Probably my favourite on the Dreamcast.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I kind of regret selling it, not because I particularly enjoyed it (I couldn't get into it), but because I feel I'm better at shooters now and might have enjoyed more.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Its cool, but a little bit on the "wtf is going on?" side.

Worth owning though.

BIG

sony fanboy
Superb fucking game,very nicely done.

I need a Jp copy..:(

BIG-

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I like Mars Matrix, the deflect/collect barrier/smart bomb combo system is very cool IMO (as is the armor-piercing shot), and the huge unlockables menu gives it tons of replay value.

Graphics and sound effects are decent. However, the first three levels feature an overly smooth color palette that I find slightly boring.

Technically, I prefer the deflect system of MM over the Giga Wing series, tho the Giga Wings have more massive visual f/x, specially part 2 with its spasm-inducing flashes and psychedelic color storms... quite cool to watch, but playing it for a couple of hours makes my eyes bleed.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
They have this in the arcade in New York, New York in Vegas. I really liked the one button style of gameplay. I just wish the machine I was playing it on was louder I couldn't hear anything but the stupid Crazy Taxi machine behind me.

I was able to get to number three on the high score board. I liked the bullet eater system too. Just wish I could play it some more.

BIG

sony fanboy
Does anyone know whether or not Mars Matrix is compatible with RGB monitors? I tried running Gigawing through my cab,and it kept resetting for some reason.

BIG-

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
It's got no overwhelming "WOW" factor, but when I finally grabbed a copy I could'nt stop playing it. The dreamcast version has tons of shit to unlock and purchase. As a whole the game kicks mucho arse!! One of my faves.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Yeah man!!... What about them scores?
Get em in people... Dreamycast version :D

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
For odd reason I can not get into Mars Matrix.
The reason why I buy this game is that for collecting purpose.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Absolutely love this shooter. I've cleared everything except the backround color change for the bullets( i think thats it...haven't played it for a while). I just picked up a used copy of XIIStag and haven't spent any time on any other shmups.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Mars Matrix is one of the very best imo. I think it fails to get as much mention as it deserves due to its lack of flashy graphics. But that aside, it has some of the tightest gameplay ever. Huge amounts of crap to dodge, yet never anything impossible. Not to mention great enemy attack paterns.

Isn't it a shame other shmups don't include as many awsome extras as Mars Matrix?