Strikers 1945 II scores & strats

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Here we go again...

Strikers 1945 II Hiscore List

(Position - Player - Score - Loop/Level - Plane - Version)

1 - VNM - 1,967,400 - 2/6 - Hayate - original pcb

2 - BBH - 1,388,800 - 2/2 - Hayate - PSX

3 - Fran - 1,166,900 - 1/8 - Hayate - Mame

4 - Kiken - 974,300 - 1/8 - Hayate - Saturn

5 - twalden - 836,100 - 1/7 - Hayate - Mame

6 - Tak - 776,600 - 1/7 - Hayate - PSX

7 - kaos - 775,300 - 1/7 - Hayate - Saturn

8 - too_short - 773,300 - 1/7 - Pancake - Saturn

9 - Amano Jacu - 716,200 - 1/7 - Hayate - Mame

10 - whitey- 566,900 - 1/6 - Hayate - original pcb

11 - moonwhistle - 503,200 - 1/5 - Pancake - PSX

12 - Abasuto - 471,300 - 1/5 - Pancake - Mame

13 - The Chief - 462,000 - 1/5 - Pancake - original pcb

14 - LoneSage - 411,000 - 1/4 - Pancake - PSX

15 - roke stAr - 325,100 - 1/3 - Hayate - PSX

Settings: 1 credit/3 lives, normal diff., 1st extra ship 600k.
Versions: Original pcb, PSX/2, Saturn, Mame - choose one.

Gentlemen, start your consoles.

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
This should be awesome.
Are there any cool secrets on this game btw?
Some boss strategies would be cool too.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Strikers1945IIHS.jpg

Original PCB

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm going to give it a run on my DC using Bleemcast

It's going to be pathetic so I'm sure no screenshot will be needed

some of these bullet patterns are unfair and too fast

edit:

308,300 1-3 Hyate

need practice

I've only had this game for 3 days

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hiscore table has been updated.

I will c&p a couple of nice gameplay infos/strats from the all about shmups thread, specially VNM's boss hints are really helpful.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
First try to get contact with the game and all the ships:

452200 Hayate 1-5 MameOx

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Nice scores, fellas. Looks like I’m going to have to start training if I want to get past my old million point mark.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I have to take my hat off to Jorge and Chief as they both used the pancake to get their scores

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
roke stAr said:
I have to take my hat off to Jorge and Chief as they both used the pancake to get their scores

heh, yeah, guess my score would be much lower with a different plane... Hayate simply is the shit with those auto-drones.

The pancake is cool, it's just that it's a bit tricky for me to tap through tight bullet sprays with it.

Played it again last night, reached 1/8 but the end boss killed me again... even with VNM's and other ppl's tips, the fucker still bites my ass...

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I like how straight forward the game is

no bullshit gameplay calls back to the days when gimicks weren't used in shmups

just blow everything the fuck up and dodge every bullet you see

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
roke stAr said:

The Flying Pancake is just awesome.
He is not as strong as he is on Strikers 1945 Plus, but still good.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Hey Tak, my best score was 452200, the one you posted was my second higest score and the last one I made with the P38 (Lighting iirc), that's why it was in yellow ;)

Anyway I'll give a more serious try today or in the following days, I know I can do much better.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I usually use the Flying Pancake but I'm switching to Hayate now since I realized it makes stage 7 easier. The stage 7 boss still owns me and always will :mad:

Flying Pancake - stage 1-7 816,100
Hayate - stage 1-7 836,100
Playing on Mame

strk1945pt2.JPG

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Nice scores there guys, keep 'em coming!

@Amano: your score entry has been fixed.

@twalden: there goes my fourth place... congrats! I see from your score that you died on the 1/7 boss, and that usually is my prob as well. There are tips for beating him in the big shmups thread, some of them are really helpful... I was too lazy to dig them out and post them here last night, will do that tonight... ...I guess.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Used pancake. No idea why, but I do better with this plane.

strikerscore.jpg

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
roke stAr said:

Thank you, I play with a variety of planes but have always found the Flying Pancake to be my style.

Looks like I'm going to have to break out the PCB again as competition is stepping it up :glee:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
There's no way in hell I can let Abasuto beat me, and I passed the Chief too!

583400 1-6 Hayate MAMEoX

Too close to that damned extra life :mad:

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Good work, Amano. Hiscore table has been updated.

Here are some general tips and boss strats, originally posted by Fran and VNM in the All About Shooters thread:

Fran said:
one thing about strikers and psikyo games in general...

DO NOT pick up more than 2 - 3 power ups,
unless you are the incarnation of the shooters god or something...

every extra power up means difficult goes up of 1

you have been warned

VNM said:
Level 1-5: It kind of depends on how full your bar is entering the level. I usually have a level 2 available. I lay that just after the tank comes into view, then go right. After its first set of shots cross over to the left side of the screen, it should die and there should be a nice pattern hole to fly up through. This can also be done with 1-2 level 1's.

At the place where the turrets pop out of the rooves, point blank the 2 on the left, as they die, leave a level 1 in line with the turret above them. Go right, and lay a level 1 just to the right of the small hole in the ground underneith the 2 turrets on the right. You can dodge the turret fire to the left or right from the center of the screen.

The 2 large ships before the fortress. Start at the right, pretty much follow the edge of the screen left to avoid its 2 spreads, then do it right for the 2nd ship. If you are getting close to a level 2, hold fire so you get a level 1 and let your drones kill anything left on the screen.
Fortress: Lay a level 1 at the ourside edge of the 2 forward turrets, so they will be destroyed quickly and also damage the larger back turrets. I start off center right after laying the 2nd lv.1 then swoop left, lay another lv.1 to kill the left back turret faster, go right, kill stuff. You can milk this midboss for a while if you work on it, just laying level 1's on one side then the other.

Boss:
Lay a lv.1 if you have it. Start up close, then back off before it starts to fire. dodge right, through the holes in its first pattern. Tap dodge through the next spread. Dodge to the left during the aimed fire/spread. Dodge to center during the following pattern of claw shots (I find a bouncing movement works well). Go up through the hole in the center of the next pattern before the main gun fires and beware of shots from small planes. The boss should die soon, the spiral attack, just try not to get cornered. I start up right, dodge left, then dodge right through the 2nd release.

1-7 boss: Lay 1-2 level 1 charge shots in front of the boss, go on top of its head. When it begins to fly, tap up a bit and stay still. Next, go down to bottom of the screen, tap right throught the scatter pattern. Go to the right and up near the boss, as the mines explode, tap down the side of the screen and you should avoid all fire. Now, another scatter pattern to tap through, then go to the center of the screen, halfway up, the boss will fire its lasers, after they fire, go to the bottom, then right. It should die now. If you want to make it easier, lay a few more level 1's.

1-8 boss, if you're playing in tate, the largest safe spot for the 3rd form's fast scatter attack is a bit to the right of the center of the screen. It's pretty easy to get there, then dodge left for the next pattern and return for the 3rd scatter. Ex_mosquito uses a different safe spot on the right and left edges where the color changes, but I find it harder to line up.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
When you say the game increases in difficulty with more power ups. Does that mean the enemies shoot more bullets,more enemies or they take more shots to kill ?

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Abasuto said:
When you say the game increases in difficulty with more power ups. Does that mean the enemies shoot more bullets,more enemies or they take more shots to kill ?

PS- my score wasn't updated. :cool:

Increased dificult means that you will have to inflict considerably more damage on the bosses to destroy them, that and the bigger enemy ships/tanks become harder to kill, just not the small ships that attack in formations. Some bullets sprays also come out faster, and some of the smaller kamikaze ships will drop an additional bullet.

Oh, and the score table is up-to-date now. :)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

pales in comparison to the rest of yous

back to the drawing board

:crying:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Updated.

Abasuto, yeah, VNM's score is very cool... but... between my skills and this score, there's mr. mission-8-I'll-bullet-spew-you-to-death boss, and even tho I'm getting better at finding the safe spot without too much delay, he kills me everytime.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
'K, I'm a little late to the party- finally getting around to picking this up, and I have a question: is there a difference, performance-wise, between the PSX and Saturn versions? I'm happy to buy the Saturn version if it's better, but the PSX version is much cheaper.

Recommendation? :conf:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Gameplay-wise, they are identical as far as I know, so if you have a good offer for a s1945ii PSX version, you should probably pick it up.