Gradius V makes my pee-pee tingle.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Tristesse said:
Ok, you want accurate opinions, let's go:

Music: I don't especially like the music, too slow and sleeping I feel. The sound in itself is really good, great stereo sound but the compositions are not what I would wait from a shooter. It's very personnal, and the fact I have really extreme musical tastes doesn't help.

Graphics: Ok, the good point of the game. Good graphics, really "Treasure-ish". I bet this game has been released on Naomi, right? If not, it's exactly the same explosions and FX.

Gameplay: Bah, I don't like the gameplay, the "choose type" thing. It had nothing more in the game in my opinion. And you need to hold a button pushed to affect the formation of the bits, REALLY annoying.

I won't spend more time in describing what I don't like in this game, it's not worth it. But if you want the main thing I don't like, it's simply the soul of the game, or the lack of soul actually. I plays like soo many other games. Once you finish it, what I still haven't done, I'm sure you put it on a shelf and that's it. No need to speak about the shield thing that makes you invincible during the whole play.
Shield + type 4 rotation = boring to death. Oh, just thinking, the game is too long dammit, and if there's one thing I hate in shmups, it's the too long games.

Anyway, I'm not a horizontal shmup fan so it doesn't help. Don't get me wrong, I like the game in somewhat manner, but this is just that it's flooded among so good shooters around.

So you don't like Gradius 5 because it's too long, but you like Radisnt Silvergun (which is super long)? Gradius 5 plays like other shooters? What other shooter has power ups with selectable option that give you tiny options around yuor ship? Oh yes Gradius does that. Wow Gradius plays just like Gradius, who would have thought. The sheild makes you invinvible the whole play? Shows how much you know, it only takes 3 hits for you. It doesn't make you invincible. You have to press a button to make the options move or spin and that's a bad thing? Are you that lazy that you want the computer to do it for you. Maybe you should play Street Fighter with computer baybsitting that does fireballs for you. The music is too slow? You must have been playing a different Gradius then I did. The music was upbeat and fast.

You must have played a different game then I did, and judging from your statements, you haven't played this game all this much to form a real educated opinion of this game.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I think Gradius V is average.

I feel the same about every Treasure shooter.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
As you're starting to get angry and getting me out of my nerves:

Jedah Doma said:
So you don't like Gradius 5 because it's too long, but you like Radisnt Silvergun (which is super long)?
Where? where did I say I loved RS? The only time I talked about RS was to say I prefered it over GV. That's all.
Gradius 5 plays like other shooters? What other shooter has power ups with selectable option that give you tiny options around yuor ship? Oh yes Gradius does that. Wow Gradius plays just like Gradius, who would have thought.
Go play Phalanx ignorant.
The sheild makes you invinvible the whole play? Shows how much you know, it only takes 3 hits for you. It doesn't make you invincible.
Wow, what a revelation, I'm amazed. And when you're touched by a shot and you don't die, how do you call that? Not "invincible"? So explain me what the word "invincible" means.

Youhave to press a button to make the options move or spin and that's a bad thing? Are you that lazy that you want the computer to do it for you. Maybe you should play Street Fighter with computer baybsitting that does fireballs for you.
Suck my ass, holding a button on the PS2 pad while playing is crap. Good for you if you fine it convienient. I find it crappy.

The music is too slow? You must have been playing a different Gradius then I did. The music was upbeat and fast.
Listen to Dark Funeral or Origin and you will learn what "fast" means. I told you I had special musical tastes and you still can't accpet my opinion, good. Think what you want, play your game to death if you like, I don't give a shit.

You must have played a different game then I did, and judging from your statements, you haven't played this game all this much to form a real educated opinion of this game.
"Educated"? When a man is not able to analyse the meaning of differents sentences in a paragraph to see the full sense of the whole, he's not educated. Then you're not educated.

*going to scratch his GV game just for fun*

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Before you ladies start scratching your eyes out over a shmup, let me add that I like Gradius V, but prefer Gradius Gaiden over it.

Thank you.

Robert

20 Year Member
After having finished Gradius V, I have to say that it has the same problem for me than all the gradius and other games like R-Type: the final. They are good games but you can feel that we were not designed for the arcades but for home systems. I can't explain exactly with concrete terms what does it means but it's a weird feeling I had playing GV.
I Like more Border Down than GV for that reason (didn't say that it's better, i just give my personal taste).

BTW concerning the argument about GV: Musics and graphics never made a good game alone. GV is much more impressive than Ketsui or Dai ouh jou, but I would select the last one over GV without hesitation.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Tristesse said:
As you're starting to get angry and getting me out of my nerves:

Where? where did I say I loved RS? The only time I talked about RS was to say I prefered it over GV. That's all.

Go play Phalanx ignorant.

Wow, what a revelation, I'm amazed. And when you're touched by a shot and you don't die, how do you call that? Not "invincible"? So explain me what the word "invincible" means.

Suck my ass, holding a button on the PS2 pad while playing is crap. Good for you if you fine it convienient. I find it crappy.

Listen to Dark Funeral or Origin and you will learn what "fast" means. I told you I had special musical tastes and you still can't accpet my opinion, good. Think what you want, play your game to death if you like, I don't give a shit.

"Educated"? When a man is not able to analyse the meaning of differents sentences in a paragraph to see the full sense of the whole, he's not educated. Then you're not educated.

*going to scratch his GV game just for fun*

You're the ignorant one in the end buddy. Don't pawn off your BS as anything that has real merit. Oh, so because I don't deceminate a line of sentences into bite sized pieces for you, then I'm the fool. Well, sorry to dissapoint you, but I don't have time to cut sentences up for you so you can be more comfortable. You do like RS (as you already stated is better then GV), but it's longer then GV by far. You still haven't refuted that point and all you did do was throw around questions. Look, if I have to go and point out your own words for you, because you seem to have no sense of what you say, then that's just plain sad. It seems your words aren't important enough for even you to remember, so I see the importance they hold with me, none.

Tristesse said:
Suck my ass, holding a button on the PS2 pad while playing is crap.

Yes, holding one button sucks ass. I'm sorry ONE button is so taxing for you. I didn't realize you had such little motor skills. Next time I'll make sure to put in a word with the developers to make everything work with one button press. Hell, your movement, shot, powerup, and option control should all be controlled for you with one button. This way you'll have less to bitch and moan about. I also wouldn't want to make a game too hard for you. This is coming from the same guy who like RS which has 7 buttons to use and the control pad. Which is it? You don't like GV because it has 3 buttons and the control pad, but RS with 7 is just fine. Wow, that makes perfect sense if you lived in your little world.

Tristesse said:

Ahh, why didn't you say you lied shitty metal music like that. That would have made all teh difference in the world. Screaming lyrics with chugging guitars is really cool. Hey, if you like this shitty music, fine with me, but don't pass it off as good music. That pretty musch the saddest attempt at music I've seen in the many years I've played. Oh boogie boogie, dark, satan, hell, death, dark, boogie boogie. It's been done to death and by much btter bands then this Swedish crap you like.

Well, it seems that you have the characteristics of a small child. For starters, you can't even remember what you've said before in previous statements, you want me to baby cut up all my words in to bite size pieces, and third, you seem to have a problem with any game that requires the use of more then one button. Wow, Contra on NES must have been a bitch for you then. Having a jump, but then having a SEPERATE button for your gun must have been quite a task for you. You also seem to like games, like RS, that do the same things you hate about GV. Seems you can't even get your own BS strait and with shitty music tastes, you're on the fast track to more shitty music.

I hope I made things easy and simple for you. I made two seperate paragraphs for you. Now I know it might be a bit of an undertaking for you to grasp these concepts still, but give it a try. This seems to be the only way you can properly understand things, so hey, if kids like you need a break in life, I'll make sure to help you out.

Last edited:

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Talk about panties in a twist. Both of you need to chill the fuck out. It's a game, you like or you don't. I love Sega Marine Fishing, but I don't flip out that most people think dental work's more fun.

GV = great game, brilliant execution, production values, etc. Never was a huge fan of the Gradius style though, so it's not a favorite of mine - Border Down and R-Type Final remain my top choices for horis in recent years.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
This message is hidden because Jedah Doma is on your ignore list.

I would have like to have read your flimsy arguments if you weren't in my ignore list. I hate limited people.

gmw said:
GV = great game, brilliant execution, production values, etc. Never was a huge fan of the Gradius style though, so it's not a favorite of mine - Border Down and R-Type Final remain my top choices for horis in recent years.
Exactly what I think.

Robert said:
After having finished Gradius V, I have to say that it has the same problem for me than all the gradius and other games like R-Type: the final. They are good games but you can feel that we were not designed for the arcades but for home systems.
Yes, I have the very same feeling, obvious to me as well.

I can't explain exactly with concrete terms what does it means but it's a weird feeling I had playing GV.
I Like more Border Down than GV for that reason (didn't say that it's better, i just give my personal taste).

You'd better tell it's a personnal taste or the GV pom pom girls club will fall on you like crows. :D

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Tristesse said:
I would have like to have read your flimsy arguments if you weren't in my ignore list. I hate limited people.

Exactly what I think.

Yes, I have the very same feeling, obvious to me as well.

You'd better tell it's a personnal taste or the GV pom pom girls club will fall on you like crows. :D

Wow, I was just pwned by being put on the ignore list. Well folks, since Tristesse can't see what I'm typing, let this be a lesson to you all: when your in a debate and you get put in your place, just put the other person on your ignore list like Tristesse did. It's much easier to pussy out like Tristesse did, and it takes less effort.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Ha ha, I'm betting you finally tell me I'm out of arguments and got owned but just in case, speaking with narrow-minded people is worthless. You're so limited you didn't even see I liked GV in the end.

Boo tristesse, it's so easy to ignore posts. Not easier, more convenient. :kekeke:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Tristesse said:
Ha ha, I'm betting you finally tell me I'm out of arguments and got owned.

Good guess there, you really blocked me good. *cough* BS *cough*

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
gmw said:
I love Sega Marine Fishing, but I don't flip out that most people think dental work's more fun.

Oh shit!! I'm not the only one who digs that game.

gmw said:

Again I agree. Although I've always enjoyed Gradius games for the challenge, there's better stuff out there.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I picked up Gradius V and R-Type Final on Saturday and played both last night and they are EXCELLENT games. I know what I'm doing over my spring break. ;)