R-Type final was a huge disappointment

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
I like them both and I do like the way they have interactive backgrounds, R-Type does this very well, but hey, I still think the best PORT ver. of R-TYPE 1 is on the SMS close second would be the T16....but now I'm just babling :loco:

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
R-Type Final is great. The pacing is right for this type of shmup. R-Type F isn't about speed and polished eyecandy. It's the perfect send-off for real fans of the series. I always prefered R-Type over Gradius a bit, so I'm already biased but I feel between the two, Final was a better last game for a series than V was. More of a tribute to a series than a flashy farewell that V was. V's music was tops tho'.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
xamot13 said:
R-Type Final is great. The pacing is right for this type of shmup. R-Type F isn't about speed and polished eyecandy. It's the perfect send-off for real fans of the series. I always prefered R-Type over Gradius a bit, so I'm already biased but I feel between the two, Final was a better last game for a series than V was. More of a tribute to a series than a flashy farewell that V was. V's music was tops tho'.

Well it seems we do have different tastes. I like flashy graphics with no slowdown and amazing music with fast gameplay. You like slower gameplay with slowdown and decent music. I just don't get it myself, but niether is it for me to understand. To each his own.