Wich shooter do you recomend for SEGA ST-V Titan

XRS

Crossed Swords Squire
The ones im looking at

GUARDIAN FORCE

SHIENRYU

RADIANT SILVERGUN

I would like all three but I only have cash for one :oh_no: So which one do you think is worth getting now? I havent played any of them at all so I need your opinion. Shooters I play now- Strikers, Blazing Star, Last Resort, which I like very much.

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I figure this will be moved so I'll post anyway.

XRS said:
The ones im looking at

GUARDIAN FORCE

SHIENRYU

RADIANT SILVERGUN

I would like all three but I only have cash for one :oh_no: So which one do you think is worth getting now? I havent played any of them at all so I need your opinion. Shooters I play now- Strikers, Blazing Star, Last Resort, which I like very much.

RADIANT SILVERGUN :buttrock:

I own SHIENRYU but it requires the monitor to be in a vertical position.
So I can't "play it"unless I rotate the monitor in my Candy cab..
Or get a cab with a vert monitor...(eventually)

From the looks of it running horizontal it looks pretty sweet though my favorite will always be RS..

EDIT/Added:

NOTE:
Radiant Silvergun does work on a US or Japanese Mobo but is WAY better playing it on a Japanese Mobo.

http://www.hardmvs.com/STV/ST-Vgame.htm
Radiant Silvergun
Game Name (J): Radiant Silvergun
Game Name (U): Radiant Silvergun
Company: Treasure
Year: 1998
US Release: No
Jap Release: Yes
Dual Bios Compatibility: Yes
Soft Dip Language Select: No
Buttons Used in Input Test: 2 (in US) 3 (in Jap)
Monitor Alignment: Horizontal
Cabinet Type: 2 Player
Game Type: Shooter
Saturn Port?: Yes
Notes: Seriously Dumbed Down Controls in US mode

Last edited:

XRS

Crossed Swords Squire
Dam, I think im getting the us mobo. So are the controlls really that bad for RS on a us mobo and is there anything else different?.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
XRS said:
Dam, I think im getting the us mobo. So are the controlls really that bad for RS on a us mobo and is there anything else different?.

You could put one of these in..

Sega ST-V Dual BIOS (two links below)
http://www.vsa-ag.ch/Services/STVDual/STVDual_e.htm
http://home.online.no/~tjaberg/stv/

I was going to explain about the diference between Radiant Silvergun playing US-verses Jap but it sums it up below.(from the link above)

"You want to play Radiant Silvergun with 3 buttons (japanese version) featuring all 7 weapons instead of 3, but you would prefer to play some other games in english language ?

When I first got Radiant Silvergun I put a US Mobo into my Big Red to try it and it SUCKED.. :crying:
I totally forgot about it being: (Seriously Dumbed Down Controls in US mode )
Then I went and looked up the info at Hard MVS that RevQuixo provided (thank you Rev)
So I put in the Japanese Mobo and it ROCKED!!!...It's so much better..
I think there is a button-weapons explanation screen that shows up when you start a game when in a Japanese mobo that doesn't show up when the game is in a US mobo.
Though I'd need a verification on that. :help: .Since then I've never put it in the US mobo again.. :p
................................................................................................................................
Question I have myself:
I have this broken ST-V board lying around..I think it may be a Japanese mobo.
Can the Bios chip be used to make a US mobo Japanese(exchanging the Bios chip back and forth if someone wanted to)Is there any risk to doing that ?
I'm not going to do that but If I sold it to someone could they..

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
You NEED Radiant Silvergun. Everyone needs Radiant Silvergun.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I own Shienryu and Guardian Force for the STV, both are good games though I've never played Radiant Silvergun so I can't comment on it :emb: I'm looking for a copy of RS myself but am not really in a rush for it, I've heard so many good things about it I guess you really couldn't go wrong with purchasing it, though you could probably buy both Guardian Force and Shienryu for the same price as just RS.

BIG

sony fanboy
RS.

Shienryu sucks,Guardian Force is okay.

BIG-

thefub

Armored Scrum Object
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
RS.

Shienryu sucks,Guardian Force is okay.

BIG-

NO WAY! :very_ang: Shienryu is my favorite game. It is kinda old school with an awesome soundtrack.

If you like the new school shooters that throw 1,000,000 bullets at you get Radiant Silvergun. It is a fun game with a lot of different weapons.

Guardian Force is a tank- like shooter. You are a tank that can shoot in different directions. It is great fun but just does not have the replay value as the other two games. It has been a while since I played it though.

I think Shienryu is the best out of these three. It has a perfect level of challenge and like I said above an awesome soundtrack. I am sure you will buy it and hate it then blame me for saying how great it is. I am sorry, I just love this game.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
thefub said:
NO WAY! :very_ang: Shienryu is my favorite game. It is kinda old school with an awesome soundtrack.

If you like the new school shooters that throw 1,000,000 bullets at you get Radiant Silvergun. It is a fun game with a lot of different weapons.

Guardian Force is a tank- like shooter. You are a tank that can shoot in different directions. It is great fun but just does not have the replay value as the other two games. It has been a while since I played it though.

I think Shienryu is the best out of these three. It has a perfect level of challenge and like I said above an awesome soundtrack. I am sure you will buy it and hate it then blame me for saying how great it is. I am sorry, I just love this game.

I agree 100%. Shienryu is a fantastic 2D shooter, one of my favorites as well. Great action, beautiful graphics, and great music as well. I'd target this #1 for the ST-V, even over Terra Diver (Soukyu) and RS.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Get Radiant Silvergun and Terra Diver.

Shienryu was actually packaged for the PSX as Gekioh Shooting King. You can get on the super cheap I figure.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Yeah, like $5 used. And ya know what, it's really avarage and not that hard. It feels too much like Raiden to me.

Edit: that's not to say it's bad. I like it. The PSX version has some great extras too! But I'd never bother with the arcade version when there's so many great STV shmups.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
wasabi said:
Get Radiant Silvergun and Terra Diver.

Shienryu was actually packaged for the PSX as Gekioh Shooting King. You can get on the super cheap I figure.

What he said.

Shienryu and the remake Shienryu EX also are availabe on PS2 (Shienryu: The Double Shooting in Japan or Steel Dragon EX in the US/EU).

Terra Diver/Soukyugurentai is a really cool game IMO, and there's a decent PSX port of it if you want to give it a try first, some ppl don't like the 2.5D look/gameplay.

About Radiant Silvergun, well, it seems to be slightly overrated, but it's an excellent game nonetheless. The last two levels will make you smash your stick...