Full Frontal Inserts Preview Page

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
I will chop off your feet, until it is deader than ever, the governor knows about your inserts, he will be coming to dead you! soon

Bring it on poopsie!

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Bring it on poopsie!

The Govenor is watcing you as soon as wespeak! he sent pictures of said house and I have seen! ever thing you own, i see you have many things, lamp and table.

The Cliq Mob is coming for you with my request and the goverrnot is giving orders to dead you!

release inserts or prepare to be the dead many times. donot waste time tick tick

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
release inserts or prepare to be the dead many times. donot waste time tick tick

Hey there Tiki Tavi,

You know, if you actually layed off the "mom are we there yet" bit, Chris might release them thar inserts out of boredom... :drool_2:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
kof2k1 simple quickies

I was talking to Sky_R last night and he asked about some specific designs for a 2k1 insert (using PS2 cover art or using the K team). So I busted these out real quick using my existing 2k1 design.

KOF2K1skyR-copy.jpg

KOF2K1skyR2-copy.jpg

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
le geek said:
Hey there Tiki Tavi,

You know, if you actually layed off the "mom are we there yet" bit, Chris might release them thar inserts out of boredom... :drool_2:

The "Xacrow" approach isn't a success, as you can tell from the lack of Protos. ;)

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
dammit...I really did NOT want to plunk down $425 on a new printer...but I really want to be able to make these at home. Not to mention I need more shock boxes. These are fookin awesome....but the awesomeness is bittersweet as I have to spend more money!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Couple of Slug 4's

New Art used for these (slug4 [highlight]poster[/highlight] art)
Totally reproduced the back cover for optimum clarity. (text, colored bar, etc all re-done). This version's back is closest to the original (with the exception of the flame "4" behind the team.
slug4v2ff.jpg

This version is layed out a bit differently.
slug4v2ff2.jpg

Which back is more appealing?

Last edited:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Both are awesome, but I prefer the second! :buttrock:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You've stepped up your game withe these.
They both look great. I noticed that you wrote the art is from the original insert(?) Am I wrong?? Did you just mimic the original insert? I only ask because the front cover looks to me like it came from the poster.
-BB

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
You've stepped up your game withe these.
They both look great. I noticed that you wrote the art is from the original insert(?) Am I wrong?? Did you just mimic the original insert? I only ask because the front cover looks to me like it came from the poster.
-BB

Yeah your right, i went back and looked at the Classic MS4 and original insert both of which have the character art closer together on that backdrop (oh to have those layers! :( ) I hadn't really looked at those, I just knew the art was like it.

The artwork is sourced from the poster though, your right.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Totally reproduced the back cover for optimum clarity. (text, colored bar, etc all re-done). This version's back is closest to the original (with the exception of the flame "4" behind the team.
slug4v2ff.jpg

slug4v2ff2.jpg

I like the bottom one better - the top one has a large chunk cut out of the "4" on the back, which looks a little awkward IMO.

Both the KOF 2001 inserts look equally great.

neo>all

Super nO0b
NeoCverA said:
slug4v2ff.jpg

slug4v2ff2.jpg

Like 'em both but the bottom one is ideal

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
The only thing that's stopping me from going out and printing 8 inserts I already wanted to print......is you! :(

I always go with a batch of 20 inserts to print, and the 12 left would all be from your FF Inserts.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 5

Theres some space on the back for text, etc but I left it empty to show the illustration of the Slug Gunner in the BG.
MetalSlug5ffNEW-copy.jpg

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Theres some space on the back for text, etc but I left it empty to show the illustration of the Slug Gunner in the BG.
MetalSlug5ffNEW-copy.jpg

Overall I'm liking it, but the black space is creating too many distractions, moreso on the front. Maybe try a dark red tint? Love the Slug Gunner font work on the back...

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
le geek said:
Overall I'm liking it, but the black space is creating too many distractions, moreso on the front. Maybe try a dark red tint? Love the Slug Gunner font work on the back...
MS5ffNEWgrad.jpg

Thanks for the input, I slapped a gradient across the entire insert flowing from Right to Left as it seems that is the natural flow of the front art. The color can be pretty much anything now, its just finding the best one. Here I used the green tint from Eri's shorts. You'll notice that the "New Metal Slug Ready Go" text isnt alligned flush with the spine - did this on purpose so it has its own existence on the front and not attached to anything. Ill play with the colors more after work, gotta go now.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I would try a big "watermarked" graphic, either on top of or instead of the gradient. Just a random thought. I should be working on some of these too...just been swamped with work lately. Shockboxes > Work

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I have these 2 games coming this week so I made these quickies for a kinkos run.

msxFF.jpg

ssvFF.jpg

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
I have these 2 games coming this week so I made these quickies for a kinkos run.

msxFF.jpg

ssvFF.jpg

I love 'em both - great work!

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
dammit man! you're a MACHINE! Awesome work, as usual.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Dammit..and i only have the 1st Metal Slug. Guess i REALLY need to get the others now. Good job on the new inserts Neo...i'm as impressed, as always.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Seems like White is getting a lot of play, heres an update to MS5. Im kinda digging the stark contrasts between Back and Spine/Front. I dunno though what do you think?

MS5FF.jpg

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
NeoCverA said:
Seems like White is getting a lot of play, heres an update to MS5. Im kinda digging the stark contrasts between Back and Spine/Front. I dunno though what do you think?

MS5FF.jpg

Hot DAMN! I stop checking the creative forum for a bit and a whole new insert movement revolutionizes the scene.

All I can say is wow...

Where are you acquiring the source art from?

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:

Stick a fork in it, it's done!