Neo Geo CD Conversion Project.

KaNyErO

n00b
blastar said:
i'm the author of neonopanepon, 2500 and systemcheck - i never released a cd-version and i don't like this hacked fake-releases.

please remove this ASAP!

blastar...

Ok all your works have been deleted, sorry for the inconveniences, there wont be more hacked games from your works.

for those making coasters: try to verify if your games run in emulators, and try to burn the older games not just those newer games.

Last edited:

KaNyErO

n00b
ok dont spend more cds...... it seems they dont work in real hardware but it works in dreamcast emulators.

maybe there are problems with .txt files or just with the mode they are burn :(

the most usual error is

ERROR = 0002 subchannel data missing or "corrupt"

maybe there is another way to fix this, perhaps extracting files from the iso and making a mixed cd with 2 tracks the data track and one cda ???

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
i try it before:
mixed cd with 1 track
mixed cd with 4 tracks

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
"ok dont spend more cds...... it seems they dont work in real hardware but it works in dreamcast emulators."

Well, working on the NEO CD on DC emulator (on Dreamcast) is better than only working on PC emus -_- or not at all...

Keep at it :) We apprecviate your effort :buttrock:

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Is there a way to play neo CD roms on diff systems as I can't be bothered 2 drag out my neo CD and all 98 odd games.

Like 1 DVD with everything or even 2 or 3, NOT AES as I threw that away, on any thing, possible X-box

cdoty

n00b
KaNyErO said:
Anyone that wants to pay for those conversions is free to do it, i just wanted to say that i could feel bad if i pay for a conversion and then i find that they were released for free before.

My main motivation in collecting a small donation is to help pay for bandwidth and CDs. If I posted these CDs on my site, I can almost guarantee I would exceed my bandwidth limits.

And, every game posted has been tested on a real top loading NeoGeo CD player (Japanese version). Getting the first one to work took at least 15-20 cds (probably more).

KaNyErO

n00b
cdoty said:
My main motivation in collecting a small donation is to help pay for bandwidth and CDs. If I posted these CDs on my site, I can almost guarantee I would exceed my bandwidth limits.

And, every game posted has been tested on a real top loading NeoGeo CD player (Japanese version). Getting the first one to work took at least 15-20 cds (probably more).

ok i understand that but if you want a better host contact with me, im sure you could host your isos in the same place where i hosted the conversions i did.

and yes its hard to make it work in a real ngcd, i think my conversions doesnt work but i have 2 ideas where the problem may be:

1- the aditional readme.txt (thanks to Soulement for the idea)....
2- maybe a problem in the program rom header....

but as i told befere i cant test and when i told i need help nobody did.

well anyone interested in those games is free to modify them ....

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
The Legendary LoneWolf said:
Is there a way to play neo CD roms on diff systems as I can't be bothered 2 drag out my neo CD and all 98 odd games.

Like 1 DVD with everything or even 2 or 3, NOT AES as I threw that away, on any thing, possible X-box

Welcome to the last few years... With a modded Xbox (or a regular PC) you can have all the Neo Geo games (AES/MVS version) in one DVD, and also from many other systems, via emulation.

asshat

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well here are some questions - recommendations...

A long time ago I asked the question: "Can you add more RAM to the NeoCD to get it to load more stuff in memory" and I got a No. But if you are doing these conversions from scratch couldn't you develop a hardware upgrade to add another 256MB of RAM to the Neo and then convert it so it WILL take advantage of this new RAM?

Also, regarding the music, couldn't you snag PSX/Saturn/Dreamcast versions and burn them in as Neo music? Same with sound effects? The sound effects demo in some programs should allow you to easily snag all the sounds.

KaNyErO

n00b
hi asshat thanks for your recomendations:

first of all i dont know if modding the console could help. Think that if (im not wrong) you should desolde your memory chips and put newer ones. There is not any waranty that ne new chip could work, even if the console works with that extra ram im not sure if the console could handle that extra memory.

If it worked think that maybe you could even load motw conversions in your console but if a 7 mb conversion takes 1 minute to load, the latest games could take 15-20 minutes easily.

about the music/sound effects, it would require rebuilding all the m1/v1 files, think that zintrick conversion is the same. Razoola told that the music in zintrick was tracked but somehow enabled, but nowadays nobody was able to enable it.

The arraged sound tracks could be easily added to the real games, making a backup but that could make the console have reading errors.

The only advantage could be in neocd emulators where emulate extra memory for z80/pcm may help, creating new isos so that the sound could be complete.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Welcome to the last few years... With a modded Xbox (or a regular PC) you can have all the Neo Geo games (AES/MVS version) in one DVD, and also from many other systems, via emulation.

Sorry forgot 2 type I have that version and I can't STAND the music, I want 2 hear the Neo CD music.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
There's also a NGCD emulator (with CD music) for PC and Xbox, but possibly you wouldn't be able to fit all games in just 1 DVD. I think it is even possible to "mod" the regular MVS/AES roms to replace the music for the one extracted from the NGCD soundtrack, and therefore use the regular rom-based emulators with them, but I don't know how it works.

blastar

Member,
Amano Jacu said:
...I think it is even possible to "mod" the regular MVS/AES roms to replace the music for the one extracted from the NGCD soundtrack, and therefore use the regular rom-based emulators with them, but I don't know how it works.

is not possible!

blastar...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
It is possible, it's only that I didn't want to explain it in detail, and maybe you thought I was claiming some other thing.

Using the Nebula emulator, if you have the CD soundtrack of a game in mp3 format and winamp installed, it is possible to create a file called "tracklist" that tells the emu what mp3 to play when a particular music from the rom should be played, for example something like this:

Code:
;This is a sample TrackList 
;Lines starting in ; are comments and are ignored 
[Tracks] 

;Old method for 
;Min and Max music codes: 
;MusicLow=0721 
;MusicHigh=074f 

;New method 
Musics=0721-074f,0821-084f 

;this is a sample mp3 track 
0721=d:\mp3\KOF98 - OST - Track 1.mp3 
;this is a sample CD audio track 
0722=f:\track01.cda 
;this is a sample mp3 that doesn't loop 
0723=d:\mp3\KOF98 - OST - Track 3.mp3||NOREPEAT

Therefore, you are playing the regular AES/MVS rom but the music played is the one from a CD soundtrack.

Credits to Wesker from speksnk for this info, this is the original complete Spanish version of this tutorial:

http://speksnk.net/foro/viewtopic.php?t=54004

blastar

Member,
yes, this is possible but its not a mod of the rom... nebula only remaps the sound-codes (you can use this for forcefeedback too!!!) - mod/hack the mvs/ngh-rom with cda-tracks (for use with other emulators) is impossible!

blastar...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
That's why I said "mod" between " ", I didn't want to give more details, specially using my 3rd language. Sorry for the confusion. The outcome is the same, though: you get CD-quality music with a ROM-based emu.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
OlderGames said:
No it's not. Changes were made to the DMCA a year
ago with a sub-section that stated if a game/software product
was to use specific hardware and providing said product and
hardware were not readily available in the marketplace that
one could own the roms for preservation purposes.

If you're talking gamecube, xbox or ps2 you can bet your
ass it's jailtime. If you're talking NG then we are talking
about a now officially non-supported format which is
and has been dead in the marketplace for years
and either through emulation or AES/MVS it does require
the specific hardware or emulated version thereof to play.

Feel free to search the net, this is common knowledge
now to most IP attourneys and game developers. :)

I believe that said statement only applies to libaries.

RENT-A-HERO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
BUMP :multi_co: for the question... I'dlike to buy a Neo CDZ but if there are many problem, is it better to buy a Toploading?

ShinAkuma

n00b
hello

" it seems they dont work in real hardware but it works in dreamcast emulators."
hello there!

just to say that its a good work to all those interresting new to convert neogeo K7 to CD!

i find at NFORCE a released of KOF2003 for dreamcast.... can anybody help me?
that is a NEOGEO/PLAYMORE game from ROM converted to NEO CD and runing on dreamcast or just a FAKE?

thx You

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
ShinAkuma said:
" it seems they dont work in real hardware but it works in dreamcast emulators."
hello there!

just to say that its a good work to all those interresting new to convert neogeo K7 to CD!

i find at NFORCE a released of KOF2003 for dreamcast.... can anybody help me?
that is a NEOGEO/PLAYMORE game from ROM converted to NEO CD and runing on dreamcast or just a FAKE?

thx You

This could just be KOF 2003 released for dreamcast. I'm not sure that it is, i know KOF 2002 was released on dreamcast.

cheers,
-DT