I'm REALLY, REALLY into Aria of Sorrow... Its an addiction...

TonK

Least Valuable Player
O.K., so I had this game a year ago and beat it. (I even brought it to NYC with me and played it in the middle of Times Square like a fucking dork while my wife went shopping)

The first time through, I had a great time, but never took notice at the extra features and good endings...

This time I have 20 hours logged into it so far.

I'm up to 99.5% complete on the castle and 85.3% complete on the souls.

There is a boss rush mode that gives you other rare and unique weapons...

A HARD version which is as easy as normal.

Codes to play w/o souls or items.

There are even a few glitches a la SOTN to get you above 100%... (Still wishing for an inverted castle on the DS version)

This is a GREAT game, and it is VERY well balanced with multiple enemies... 111 to be exact.

Obtaining the souls from these enemies is very challenging...

You may need a specific sould to defeat 1 enemy, and some enemies only appear in 1 room in the whole castle.

Soul Hunting is way more fun than beating this game.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
First time through I was so addicted that I made sure to get 100% on everything, even level up to 99. It kind of annoys me to have above 100% on the castle map though, it makes me feel like I'm missing something, as it isn't a nice whole number like 100%

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I finished it in a few hours and put it on a shelf. The first thing a thought was: "Were's the whip dammit!". Seriously, without the whip as primary weapon, every Castlevania is worthless.

BIG

sony fanboy
Great game,kept me occupied for hours.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that the main character looked like a girl and he/she wasn't a Belmont.

BIG-

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
Great game,kept me occupied for hours.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that the main character looked like a girl and he/she wasn't a Belmont.

BIG-

Alucard wasn't a Belmont and is basically of the same blood as Soma...

Sundance

Sho's Rival
I know how you feel. I recently picked my NGCP as the portable of choice for a sit in the doctors office and started playing SNK Card Clash Fighters again. I finished the Capcom version when they first came out but never really played the SNK version. I've spent every minute on the throne w/ it, takin' in to work for lunchbreaks and squeezed in a few games before bedtime. After i finish the SNK version i'll start in on Card Clash Fighters 2. :D

BIG

sony fanboy
TonK said:
Alucard wasn't a Belmont and is basically of the same blood as Soma...

The last true Castlevania was Dracula X..

BIG-

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
AOS was a good game and the soul system was a great idea. I'm glad that Castlevania DS will be continuing on in this tradition, as it makes the old subweapons feature a lot more interesting.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to call it an addiction, but collecting souls made for a deeper gameplay experience. The squad of bone archers in the new DS screens looks pretty awesome :drool:

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Tristesse said:
Seriously, without the whip as primary weapon, every Castlevania is worthless.

I disagree. I thought the SOTN method of having one or two of a large variety of weapons at any given time was way better.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
dark penguin said:
I disagree. I thought the SOTN method of having one or two of a large variety of weapons at any given time was way better.

Indeed, SOTN had no whips and it's an amazing game.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Jedah Doma said:
Indeed, SOTN had no whips and it's an amazing game.

Agreed, I prefer the SotN type Castlevania rather than the whip style.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
from the main page it says I'm REALLY, REALLY into Aria
I come expecting something else
instead I get a gay thread
I hate you all

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
No big deal. Richter had a whip, Julius had a whip. It's all good. I just wish that the characters had their own storylines seperate from the normal one and where selectable from the start; as Maria was in Dracula X.