Bomberman DS : voice controlled !!!

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Was not really looking forward to this game but now they got me interested :

- use your voice to [I assume] drop the bombs.
- 8 players... someone hack me the DS fast for online play

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ds/bomberman-ds-screens-032583.php

One of my favorite games of all time is coming to the Nintendo DS. Bomberman is set to hit the Nintendo portable this Summer. Here’s a snip from the release:

Bomberman DS will take advantage of the unique features of Nintendo’s new handheld console. The intense battle action will take place on both screens of the console for a wider view of the game, with players able to access and use the menu via the Touch Screen function. Leading battles by voice input will be easy with the Nintendo DS™ voice recognition system and microphone: just ‘SHOUT’ and win your battle! Gamers can also choose between the ‘standard’ single-player mode and ‘battle’ mode where up to 8 people compete against each other via the wireless LAN feature.

Bomberman%20DS_screen1.JPG

Bomberman%20DS_screen2.JPG

Last edited:

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Well, it seems an interesting and original feature, but.... this system is supposed to be great for playing everywhere... switching continuosuly from the pad to the stylus and, now, shouting at it.

Yay! I can't wait to play bomberman in the bus! :p

[OCEAN]

barf

Maxima's Barber
[OCEAN] said:
Well, it seems an interesting and original feature, but.... this system is supposed to be great for playing everywhere... switching continuosuly from the pad to the stylus and, now, shouting at it.

Yay! I can't wait to play bomberman in the bus! :p

[OCEAN]

when the subway starts and stops or someone has a caugh you get a bomb dropped at your feet... not so funny i fear :P

I wonder if that s language-sensitive

bakudaaaaaaaaan bakudaaaaaaaaaaaan bakudaaaaaaaaaaaan, i guess you ll sound crazy if you import :)

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I don't know about this. I can just see someone in an airport saying "drop bomb" in to a little device.

But yes, I will be picking this up.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
Gameoz said:
I don't know about this. I can just see someone in an airport saying "drop bomb" in to a little device.

:kekeke: that would be pretty hilarious (for observers). Seriously though, has anyone ever played a game that had voice control. You sound like a retard and no one wants to be anywhere near you. People still can't deal with hands-fee mobiles yet...

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I thought the DS could only do 3D on one screen at a time?

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
Nesagwa said:
I thought the DS could only do 3D on one screen at a time?

I don't think so, the Metroid demo displays 3D on both screens at some point..

barf

Maxima's Barber
I am quite sure you can only use hardware 3D viewports on one screen, but you can still draw by software the 3D yourself on the other (since you can do a per-pixel drawing)

RyuKenAkuma

Rugal's Thug
Bomberman%20DS_screen1.JPG

Bomberman%20DS_screen2.JPG
[/QUOTE]

If this is what the game looks like well....................... Those bombers look kinda gay.....

RyuKenAkuma

Rugal's Thug
Gameoz said:

Thats pretty funny this game will be on the news and many kids will be in jail. :kekeke: