How is Lumines ?

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
I am thinking of picking it up as a launch title since it seems to be very similar to tetris.

how is it in relation to that classic game ?

BIG

sony fanboy
Lumines is somewhat similar to Tetris,but as far as concept goes,it is much more similar to Super Puzzle fighter. In Tetris,different shapes are fit together to make lines,but in Lumines,the goal is to mix and match same color pieces in order to make squares,a concept very similar to that of Super Puzzle Fighter. The more squares linked together creates chains,thus rewarding you with more points. Also,the BGM seems to play a big part in Lumines. I would like to explain it here,but haven't quite figured that one out,myself.

BIG-

barf

Maxima's Barber
They are puzzle games in which you must create bigger elements . That s all.

They don t have much in common (lumines is as close to tetris as columns...).

IN tetris you must make a plain line using blocks of various sizes so that the line disapears.

In lumines, single player mode you must create squares (or agglomerates of squares) using only squares made of 4 smaller squares. There are 2 colours and squares only disapear when uniform in color and then whiped by a line going from left to right (in advanced levels your pieces fall verry fast but the line moves verry slowly... thus the blocks take a looooooooong time to disapear and it becomes really hard).
In puzzle mode you must create a shape given (a cross, a dog, a camel, etc) from one color (and you cannot overdraw, the color blocks connected must only be that ).

Lumines is verry verry enjoyable but some colour schemes and pieces shapes are really disapointing sometimes (in the real sense, it gets difficult to distinguish patterns you previously made) and that is ON PURPOSE >.< Q are evil

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Eri Nobuchika's "Lights" alone is worth the game.