Sangoku Musou and Mahjong Fightclub

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I just bought these games with a new PSP. They are widely released now and in japan. It took a long time!

Sangoku Musou (dynasty warriors) is awesome. The graphics look really nice, and the art is all lifted from the ps2 sangoku musou 3. The gameplay is a little different, but overall feels nice. Its cool in the same way that gauntlent legends is, you just mindlessly kill stuff and level up your guys.

Mahjong Fight club is great, the interface and graphics are clean. So far I like it better than Koei's Mahjon Taikai. But, I think Mahjong Taikai has a little more personality.

barf

Maxima's Barber
i am waiting for a real characters oriented ma-jan game :)
what is the level of cpu btw ? iirc it is based on an arcade game and usually arcade ma-jan make the opponent over-lucky in tiles draw to compensate the lack of ia talent.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I cant comment for Mahjong Fightclub yet, so far it seems fair.

But the AI on Mahjong Taikai is great. Its really difficult but completely fair. You never see the computer get the best hands consistently. Also the Mahjong Taikai has a bunch of goofy characters, an old lady, a school girl, a goth boy, etc. Also each stage you play, they change the rules and the scoring system, so it keeps you on your toes. Really enjoyable game, I was playing the DS version. The only downside is the tiles are really really small, so you have to strain to see some of them.

Both games are nothing like the arcade Usagi, Hot Gimmick, game center type games, where the computer just comes out with extreme hands right away.

barf

Maxima's Barber
Nice :) i guess i ll get taikai then, i ll get it when buying Tales of Eternia (march 3). For now i am already over-booked for my travels with mojipittan and metal gear acid :P