Help wanted from the NGPC masses

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
I'm in charge of the NGPC section at Digital Press. Yep, someone's gotta do it. Anyhow, I fancy it's time to let the people here see what is currently in the database and suggest changes and alterations (especially on rarity and price) to what I currently have.

You can view the current listing here (Excel spreadsheet):

http://62.168.142.47/~mayhem/images/ngpc4ngcom.xls

The real spreadsheet I have has many, many more columns... this is just all the pertinent stuff ;)

All prices are for COMPLETE only (in US$), except US Faselei and Last Blade of course because they are only around as loose.

All hardware is US release I believe. I didn't get a chance to do that part properly (just the software side) so that's probably where most of the change is needed.

If anything is missing and you feel it should also be in there, let me know.

So thanks in advance for any assistance here :)

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
Well, IMO the UK/Euro B+W games are harder to find than some of the later colour titles (Picture Puzzle, Reversi etc).

Also, Dive Alert Becky's is harder to find than cotton, evolution and reversi...

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
Yeah I'm looking to up the price/rarity of most of the UK b&w games btw.

Though you'd said DA:Becky has less complete copies out there than Pocket Reversi? :loco:

Hmm... probably not inclined to agree there, but I am inclined to push the rarity point up one notch seeing as it was the penultimate UK game I got.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
No, I'd say it is possibly harder to find, just because Reversi is on eBay 2 or 3 times a month... (though the B+W titles are on far less than that..). That could be because people who have it may not realise that its HTF, pos the same reason some B+W titles are HTF.

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
I take your point, but I'm basing my rarities as much off actual copies out there as ease of acquisition. If it was purely ease of buying, then PR would not be a 9 ;)

Likewise everyone goes off on US Dragonball GT for PS1 with 10,000 copies made but it's all over eBay (I'm talking about before the reprint). I can think of a few easier to find games that don't appear on eBay as much as it. You see where I'm coming from?

100 PRs vs 1000 DA:Becky for example... thing is, as you said, people know PR is valuable, and probably not that DA:B is. Also because people might be holding onto copies for their collection which does have to come into the calculations. It does have to also take into consideration how often one comes up for sale. I would expect that to rise if DA:B's rarity was fully known.

It's a hard one to call. Nothing is going to displace PR from the top because no other UK game comes anywhere near close to the fewest complete copies out there. I think you'd agree on that, right?

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
son_of_bael said:
No, I'd say it is possibly harder to find, just because Reversi is on eBay 2 or 3 times a month... (though the B+W titles are on far less than that..). That could be because people who have it may not realise that its HTF, pos the same reason some B+W titles are HTF.
2 or 3 a month? I don't think it's that many, but I'd bet that it's more often than Becky version. The minty PR I have on eBay right now isn't getting much attention :(

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
Thing is though... and it applies to a number of other games on other formats... quite often it can be a subset of all known copies doing the rounds on a constant resell basis :smirk:

So you can't quite ALWAYS trust eBay in terms of how much appearance until you can figure out if copies that show up are ones you've known to have been sold before on there, or these are brand spanking new to the eBay scene.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Mayhem said:
Thing is though... and it applies to a number of other games on other formats... quite often it can be a subset of all known copies doing the rounds on a constant resell basis :smirk:

So you can't quite ALWAYS trust eBay in terms of how much appearance until you can figure out if copies that show up are ones you've known to have been sold before on there, or these are brand spanking new to the eBay scene.
To a point, you are right about eBay. But you must account for the fact that the NGPC scene is small enough that the chances of someone knowing that Pocket Reversi is rare and not that Becky version is is slim. Meaning that you would likely see more copies for sale if people had them. I get way more requests for Dive Alert Becky than Pocket Reversi.

In fact, we're going to run a poll.....

crazy4ercole

Kabuki Klasher
Here are few hardware NEOP# missing in your list:

Neck Strap Japanese - NEOP19021
AC Power Adapter Japanese - NEOP11020
Samurai Spirit Limited Set - NEOP90010
Delsol PachiSlot Set - NEOP90270
Ohanabi PachiSlot Set - NEOP90280
Dekahel PachiSlot Set - NEOP90290

Hope this helps :)

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
Cheers for that, sort of thing I'm after :)

Any thoughts about rarity and price for each though?

jedipie

Quiz Detective
hi - sounds like a good list there - i will go through the UK games later tonight and see what u think about each title.

quick question - what is this list for???

BTW Beckys was the last game that i needed in the UK 39. Pocket reversi was about game number 30 in my colection

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
jedipie said:
quick question - what is this list for???

Read the first sentence of my first post ;)

Seeing as the people here are probably the most knowledgable on the system (aside from myself) I figured I'd run it by you...

jedipie

Quiz Detective
'I'm in charge of the NGPC section at Digital Press'

so what is Digital Press? A website? A magazine?

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
Both. It is also responsible for a fully comprehensive set of rarity guides.

http://www.digitpress.com

I got handed the NGPC section as I'm probably the only person on the staff with a dedicated collection for it and the experience to carry it through. Aside from also handling the C64 and Vic20 sections on top.