So, how can i get mpegs and avi clips on my PSP memory stick

Allien133

Astra Superstar
I wanna watch anime and sutch on my psp. Is it possilbe to transfer files like this and watch it on my psp?

any help would be great.

thanks
-Jared

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Get image converter2, its much much easier to use than that other converter in that thread that was linked.

barf

Maxima's Barber
Allien133 said:
Thanks for the help man. I have a mac though, too bad i can't get those apps for a mac.

Anyone know a way to convert to mpeg-4 and make them compatible for the psp while using a mac? :crying:

Get Virtual PC or another PC emulator and make them from there.

3GP is better than sony image converter, but you will have to edit the ini to add a Q2 (high quality quantization for variable bitrate) encoding.

First of all, reencode your video with virtual dub:
- crop your video (with a null transform) so that you get a width-height porportion equivalent of 480x272 (go through the whole movie so that you do a proper pan)
- sharpen a bit your video
- resize your video using lanczos3 mode to 320x240

this way you can play your video in the screen porportions of the PSP and get a great result in PSP fullscreen mode (if you don t do that either you loose proportions or say good bye to half the vertical resolution)

I hope soon there will be a firmware update to allow 480x272 videos to be played via memory sticks :/

Allien133

Astra Superstar
PinkPeach said:

3GP is better than sony image converter, but you will have to edit the ini to add a Q2 (high quality quantization for variable bitrate) encoding.

- crop your video (with a null transform) so that you get a width-height porportion equivalent of 480x272 (go through the whole movie so that you do a proper pan)

this way you can play your video in the screen porportions of the PSP and get a great result in PSP fullscreen mode (if you don t do that either you loose proportions or say good bye to half the vertical resolution)

I hope soon there will be a firmware update to allow 480x272 videos to be played via memory sticks :/
Thanks for the help man, but i only have 1/2 of an idea of what you are talking about.
:conf:
Can i download a pc emu off the net through limewire and such?
thanks.

barf

Maxima's Barber
Allien133 said:
Thanks for the help man, but i only have 1/2 of an idea of what you are talking about.
:conf:
Can i download a pc emu off the net through limewire and such?
thanks.

nope, iirc from this year on, Microsoft Virtual PC is part of Office for Mac.

Virtual PC is a PC emulator which will allow you to install windows on a virtual drive (in fact a file of either dynamic or fixed size) from within it. This way, you can use windows programs on your mac. You can share data with the virtual machine via virtual network folders (you choose a folder of your mac to be assigned to a virtual network drive).

It may sound complicated but it is not at all, and is verry convenient (i use it to test my software on all windows versions and unix, run old dos software that don t run with vdms layer etc).

Curt

apostate
I'd just like to throw in my support of the 3GP converter, and mention again that so far Sony's Image Converter software unneccarily bloats converted Video Files to sometimes larger than the original file, and the quality is not as easily changed compared to 3GP.

BIG

sony fanboy
PinkPeach said:

Where can I get this 3GP software?

BIG-