Anyone know how to open DVD Security cases?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Last edited:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
WTF? :lol:

I'm guessing you could do it with a screwdriver. Or maybe if the locking mechanism has holes in which things insert you could use some pointy things.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
bokmeow said:
My library started to put these cases on the DVDs. If someone could instruct me on how to open these cases, would be greatly appreciated.

Let me introduce to you, the Masher!!!
Gallagher.jpg

:smirk:

4lom

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Some type of magnet. You slide the end of the case with the security device showing into a "magnet holder" and it slides out.

I've seen these several times. If you look behind the counter at your "library" you should see them.

Anyway, good luck.

:buttrock:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
KagerouSama said:
Let me introduce to you, the Masher!!!
Gallagher.jpg

:smirk:
Lol

I *heart* Gallagher

OK, let me explain. All the PCs in my public library have DVD players, and we have DVDs available for rental at $1.00. Yes, I know it's a pittance, but until they had implemented these DVD cases, they just had the original DVD cases that housed them from retail. So, basically one had the freedom to watch whichever, whenever.

I'm assuming the library figured, if they are to collect more rental fees, they should implement the security cases.

I'll just pony up the $1.00. I wish I managed to watch more of the movies before they implemented the case :[

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
you need a magnet positioned in the right direction in order for it to unlock.
when i used to work at blockbuster they used that same case and lock.

but the easiest way is with some heavy duty scisors and break the case open since you cannot get any of the unlockers easily.

muffinman943

Banned
The guy at blockbuster never took mine off, and all I did was jam my car key in the top part and snap a bit off, then took it back to the store where he just used pliers to take the rest off.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I remember when some kid at school stole a CD, brought it to school and couldn't for the life of him get that big plastic security thing off. Looked like a waste of time to save 10 bucks.

In your case, this is an enormous waste of time to save 1 buck.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
dude.
take a knife and gank them all open.
then everyone can see them.
viva' la revolution!

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
My first day of work at an electronics store, we had magnetic security boxes for SD cards, USB drives, and other small items. No one told me about them, so I figured you just had to push the little knob, and that the knob on my particular box was jammed. I ended up opening it with a fire exstinguisher.

/ end shinfo.