Is Shawn at the Neo Store............???

What is Shawn doing or where is shawn............???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

20 Year Member
I don't believe what I have just read. Any company in the whole world giving such an excuse would have sunk in the next 5 days.
This board offered me a lot of suprises over the last 4 years but this is over everything I have read.

That's just insane

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Michael, I know how you feel man. and I don't blame you for posting this. but judging from others' experience with the Neo-Store, I can assure you that you will get your game/s and everything will be just fine. just give Shawn/Neo Store sometime, and try to bring up the subject in a good manner (if needed).

good luck.

Shito said:
BTW, what game is this?

layla0ob.jpg

ChaDe is radically old-style-flavored cool! :buttrock:

that game is for the Famicom.

P

Palmer Eldritch

Thanks very much.
I believe you, and I really don´t doubt things will get sorted out eventually.
I´d just hate to see this extremely fine place and the store go off-line due to waning interests from the people that run the place.

--Michael

brentsg said:
Maybe he's playing World of Warcraft again... that would explain it.

I just noticed that Shawn WAS playing WoW. Yeah, I'm behind the times a bit. So do I get a cookie???

B

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
that game is for the Famicom.

yeah, i know, for i can read kana. I was just kinda looking for some more infos about it...

ericb

NEST Puppet
Palmer Eldritch said:
But this was posted when?

Meanwhile in the real world, I am an *ACTUAL* customer who´s placed an *ACTUAL* order.
As much as I´d like to partake in the cheerful banter, and guess when or even if Shawn returns from his happy gaming heaven, I still need to have some sort of confirmation that my emails aren´t just hitting a one-way street and waiting somewhere unattended to.

Neostore will hardly remain the "Net´s largest Neo Geo superstore" for long if they neglect the customers this way.

Just my bad luck I guess. First time I order from a site that I´ve spent considerable time scrutinizing and getting a good feel for, and the whole thing seems to collapse on itself.

--Michael

I felt very, very much the same way. I couldn't understand how I had just sent someone $230, and it's sitting in his pocket (well, his PayPal account anyways), and I had nothing to show for it.

Then, the email came. I got a shipping confirmation (after sending about one email every morning asking for a status update) from seemingly an automated system with a tracking number. Plus he threw in something cool because of the delay, I guess.

Still... I mean... it's a strange way to run a business, that's for sure. This is my first experience with the NeoStore, and I'm getting into the MVS scene now, and there are a lot of kits I'd like to pick up, but honestly, I'm afraid. It's a shame Ryan at JGN doesn't have such a great stock of MVS, otherwise I'd pick up from him in a heartbeat.

It's just a shame that the Neo community doesn't have much of a choice when it comes to buying games from online retailers... and maybe Shawn is realizing that...

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Well, I have ordered from the Neo-Store many times with out any problems. However, the last time I ordered was before Christmas and I understand that most of the problems occured after that.

I owned a video game store for a few years and really enjoyed it. Shawn may just need to decide if he wants to continue doing what he is doing. I think this site provides a nice outlet for Neo Geo gamers, so I hope he continues to allow it to exist.

However, after reading a lot of the post here, I am sometimes surprised that Shawn doesn't just nuke this site.

ericb

NEST Puppet
Gameoz said:
However, after reading a lot of the post here, I am sometimes surprised that Shawn doesn't just nuke this site.

This is very true, I wonder it myself. I'm almost scared to put up posts like my last one, for fear of just this happening. But when it comes down to it, I'd say that 90% (and that estimate is completely without basis in fact whatsoever) of his sales come from patrons of this board, or former members who have abandoned posting for one reason or another. The abolition of this board, and subsequently, his store, would leave him with a ton of stock and a lot of pissed off people who may not wish to buy it from him.

It's a tricky situation, that's for sure.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
damn so shawn takes his ng.c $$$ and buys wow gold with it? :kekeke:

someone buy a fucking game already daddy needs a new pair of chainmail gauntlets!!!1

and everyone knows shawn is a blizzard fanboi. he used to talk about wciii and he has mentioned diablo and sc many a time. couldnt believe it though after all this time shawn pops up and sez hes been playing wow nonstop. :tickled:

and are people still waiting for their shit with no word from shawn or was everything sorted when shawn came forth with his problem (knowing he was in a safe place amongst friends)?

heres a xword puzzle 4 u all:

hdfhdrgergf
kawdfghfjhi
zlv60maged
agwegweml
qergergergf

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
FeelGood said:
and are people still waiting for their shit with no word from shawn or was everything sorted when shawn came forth with his problem (knowing he was in a safe place amongst friends)?

I placed an order on Jan 27th. I received an email that stated that my order could not be shipped to the address I submitted (the address was not on file with my CC company); I'm away at college and wanted my stuff sent there. I emailed the NeoStore to correct the problem on Jan 29th. I have also sent a few other emails after the first one. I have NOT received a reply. All my faith in the NeoStore and Shawn has been lost. I DO NOT intend to order anything from the NeoStore again....unless drastic changes take place!

SHO

Raiden's Valet
Neo Ash said:
I placed an order on Jan 27th. I received an email that stated that my order could not be shipped to the address I submitted (the address was not on file with my CC company); I'm away at college and wanted my stuff sent there. I emailed the NeoStore to correct the problem on Jan 29th. I have also sent a few other emails after the first one. I have NOT received a reply. All my faith in the NeoStore and Shawn has been lost. I DO NOT intend to order anything from the NeoStore again....unless drastic changes take place!

Most companies do this.

its for the sake in the unlikely event that someone stole your credit card and order lots of shiet and have it shipped to the thiefs address. then you report credit card missing and do a charge back, the neo store loose the money and the goods.

I'm sorry but this is a perfectly normal action to take

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
SHO said:
Most companies do this.

its for the sake in the unlikely event that someone stole your credit card and order lots of shiet and have it shipped to the thiefs address. then you report credit card missing and do a charge back, the neo store loose the money and the goods.

I'm sorry but this is a perfectly normal action to take

I understand what you are saying and I am aware of that practice to protect CC's. However, my point is I have not received a reply email...no communication concerning this matter. I have sent several emails to sales@neo-geo.com. My credit card has been charged and the money has gone through. My order has not been shipped.

P

Palmer Eldritch

SHO said:
Most companies do this.

Most companies don´t ignore their customers this way.

How long does it usually take for Neostore to deliver the goods anyway, and can I assume that since I haven´t received an email saying that the goods have shipped, Neostore basically hasn´t done anything with my order?

--Michael

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
FeelGood said:

Am still waiting for a reply from Shawn, for about 3 months now.

Last e-mail sent January 31.

pretas

Marked Wolf
I thought this was all resolved and Shawn was going to be shipping orders and answering e-mails... right?

Shawn pulls that stinker of an excuse out of his ass and the morons (i.e. about 50% of the people posting) forgave him because he "was back". I hope you easy forgivers were the one who got screwed this latest time.

HEY SHAWN, here's a tip...
DON'T TAKE PEOPLE'S MONEY IF YOU WILL NOT PROVIDE THE GOOD/SERVICES IN A TIMELY MANNER!

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
The Neostore's reputation is gone. And Shawn STILL isn't doing all in his power to make things good. Unbelievable. After all this, I for one will never order from there again.

Luckily Vinh and Ryan still offer top notch service.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Maybe we should all buy that MMORPG, and find him in one of his quests and talk to to him there.

Actually, what if Shawn was paid by the maker's of this game, so they would sell more of them? "If you want to talk to Shawn, instead of e-mail, use WoW. Just find him, and conduct business there!" :smirk:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
Neo Ash said:
I understand what you are saying and I am aware of that practice to protect CC's. However, my point is I have not received a reply email...no communication concerning this matter. I have sent several emails to sales@neo-geo.com. My credit card has been charged and the money has gone through. My order has not been shipped.

alright i didnt know your credit card has been charged and no reply

hmmm but there isnt anywhere else for me to buy brand new aes cart............. :conf:

no where else to get my future aes tittle when i can afford them

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
This is all really surprising. Last time I dealt with the Neo Store was in spring 2003, around the time Matrimelee was released. Everything was perfectly top-notch: lightning communication from Shawn, perfect shipping, etc.

It's a big surprise to see how many people are being ignored here, after all this drama. I'd hope that Shawn resolves things for all in this thread: after all, the major community of Neo Store buyers are all folks from this forum...

P

Palmer Eldritch

This is almost surreal. How can Neostore NOT want to do business.
Apparently they´ve got plenty of stock.

Third email dispatched right about now. Fingers crossed.

--Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.