Is Shawn at the Neo Store............???

What is Shawn doing or where is shawn............???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
Snake-Eyes said:
You know what, I have'nt had that feeling for 5 years, games just dont do that to me anymore. :(

Hmm..

That "lost in another world" feeling came only with the following games:

1. Castlevania SOTN
2. Dracula X Chi no Rondo
3. Warcaft II and III (This one nearly cost me a months salary)
4. Battle for Middle Earth.

Perhaps a change of genere would help?

Btw, I would be trying out World of Warcraft and Mu-online soon.

Last edited:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Shawn said:
For years the NeoStore has managed to consistently provide exceptional service, until recently. There are a handful of outstanding orders from international customers that involved further credit card owner verification, a time consuming yet necessary process. These customers will receive a full refund for their overseas shipping and handling charges, and these orders will be shipped ASAP.

So why the slip you ask?
I’m still alive, the NeoStore is still open but it has been operating in low gear. Some of you may remember BonusKun, about how you wouldn’t hear from him for ages, that’s because he was off playing Phantasy Star Online. Well, I too have succumbed to a similar MMORPG with a land of never ending quests, best compared to the popular EverQuest AKA EverCrack.

The problem was that I’ve been playing World of Warcaft like mad. This is the most addictive video game I’ve been sucked into since I was twenty (Ultima Online). But now I’m a level 60 mage (the cap), and there are no new levels to gain. Playing in moderation is now within my control. I have woken up so to speak.

I realize I may have lost some respect from some of you business wise, but I’m hoping the gamer in you will allow me to earn it back. All current and new orders will now be shipped with the exceptional speed that many have been accustomed to. Any outstanding emails will be addressed ASAP.

I feel your pain! I have been addicted to EverQuest 2 (Evercrack) since Nov 9th 2004 -- where do you think I have been the entire time?

Last edited:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
DashK said:
Fucking Gospel.

The excuse "I was wanking my dick over WoW" is not valid, if you run an online company. Is Shawn admitting this is only a "fan pastime"? Taking that into account, how could you order from someone like this, who may get easily distracted by something else and lose the time to answer your email or send something out.

Saying your dog ate the piece of paper your server info was on, would have been more believeable than world of warcraft..... :lol:

Spoken like someone who has never really played an MMORPG for an extensive amount of time. You may not find Shawn's reason believable, but MMORPGs have been known to ruin people's lives.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
i was addicted to a game called stronghold...

i was ranked 1 in the world for a good amount of time and in the community my name is still said in whispers there...

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
NeoLord said:
Spoken like someone who has never really played an MMORPG for an extensive amount of time. You may not find Shawn's reason believable, but MMORPGs have been known to ruin people's lives.

Shawn's reasons are believable and I think the right term for any customer would be, is the reason acceptable?

"Sorry your order was delayed cuz I was lost in the World of Warcaft"

People slip once in awhile and it's a good thing Shawn came back with an answer.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Remember that time we all had to evacuate Buyrite's forums, having taken the time to form a community around the store for over 4 years?

Spiny Norman indeed.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
i just placed an order at the neo store

i had to wait till there was some sort of response before i place any order

now please ship my order before you go play that game, thx

I guess this 1 negative feedback out of 10000000000000000

which still makes 99,9999999% (rounds up to 100) good feedback

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Its really unacceptable to continue to take orders while not shipping nor informing the public of your absence.

The only thing I can say for anyone is reverse your roles....You sent out $900 to another party and they just refuse to answer you e-mails because "I was playing an RPG". Do you laugh at their answer and forgive them or do you seriously get mad?

I for one am not personally against Shawn, but this is a super bad business practice. Other members mentioned, Buyrite and Kid Apex gets shit on because they dont communicate nor ship within a reasonable amount of time. And most of the transactions between those parties are under $150.

This is my last post on this thread. My 2 cents are posted...

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Athlon64 said:
Shawn's reasons are believable and I think the right term for any customer would be, is the reason acceptable?

"Sorry your order was delayed cuz I was lost in the World of Warcaft"

People slip once in awhile and it's a good thing Shawn came back with an answer.

Exactly! I am certainly not saying that any of it is acceptable, but you have to give the man credit for spending 4 years behind a keyboard, working relentlessly to offer flawless customer service to the Neo-Geo community. All work and no play can make Jack a dull boy as they say.

He (Shawn) found an outlet to vent his boredom and it consumed more time than expected; the man is only human after all.

Last edited:

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I understand perfectly why people are willing to forgive Shawn, his reputation is (for good reason) as solid as.......well......something more solid than I can think of. Shawn makes a little slip up, and we should forgive, people like buyrite have been screwing people over for a long and consistant time period.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
man .... just when I thought the drama was a bit down at these forums lately.

glad you're alright, Shawn. this is indeed good news.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
See... what i don't understand is, its always those with low post count or speak really crap english that complains all the time

when you buy from an online store, i highly doubt they will run away with your money and not send goods (ok except buyright, we know not to shop there anyway)

Rogerkorn

Quiz Detective
Ok Shawn is back bla bla bla and now what? My intention never was to discredit shawn or neostore.This is the first time that i buy something at neostore so please guys understand my situation.

And my bad english jaja.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
Rogerkorn said:
Ok Shawn is back bla bla bla and now what? My intention never was to discredit shawn or neostore.This is the first time that i buy something at neostore so please guys understand my situation.

And my bad english jaja.

Situation understood..

Did you contact Shawn already?

Rogerkorn

Quiz Detective
Athlon64 said:
Situation understood..

Did you contact Shawn already?

I sent him many emails so i supossed that i have to wait for my tracking number.

But the question is how long?

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I am amazed at how honest Shawn is. It would have been easy to make up an excuse that most people would have bought in to. (Such as a death in the family ect.)

However, to come out and post what he did, took some balls IMO. Most people probably would have made something up. I respect his honesty, which in the long run, may cost him some business.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Athlon64 said:
3. Our previous offer for a free web design for your site is still up. PM me if you still want it done.
What the hell?

If you're so outraged by this situation, no one's forcing you to shop at the neostore. He said he was sorry so let's be civil, he's only human.

Rogerkorn

Quiz Detective
I understood shawn´s situation because ibeen hooked when i play first time samurai shodown 4 but i dont make wait nobody.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
Rogerkorn said:
I understood shawn´s situation because ibeen hooked when i play first time samurai shodown 4 but i dont make wait nobody.

@Shawn

Please answer this guy once and for all..

gmtkr

n00b
the silence is over

Rogerkorn said:
Yes shawn please answer me i been waiting too much.

eclectico68@yahoo.com
my last email from shawn was dec.21, i've been waiting to hear from him since then. :(
he finally sent me a response late this afternoon :eek: and said my order will be shipped immeadiately and he will upgrade my shipping free of charge. :loco:
i would imagine you should be hearing from him anytime now since we have been waiting a similiar amount of time for a response. :rolleyes:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Rogerkorn said:

Get over it already, you'll get your game with free shipping, and probably some
cool extras. Callaté yá, pendejo.

Status
Not open for further replies.