Is Shawn at the Neo Store............???

What is Shawn doing or where is shawn............???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobak said:
... MMORPGs, they're unbelievably addicting... or so I've read. I too am too afraid of getting involved for fear of crashing and burning my final semester of law school.

Same here, minus law school. I was asked to try Anarchy Online... for free actually for 1 year and I still won't do it. The way I see it, if I don't know what i'm missing, then there is nothing to miss. Sort of the opposite of "Better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all."

I'm going to hold off MMORPGs for as long as I can. I've never played one, so I have no real idea what I am missing. Fine by me. Besides, I'd feel guilty as all hell for using up so much personal time, to be burned up on etherspace, and I'd have to pay somebody to do it... again all for a type of entertainment of which I don't know anyway.

Rogerkorn

Quiz Detective
that is exactly what

kobylka68 said:
Well this whole situation is very unbelievable. Who knows where shawn is, if you have the time to take someone's money then you have the time to give them their items or at least some kind of status report.
That is exactly what i think about it. Or It is very impossible that he doesn't have an assistant or someone to take careabout his bussiness?

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Rogerkorn said:
That is exactly what i think about it. Or It is very impossible that he doesn't have an assistant or someone to take careabout his bussiness?

RogerKorndog, he's back now and he said he is going to resolve all these issues, so you can STFU now.

Rogerkorn

Quiz Detective
Snake-Eyes said:
People are taking this situation too far, so I thought i'd join in.
Don't take this thread the wrong way guys, well all know these situations are highly likely to be sorted and I bet theres a good explanation to it all.

As we all know this website can't live without one piece of drama once a day.
Unfortunitly RogerKorn is making the bigger part of this making the neo store look seriously bad, when we have all had great service from Shawn etc. Along with this Rogerkorn has threatend to post a new thread everyday untill his goods arrive....and in reality we are the ones suffering with his engrish posts, I just wish Shawn would appear ASAP and sort the score out so we can carry on as usual.

Ok you think that i make all this drama and you say that you have the great service of shawn. I dare to buy at neostore because i read all the good things that all members say and the great service now you tell me what i have to think?

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Snake-Eyes said:
RogerKorndog, he's back now and he said he is going to resolve all these issues, so you can STFU now.

Obviously Shawn will resolve the situation... he's a level 60 mage for Christ's sake. Do you know how many tricks he has in his spell book? He could turn RogerKorn into a road apple if he so chooses.

Be that as it may don't tell this guy to shut the fuck up, he paid nearly a grand and had to wait over a month for his items. I know nothing about the "waiting for credit to clear" portion of the transaction as Shawn put it, so that may very well have been a factor... but I think the circumstances entitle this guy to his opinion (and the right to voice it in the forums.) Feedback, both positive and negative (when deserved), help keep a business healthy and customer-oriented. This guy should be allowed (and even encouraged) to speak his mind.

gmtkr

n00b
damn straight

Stinky-Dinkins said:
Obviously Shawn will resolve the situation... he's a level 60 mage for Christ's sake. Do you know how many tricks he has in his spell book? He could turn RogerKorn into a road apple if he so chooses.

Be that as it may don't tell this guy to shut the fuck up, he paid nearly a grand and had to wait over a month for his items. I know nothing about the "waiting for credit to clear" portion of the transaction as Shawn put it, so that may very well have been a factor... but I think the circumstances entitle this guy to his opinion (and the right to voice it in the forums.) Feedback, both positive and negative (when deserved), help keep a business healthy and customer-oriented. This guy should be allowed (and even encouraged) to speak his mind.
i couldn't agree more!!

Rogerkorn

Quiz Detective
glad to hear about Shawn

I'm very glad to hear about Shawn. For all the bad things we are thought Shawn happened, the less happened him. Games are too addictive, I know that. so I hope He can put everything in order now. Thank you for all your + or - comments about my situation. Rogerkorn

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Stinky-Dinkins said:

As I just explained to Mike (tonk) in chat that Rogerkorn has been spamming chat with the same shit evernight about this sale.
YES, I agree its allot of money and shit and he's waited a few weeks longer.

Put these things into perspective:
1.He ordered just before xmas
2.He cant speak or read english very well

Those 2 things made me think, first off 2 weeks of non postal systems over xmas due to holidaying employees.
Then I noticed that shawn did send him emails in the first part of the sale, Shawn obviously mentioned that international credit card transactions need verification before he ships out the goods which I understand because you wouldnt want to ship to any fraudlant members. So after all this was mentioned he proberly didnt understand the emails.
If he just posted the emails we would of explained what they said to him.

You guys think im a bad person, but fact of the matter is I tried to help this guy from day one, I started a thread asking for Shawn to retify the situation.
Then a few things got me thinking.

He orderded from the Neo Store Mid December 2004
so Minus 2 weeks the postal service was non existant,
Minus the Verification process 1 week,
overall this only makes it like 1 week of actual waiting.

In the end I knew shawn would pull through, ive purchased 3-4 packages from shawn all via paypal but got them quick due to no credit verification needed.

anyway heres the thread I started for him right at the begining:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109048&highlight=shawn

Rogerkorn

Quiz Detective
Snake-Eyes said:
As I just explained to Mike (tonk) in chat that Rogerkorn has been spamming chat with the same shit evernight about this sale.
YES, I agree its allot of money and shit and he's waited a few weeks longer.

Put these things into perspective:
1.He ordered just before xmas
2.He cant speak or read english very well

Those 2 things made me think, first off 2 weeks of non postal systems over xmas due to holidaying employees.
Then I noticed that shawn did send him emails in the first part of the sale, Shawn obviously mentioned that international credit card transactions need verification before he ships out the goods which I understand because you wouldnt want to ship to any fraudlant members. So after all this was mentioned he proberly didnt understand the emails.
If he just posted the emails we would of explained what they said to him.

You guys think im a bad person, but fact of the matter is I tried to help this guy from day one, I started a thread asking for Shawn to retify the situation.
Then a few things got me thinking.

He orderded from the Neo Store Mid December 2004
so Minus 2 weeks the postal service was non existant,
Minus the Verification process 1 week,
overall this only makes it like 1 week of actual waiting.

In the end I knew shawn would pull through, ive purchased 3-4 packages from shawn all via paypal but got them quick due to no credit verification needed.

anyway heres the thread I started for him right at the begining:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109048&highlight=shawn

Ok i cant read or speak english very well but my concern was because i never receive any information about verification process of the credit card.

Last edited:

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Stinky-Dinkins said:

I guess 900 dollars is nothing for Snake-Eyes, he live in a another world !

Anyways i m glad all of the problems seem resolved !

One thing, i find the WoW excuse little strange, myself i doesnt believe someone can be addicted like that !

Last edited:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Well im glad to see this is sorted out... Although he was still online and able to reply to emails.. hence able to reply to neo store inquiries..

Any word on the next sale.. im working on getting my CC down and i want an atomis wave setup soon. Probably after i start my new job in march.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Shawn said:
For years the NeoStore has managed to consistently provide exceptional service, until recently. There are a handful of outstanding orders from international customers that involved further credit card owner verification, a time consuming yet necessary process. These customers will receive a full refund for their overseas shipping and handling charges, and these orders will be shipped ASAP.

So why the slip you ask?
I’m still alive, the NeoStore is still open but it has been operating in low gear. Some of you may remember BonusKun, about how you wouldn’t hear from him for ages, that’s because he was off playing Phantasy Star Online. Well, I too have succumbed to a similar MMORPG with a land of never ending quests, best compared to the popular EverQuest AKA EverCrack.

The problem was that I’ve been playing World of Warcaft like mad. This is the most addictive video game I’ve been sucked into since I was twenty (Ultima Online). But now I’m a level 60 mage (the cap), and there are no new levels to gain. Playing in moderation is now within my control. I have woken up so to speak.

I realize I may have lost some respect from some of you business wise, but I’m hoping the gamer in you will allow me to earn it back. All current and new orders will now be shipped with the exceptional speed that many have been accustomed to. Any outstanding emails will be addressed ASAP.

I'm glad things are back to normal :). I'll tell my friend David from Barcelona (actually he is from the neighbour city of Badalona) he can expect you to contact him about his purchase of a KoF Neowave using his store credit, we all want to play that game :drool_2:

pretas

Marked Wolf
Buyrite.com is reviled on this forum due to this same sort of crap. The only difference is they don't make up insultingly laughable stories to explain why for weeks they ignored e-mails and did not ship any boxes.

Like sheep, many of you follow anything that moves.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Stephane said:
I guess 900 dollars is nothing for Snake-Eyes, he live in a another world !

Anyways i m glad all of the problems seem resolved !

One thing, i find the WoW excuse little strange, myself i doesnt believe someone can be addicted like that !

Yeah I wipe my ass on dollar bills, its abit chrispy though.

Me and Shawn actually smoked RogerKorns money. The truth is Shawn was'nt addicted to a game he had the munchies and we end up looking for a "White Castle" It was a true adventure.

Snake-Eyes and Shawn go to White Castle. On DVD and Video NOW!!! BUY IT AT THE NEO STORE.

Last edited:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
pretas said:
Buyrite.com is reviled on this forum due to this same sort of crap. The only difference is they don't make up insultingly laughable stories to explain why for weeks they ignored e-mails and did not ship any boxes.

Like sheep, many of you follow anything that moves.

Fucking Gospel.

The excuse "I was wanking my dick over WoW" is not valid, if you run an online company. Is Shawn admitting this is only a "fan pastime"? Taking that into account, how could you order from someone like this, who may get easily distracted by something else and lose the time to answer your email or send something out.

Saying your dog ate the piece of paper your server info was on, would have been more believeable than world of warcraft..... :lol:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
DashK said:
Fucking Gospel.

The excuse "I was wanking my dick over WoW" is not valid, if you run an online company. Is Shawn admitting this is only a "fan pastime"? Taking that into account, how could you order from someone like this, who may get easily distracted by something else and lose the time to answer your email or send something out.

Saying your dog ate the piece of paper your server info was on, would have been more believeable than world of warcraft..... :lol:

You have a valid point. However, is a WoW addiction any less of an addiction than some other type of addiction. People get addicted to all sorts of things...internet...gambling.....p0rn...you name it.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
International credit verification takes a max of 3 days(I use to work as management trainee for Citibank). I undertstand why the guy is upset, the order was placed at around December 15 and anyone for that matter would feel that way.

I do understand Shawn as there were a number of times I was hooked up in some PC game like WC Frozen Thrown that I would literally forget my work. Now this game called Battle for Middle Earth has taken so much and maybe too much of my time.

@Shawn

1. Don't fall for the "another hour...one more level...syndrome", in the end they don't really work ;) I know you know that already.

2. Sent you an e-mail regarding AOF 3 last Jan 7 and still waiting for a reply

3. Our previous offer for a free web design for your site is still up. PM me if you still want it done.

Last edited:

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Athlon64 said:
1. Don't fall for the "another hour...one more level...syndrome", in the end they don't really work ;) I know you know that already.

You know what, I have'nt had that feeling for 5 years, games just dont do that to me anymore. :(

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Wow... an answer no one probably expected, but not one that's completely unexpected.

I've written two legal papers on MMORPGs, they're unbelievably addicting... or so I've read. I too am too afraid of getting involved for fear of crashing and burning my final semester of law school. ...and I didn't just spend 3 years in MN for nuthin'!

Man I shit you not, it gets bad. When I finally put pso down I'd lost 3 months+ of my life and didnt realize it. I was up nearly all freaking night playing that game.
Man I have almost all rares, so thats what left me bored, the fact there was nothing left besides items I could only get online, to whit I wouldnt play online for fear of hacking.

For the record I have 8 chars in pso, 2 of which are past level 140, and two others are in the 100's plus another 4 chars. 7 out of 8 are in ult.

MMORPG'S are very bad things to get into, because they DO GET COMPARABLE TO DRUGS. I mean this, and it gets bad on your eyes.

Moderation is the key, I put PSO down for a while and when I bought plus for those offline extra's I began to realize how insane it had become.

Put it down before it puts you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.