Dead Nintendo DS

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
My brand new Nintendo DS has died suddenly, about three days after purchasing it.

The first sign that something was wrong was when I had been playing it for about a half hour- suddenly the screen went blank and it shut off. I turned it back on and it was fine for the rest of the day.

The next day it wouldn't turn on. A crackling noise came out of the speakers when I pressed the power button, but the screen remained blank. I thought it might have been low on batteries, so I charged it. Again when I pressed the button I got the crackle, but after a few tries it came back to life. I played it for awhile, turned it off, and I haven't been able to turn it on again since. All I get is the crackle.

Anyone else having issues like this with their DS?

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I'm having nothing but great luck with mine so far(knock on wood), but I'd send mine back to Nintendo for a replacement while you still can. I've heard nothing but good remarks about their customer service in terms of handling defective DS units.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
cunt .. that sucks,

sounds like the battery is dodgy, the speakers crackling might be it not being man enough to make sound .. or something

(god, that was a semi useless answer)

unlucky man

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
tsukaesugi said:
My brand new Nintendo DS has died suddenly, about three days after purchasing it.

The first sign that something was wrong was when I had been playing it for about a half hour- suddenly the screen went blank and it shut off. I turned it back on and it was fine for the rest of the day.

The next day it wouldn't turn on. A crackling noise came out of the speakers when I pressed the power button, but the screen remained blank. I thought it might have been low on batteries, so I charged it. Again when I pressed the button I got the crackle, but after a few tries it came back to life. I played it for awhile, turned it off, and I haven't been able to turn it on again since. All I get is the crackle.

Anyone else having issues like this with their DS?

WOW! I thought Nintendo DS's did'nt have DEAD issues? I guess my DOA PSP isn't the only one having issues.

I Hope my DS doesnt take a dump on me like yours did.

My New PSP is on the way.

Good luck with your DS issue, hope you get a new one or maybe it is just the battery?

tsukaesugi

Piccolo_DBz said:
Hope you get it resolved quick dude.

Heh heh... the local big chain electronics store near my house was sold out of DS's so I bought mine at a small video shop around the corner. The guy who sold it to me forgot to give me the reciept when I bought it. Needless to say he didn't sign the warranty either (something the big chain stores always do).

Resolving this is going to be fun.

Anyhow, I just wanted to know if anyone else was having problems, or if I'm just the one unlucky guy in 10,000 that got a bum unit.

tsukaesugi

kernow said:
cunt .. that sucks,

sounds like the battery is dodgy, the speakers crackling might be it not being man enough to make sound .. or something

BREACH 444 said:
Good luck with your DS issue, hope you get a new one or maybe it is just the battery?

Don't think it's the battery, it won't turn on even when the adapter is plugged in.

Thanks anyhow guys.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I be the dude that sold it to you was playing the shit outta it before he sold it. Then he smashed it with a hammer and sold it. :kekeke:

That's too bad, but from the sounds of things you're probably going to end up buying a new one...

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I hope you can get it back running man. If not though, I am looking to buy a doa unit to take apart. :)

barf

Maxima's Barber
well if the shop has stamped the 販売店 box corner it ll be ok (providing they have not been robbed) :)

anyway a friend had one (it just worked for 1hour) , he returned it to his importer and the next had a flawed bottom screen (odd lighting) talk about bad luck :I

tsukaesugi said:
Heh heh... the local big chain electronics store near my house was sold out of DS's so I bought mine at a small video shop around the corner. The guy who sold it to me forgot to give me the reciept when I bought it. Needless to say he didn't sign the warranty either (something the big chain stores always do).

Resolving this is going to be fun.

Anyhow, I just wanted to know if anyone else was having problems, or if I'm just the one unlucky guy in 10,000 that got a bum unit.

Glad to say I havent seen any defective in my store yet. Good luck tsuka.

P.S. Maybe it's the AC cord. You can check by using a GBA SP one.
:(

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

UPDATE:
Phoned Nintendo, explained that I didn't have a signed warranty or receipt, they said 'send it in anyway'. I sent it off on Wednesday, on Saturday morning I received a brand new DS courtesy of Nintendo. To top it all off they even paid for the postage both ways.

I have always had respect for Nintendo and the games and systems that they make, after this incident my respect for them has shot through the roof.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
sounds like a rare version. you should have sold it at e-Bay.

tsukaesugi

k'_127 said:
sounds like a rare version. you should have sold it at e-Bay.

Your sig is awesome.

LVL_60_Mage.png