Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: *UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

BANNED
    Banned
    Here's why

Quote Originally Posted by snooptalian
    I never heard of a proto for Super Mario's Wacky Worlds for the CD-i before. Are there copies of the game to be had anywhere to play on a CD-i, or is there just a known proto for the game somewhere? I saw a site showing screenshots, specific disc information and homebrew label scans, but no rom for the game as far as I can tell anywhere.
    I'd also like to know more about this game.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Seriously, though, who really cares all that much? If the games were really fun, they would most likely have been released. I know there are a FEW good protos, but even then, whats the point of having a video game worth several grand?

I just hate the idea that a crappy game is worth 25, a game never released because it was crappy is worth 2500.

FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

Quote Originally Posted by FrostbayneAucti
    Seriously, though, who really cares all that much? If the games were really fun, they would most likely have been released. I know there are a FEW good protos, but even then, whats the point of having a video game worth several grand?

I just hate the idea that a crappy game is worth 25, a game never released because it was crappy is worth 2500.

Ironic, isn't it?

The owners, though will tell you how great it is.

Miracle Seller

"CHICAGO" is TenRinNoSho -Shikago, aka Breaker's:

As for the Magic Cram School game I am quite certain it was on a planned release list in 1995/1996 though I think I sold that booklet to Orpheus. Even if development began in 1990 it does not seem to have been totally abandoned for 13 years.

And on the subject of unreleased games, it does also occur that deals in the front office break down between publisher & developer at any stage during development, even after completion, though generally a finished game will find its way to market somehow or other. Anyhow, finished or not something new is always a little fun so why not make a little fuss. And a lot of fuss if they are finished and affordable/free

NEO GEO hardware, softawre, soundtracks, books, guides & everything else for sale!

Metal Slug 2 secrets

Rule number 1 of life: 'If something is your fault, immediately & remorselessly blame someone stupider and weaker than you and laugh as they get it in the ass'.

Hardened Shock Trooper
    Moreno Valley / Riverside, California. USA

Quote Originally Posted by Sumez
    Yet you're the one willing to cash in to get at new Neo Geo prototype dumped for the public

Who said anything about cashing in? Please stop trying
    to assume too much since I havent said anything to such
    an extent and it relates very little to the point at hand.

Simply put: If this were to happen we'd be happy to
    help in the purchase. This isn't an xbox game, it's
    neo geo prototypes of which only a small group
    of people care/know about to begin with and
    when I'm talking about dumping them then IMHO
    it would be fairly stupid to assume there would be
    any profit involved - especially when the whole
    point of dumping would be making it available
    to everyone.

This won't happen of course which was my point.

When you are done talking out of your ass feel
    free to add something worthwile to this thread kthx.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car...

In search of monsters to destroy

Quote Originally Posted by OlderGames
    This won't happen of course which was my point.
    There was a point a while back where a number of individuals were ready with something like 10k to buy a few protos, so it can be done, not 10 bucks at a time like Dark Andy suggests though.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

Support your local Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Bomber Man
    And on the subject of unreleased games, it does also occur that deals in the front office break down between publisher & developer at any stage during development, even after completion, though generally a finished game will find its way to market somehow or other. Anyhow, finished or not something new is always a little fun so why not make a little fuss. And a lot of fuss if they are finished and affordable/free
    I think that is at least true for Pop 'n Bounce, IIRC, SNK refused to release it because they wanted to use an Arkanoid like controller (rotary) as an option, and SNK did not want to goto the expense of kitting an item for the MVS, so they 'shelved' the game (we have yet to know whether or not you are able to use such a controller, but again, my memory could be wrong), although Video System still got it released. I'm sure there is more to the story, just don't remember it, this all happened like 7 to 8 years ago, right after the 1996 rush of titles.

Hardened Shock Trooper
    Moreno Valley / Riverside, California. USA

Quote Originally Posted by lithy
    There was a point a while back where a number of individuals were ready with something like 10k to buy a few protos, so it can be done, not 10 bucks at a time like Dark Andy suggests though.
    Believe me I think it would be a nice thing to see
    but I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

I totally agree on the $10 thing = ain't gonna happen.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car...

DASH DARK ANDY K

Quote Originally Posted by lithy
    I just threw that out, price doesn't generally have to be that low.

Hell, I'd give $50/Proto if everyone else chipped in as well.
    MERGED ACCOUNT, SEMI DEFUNCT

Sakura's Bank Manager

Lightbulb Protos

It all comes down to putting your money where your mouth is. When GL was available to us, very few were willing to put up the cash. Everyone was so ready until it was time to actually pay. I did receive thanks from quite a few members, but that's not what I want. I would appreciate some cooperation from everyone to get these and future titles released. While I understand Billy's deisre to hold protos for trade it never lets them be released until someone else steps forward and takes the cut and you don't seem to share anything you currently have that exists. We are here for the same reason and we create the drama and money hype ourselves. In the end I'm always ready for a proto hunt especially if its 6 at a time. Raz, let us know what we need to do to share these with the community. I'm ready and I'm sure others are as well. If anyone's serious about this too, please PM me and I'll start a list of proto donors willing to spend $250 each (I'll mark your name in my signature if you PM me and are a serious about a contribution to this cause). Maybe we can do something similar to ghostlop, but on an open playing field. Those that were involved will know what I mean.

King of Typists

"CHICAGO" is TenRinNoSho -Shikago, aka Breaker's:

Man, you really are the flyer master or something!
    J'y gagne, dit le renard, ŕ cause de la couleur du blé...

Mais si elle l'aimait, elle n'était libre de rien.

凄いゲームを、連れて帰ろう。
    "NEO·GEO is the most important of unimportant things." - Fran

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Who said anything about cashing in? Please stop trying
    to assume too much since I havent said anything to such
    an extent and it relates very little to the point at hand.

(blah blah blah)

When you are done talking out of your ass feel
    free to add something worthwile to this thread kthx.
    Geesh, relax! There's no reason to start insulting me. Apparently this is a misunderstanding caused by my poor grasp of the English language.
    By "cash in" I meant sacrifice money of your own.
    I thought my point would be clear, since my post wouldn't make any sense, if I meant the opposite. So let's try again:
    Stupidity and generousity are 2 different things....
    Yet you're the one willing to throw in money to get at new Neo Geo prototype dumped for the public

You have yet to explain why you want to grace us with one prototype, and not the other.
    I'm not trying to criticise you, I'm sorry if you see it as an attack.
    Last edited by Sumez; 01-13-2005 at 04:51 AM.

Miracle Seller

Quote Originally Posted by Shito
    Man, you really are the flyer master or something!
    It doesn't stop there... Now if only I could acquire the games themselves. Suppose I never look hard enough to be honest.

icon25.gif

It doesn't stop there... Now if only I could acquire the games themselves. Suppose I never look hard enough to be honest.
    Congrats on moving that Windjammers. I'll be kicking myself for awhile for not being able to get it.

Phillip

[06:21 PM] djdelly: you made me sit in the bath tub to leech wifi for two hours... that is something I will never forget

http://www.slashnet.org/webclient/neo-geo.com

PSN: Bulletnyourass
    XBOX360: Bulletnyourass
    Wii: 0795-8296-7048-8608
    SSBB: 1762-2483-2553

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Hi there

I have got a message back from Xacrow. He tells me he will do some ingame shots to these games so this will make some of you very happy. He also confirms that 'CHICAGO is the development name of Breakers' and 'Super Volleyball '94 is Power Spike II'. Going from this we can say 2 of the games were released under different names, that leaves 4.

Finally Xacrow has asked me not to ask him any more about these games so I will respect that. I know him and hes a man of his word so to start flooding him with questions on these games is probably not a good thing, espicially if you start asking him to release them.

Regards, Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

I wish I really were French super-saiya-jin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola
    Hi there

I have got a message back from Xacrow. He tells me he will do some ingame shots to these games so this will make some of you very happy. He also confirms that 'CHICAGO is the development name of Breakers' and 'Super Volleyball '94 is Power Spike II'. Going from this we can say 2 of the games were released under different names, that leaves 4.

Finally Xacrow has asked me not to ask him any more about these games so I will respect that. I know him and hes a man of his word so to start flooding him with questions on these games is probably not a good thing, espicially if you start asking him to release them.

Regards, Raz

World Her

Hi there

Regards, Raz
    so he shows pictures of 6 protos and he don't want people to ask him about gameplay/graphics/sound of those games? Then why you show them using a teaser title screen for each one?

I could understand the "i won't talk about dumps" argument. But this "i won't talk about those games althought i showed you a pair of pics" sounds like the advertisement for his future eBay sell
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

Hairdresser

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuna1982
    so he shows pictures of 6 protos and he don't want people to ask him about gameplay/graphics/sound of those games? Then why you show them using a teaser title screen for each one?

I could understand the "i won't talk about dumps" argument. But this "i won't talk about those games althought i showed you a pair of pics" sounds like the advertisement for his future eBay sell
    Yeah, that seems pretty stupid. Post pics of the games but don't ask him anymore questions about them. Please

I could really give a shit about these myself, but for those who want to know more info, I can see how this could really piss them off. People like Billy Pittt who thrive for protos, and just want to know if these are real lost games or not. Just give the stupid game code numbers, then crawl back into your little hole with your precious proto bullshit... These proto mongering asses really need to step off there high horse and either put up or shut the fuck up. If you don't want people talking about or asking about your stuff, stop posting teaser pics of it on the net.

icon33.gif in a matter of speaking, no.

Hi there

Regards, Raz

Raz, with all due respect, that's not good enough.

You yourself built the universal bios. You yourself are a member of the same emulation community that Xacrow is. It takes MINUTES of Xacrows time to punch up the 4 titles via the universal bios and acquire the game code numbers. There is NO techincal reason why he would not be able to do so, and there is no legit reason why he would be unwilling to do so. He loses NOTHING by doing it.

I can wait "patiently" for more screenshots. I can also respect not to bother him about dumping them. But we need those NGH numbers. That information is THE most important of anything at all.

Please kindly redirect this urgent request to Xacrow as he seems to respond/reply to you and get this information asap.

Awaiting your reply.
    Billy Pitt
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

Hi there

Regards, Raz

What a fucking faggot..

"OOoooh... I'll release some pics to tease the masses, but don't fucking ask me about them because I won't tell you.. na na na na na na"

What a douche.. he's just dying for the attention.

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself

if he can do photos than there is no reason that he can't provide the numbers. After that I'm sure he will be left alone about all this stuff.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun
    Raz, with all due respect, that's not good enough.

You yourself built the universal bios. You yourself are a member of the same emulation community that Xacrow is. It takes MINUTES of Xacrows time to punch up the 4 titles via the universal bios and acquire the game code numbers. There is NO techincal reason why he would not be able to do so, and there is no legit reason why he would be unwilling to do so. He loses NOTHING by doing it.

I can wait "patiently" for more screenshots. I can also respect not to bother him about dumping them. But we need those NGH numbers. That information is THE most important of anything at all.

Please kindly redirect this urgent request to Xacrow as he seems to respond/reply to you and get this information asap.

Awaiting your reply.
    Billy Pitt
    Maybe he will give the ID numbers, it just wasent mentioned in his mail. Lets see what he gives with the new screenshots first and go from there. If there is one thing I know its not to rush him.

Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun
    But we need those NGH numbers. That information is THE most important of anything at all.

Billy, you need help.

Seriously.

FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

If there is one thing I know its not to rush him.

Raz
    Xacrow is...

T3H ROM DIVA!

Reese.

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuna1982

Here's your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder
    ... What a douche.. he's just dying for the attention.
    And you may also refer to my post above. Like I said, this guy is just eating this up.

Thread Information